[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Michiel Alright thanks will dive into it!

New app update (live: 2.35.3):

Changelog:
1. FIX: leftover from old Camera Alarm removal for Eufy 2C Pro
2. NEW: add extra options for arming icon
3. FIX: alarm arm mode settings

Hello,

Question: Iā€™m looking into buying a Eufy Video Doorbell. If connected to Homey running the Eufy App, will the doorcam be visible/usable in Homekit on my iOS devices? Iā€™m running Homeykit for Homey-Homekit integration.

For instance, if someone rings the bell, would Homekit send me a pushnotification on my iPhone and give me possibility to view the videofeed en talk to the person at the door?

Second question, would it be possible to use my HomePodā€™s as chimes via Homekit Automations?

I hope someone has experience with this chain/setup.

Hi @B-lex
Iā€™m not using HomeyKit myself. But what I can say about some parts:

This wil not be possible. The only way to stream is using the weburl which I made a flowcard for or use the official eufy app. Itā€™s not posssible to get this stream in Homekit. Maybe you can do something with Apple shortcuts when a message comes in? :man_shrugging:

If HomeyKit can react on notifications you wonā€™t even need Homey for that. But not sure about that :confused:
Hopefull thereā€™s someone in this thread who uses Homeykit and Eufy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen - would it be possible to implement a flow card in the ā€œThenā€ section that says ā€œReboot Homebaseā€?

Hey @Peter_Kalrsson
No unfortunately not. Tried it before :frowning:

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.35.5):

Changelog:
1. FIX: error handling for Homey 7.4.1
2. FIX: auth token

1 Like

Thanks for fixing @martijnpoppen :star_struck:

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.35.6):

Changelog:
1. FIX: 7.4.1 error reports

FYI: all these fixes are for the new release of Homey 7.4.1
Since 7.4.1. Homey actively logs errors which happens somewhere in the application. The app doesnā€™t crash but it is bad practice to leave those errors. So when I get new logs Iā€™m updating it so the application will be ā€œerror freeā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure I speak for many, but your efforts are second to none, your pro active nature is wonderful

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Philip_Montgomery :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

Het is gelukt! Achteraf snap ik niet wat ik fout deedā€¦ maar het werkt dus :slight_smile: Bedankt!

1 Like

Martijn, there is a alam status ā€œuitā€ end ā€œuitgeschakeldā€ how come? This is the same end whit the homebase en flood cam there is always one status that is not usable. Also a question staus custom 1,2,3 could we name them? Ore wy dos this not get the same name in homey like in eufy app?

Thx! :blush:

Hey @Yannick_Eeckelaert

Uit and Uitgeschakeld is because the Keypad has a different option which is Uit.
Thatā€™s why they are both there.

For the names Itā€™s not possible to dynamically name them (in Homey), thatā€™s why I called them custom

I use the keypad, can you explain how this should we used. The keypad is not a fisical device in homeyā€¦

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

When you press Uit on the keypad it will trigger the Uit on your Homebase

Ho ok,

End stil no way tot make it a fysical device? En show the status just whit the devices were it for?

Thx for the quick reply martijn!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

@Yannick_Eeckelaert
The keypad has no function. Only setting a different security mode. Which you can catch with the Homebase. So adding it to Homey is possible but you canā€™t do anything with it.

I can look into the security modes if I can dynamically assign the values based on the devices you paired, but not sure if that works. :crossed_fingers:

Would be great to see it in homey :innocent:

Would be great to look into.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

Hi,

Sorry if this has been up earlier in the thread but I havenā€™t found anything.

Is it possible to get the Homey to override the Eufy app?

I have an indoor cam and a Eufy cam 2C.

I want to receive notifications when Iā€™m away from home or between 10:00 PM and 08:00 AM if anything happens.
Otherwise I donā€™t want to have any notice since Iā€™m home.

I donā€™t want to go into the Eufy app every time to change modes betwee home and away and I donā€™t want to use the geo since it need to have the gps active all the time.

I know how to do the flowcard in Homey but can Homey some how override Eufy?