[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Stjepan_Siljac
Can you try to test the flow? (with the test button)
does it give a error?

The security mode change just loops

@Stjepan_Siljac
Alright!
Check the IP address of your Homebase and make sure it’s correct and internal

Just realised something: My “Custom 1” isn’t called “Custom 1” in the app - it’s called “Garage C1” (since “Custom 1” isn’t a name of something that I have at home :smiley: )

Homey only reports “Custom 1-3”…

Yes
I can’t change those names on the fly… So that’s why I named them custom 1-3… :confused:

Hey Martijn! I was wondering whether it’s possible to start a record action for Eufy camera’s. E.g. I’ve got a Hue outdoor motion sensor I could use to trigger a 30 second recording for my camera that’s facing the same direction.
Does the Eufy API support starting record actions?

2 Likes

Hey @trietsch
Unfortunately not. Homey doesn’t have the power/software to convert the video to a file.
So at the moment not :frowning:

The recording option in the official Eufy app also saves to the device instead of the Homebase/SD card

I think it was meant more to trigger the Eufy to start recording when a motion sensor triggers (without the motion sensor in the Eufy cam), probably because you can then trigger it before the first motion on the camera

Sure but then the answer is still the same :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not possible with the hardware of Homey

Edit: oh wait, got the point… So actually same functionality what Eufy does when theres momevent…
Hmm that might be possible…

Will come back on that :wink:

3 Likes

Why would Homey hardware be an issue for that? Would just be an API call (probably) to the cam to start recording (on the camera).

Yep exactly what you said in your edit :+1:

1 Like

I thought recording and saving to Homey. :man_facepalming:

Well I’m not sure if @trietsch meant what I just interpreted, but that would be a nice functionality, especially with the doorbell, cause that triggers the recording quite late, and as far as i know Eufy doesn’t allow you to set a x second buffer so you get video from x seconds before motion occured. So that could then be resolved with an external motion sensor

1 Like

Yeah it would be nice.
I Saw something like this.
But not sure if a Eufy accepts the commands.
Still worth a try though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To clarify a bit more, what I meant is: there is a motion detected, so record for x seconds and store the recording to the home base. Just like any other motion recordings work with Eufy. Only the trigger is manual.
Homey would only initialize the action, and does not need to view the stream.

Edit: whoops autocorrect (moron instead of motion)

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m looking into buying a Eufy Security System. Im planning to fully setup all security related stuff on the side of Eufy. However, I would like to re-use some of Eufy’s sensors/camera’s to trigger non-security related flows in Homey (e.g. lights when door/contact sensors are opened or motion is detected by a camera).

Is this possible via this app? Or should the sensors be connected to Homey directly?

Hey @Wouterr

the sensors can only be paired with the Homebase of Eufy.

With Homey you can receive the events of your motion sensor. However this requires push notifications to be enabled for the sensor. (which might be annoying :wink: ) .

You can have a look here and see the flowcards and supported devices: Eufy Security App voor Homey | Homey

Thanks for reaching out! Clear answer.

However, not sure what you mean by the push notifications. Do you mean that if I want to trigger a flow for e.g. a motion sensor, I will ALSO get a push notification from Eufy for Homey to be able to do so?

@Wouterr

Yes Exactly.
This is not a official Eufy Integration so this is the only way to do it.
But wanted to address it before you buy :wink:

Ah ok. That might annoying indeed… Thanks for the info!

New app update (test: 2.30.1):

Changelog:
1. NEW: video doorbell dual