[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Strange thing is that I can controle the home base. I. Can changing its status en it reacts. The doorbell works fine also. It are. Just all of the eufy pro cam that are not working.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

1 Like

Will send you a DM @Yannick_Eeckelaert

It happened again :frowning:
6eac14e8-5abd-4e19-aa91-da4c86b54861

@Edgar Again all the logs are empty,
If there’s no Exclamation mark at the app screen there’s nothing I can do to fix it :confused:

oke… then i have to live with it, until the new homey arrives :frowning:
thnx anyway!

@Edgar You might want to ask Athom if they can see what goes wrong. But from this logs I can’t see any issues:

Athom does not do anything. They just say there is an issue and i have to figure it out here… but saidly, without success so far (not only ur app). So… i will wait until the new homey and start over in that one…

1 Like

Hope that fixes it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi Martijn,
I am using your Eufy security app and before the updates without issues. After the update (now running v3.2.11) I noticed the following:

• if I change the mode in Homey (Early 2019 model), it will change the mode on the Eufy DB2 device
  • the other way it does not work: if I change the mode on the Eufy, Homey is not able to detect this and in Homey the mode is not change

Is there a setting I need to modify in the Homey app to make the mode change detection in Homey work again?

Thanks,
Dyan

I created a report with the following id: f821f2be-ae00-423a-ac0a-0666acd8b97b

Hey @Dyan_dh
Yes that’s part of the Homebase settings.
Homey does force those notifications, because Eufy disables them everytime.

When you go into the Homebase settings (in the official Eufy app) go to notifications. Make sure Notfiications from APP and Keypad are enabled

Hi Martijn, thank you for your contribution to this platform…

Since a couple of weeks I have issues logging in and making the devices work. I get a time out all the time. I use the latest experimental app now.
After I saw an update this morning I was able to add homebase 2 and a cam again. After I added them they asked me to repair it and I get the time out again when it tries to login.

Removing and installing again isn’t possible anymore.

What could this be?

Hey @JP_van_den_H

Thanks!

The timeouts are really annoying and are related to Homey and not specifically this app.
What you can try:

• Restart the Homey pap
  • Try repairing via the webapp
  • Try repairing via the developer portal: Homey Developer Tools (select repair in the dropdown on the left)
1 Like

Thanks, I was able to add them again, but the device (doorbell and camera) just don’t work, or are very unreliable at best.

• log often remain empty (time out I think)
  • temp often doesn’t show

I will test if movement will activate flows, but I’m afraid they don’t

I hope this is solvable in the future, because I like the possibilities it gives me.

Do you get a new Homey Pro for testing?

@JP_van_den_H for the movement it’s good to check if your settings are correct. check FAQ Q1

Do you mean the events in the mobile app or something else?

Temp and battery are not always up to date unfortunately

To be honest, not yet. just got a new house which had some more priority :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@JP_van_den_H can you also send a diagnotic report?
to be sure there are no errors :slight_smile:

you can do that via the mobile Homey app:

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

New app update (test: 3.2.12):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: Error in events helper
2: FIX: Error in Flowcard
3: FIX: Alert messages for On/Off and Security modes
4: FIX: Image update when imagepath is not found
5: FIX: security mode alarm → when disabled remove option
6: FIX: Events helper undefined HomeyClient
7: FIX: Possible memory leak warning
8: FIX: Update device serials for 1080P doorbell

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

@Yannick_Eeckelaert this should resolve your issue :slight_smile:
you can install the test version via the above url and click install (green button)

events when you open device, list of events indeed

Ok, not that special anyway. Temp sensor is too close to the wall for correct measurement

I hope more people sponsor you for your effort, so you can.
I saw you updated to SDK v3 :+1:

I created an easy flow to test when I get home. I’ll let you know if it works, and will send you the diagnostic report info.

1 Like

Thanks!
also saw your log, but don’t see anything strange.

Let me know indeed if it works :slight_smile:

New app update (live: 3.2.14):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: Error in events helper
2: FIX: Error in Flowcard
3: FIX: Alert messages for On/Off and Security modes
4: FIX: Image update when imagepath is not found
5: FIX: security mode alarm → when disabled remove option
6: FIX: Events helper undefined HomeyClient
7: FIX: Possible memory leak warning
8: FIX: Update device serials for 1080P doorbell

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

Did you find anything @martijnpoppen ? Thanks!