[APP][Pro] ELKO Smart (deprecated)

Has anyone tried changing the sensor mode of the Super TR RF thermostats? It seems it defaults to reading the floor sensor on the device bubble but i want it to use the air sensor instead. Changing the default sensor on the physical thermostat does not affect the Homey device so i guess it would need or be done in both places.

I get this error trying to update the device settings:

Invalid setting type! Got string but expected boolean (checkbox) for regulator Mode

My electrician just installed my new Elko Smart Pushdimmers. I have thermostats from Elko working in Homey already. But the new pushdimmers when I add them (as an Elko device using your app, and choosing the pushdimmer), Homey just says it «could not find a Homey App for this device, it has been added as «Unknown Zigbee Device». The resulting «Uknown Zigbee Device» is working, I can turn on and off and dim the light in Homey, but maybe it’s not supposed to work like this?

Venter spent pÄ denne :smiley:

Sliter med Smart Pir Dimmeren, blir ikke klok pĂ„ timeren pĂ„ tiden det tar fĂžr lyset slĂ„s av. SlĂ„r seg av etter 10-15 minutter ish. Har satt «Nedstengingstidtaker» til 3000 sekund😄

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Norsk (Norwegian)

This will be the last time i’m going to remind though, next time it will be auto deleted.

Hi, I just want to second the request for smart tags support. I would be willing to donate money to make this happen.

Hi,

Just got my ELKO ESH RS16 Super thermostat after long time waiting.

In the meantine, someone told me this doesn’t update the energy (W), has anyone experienced this or other issues?

You need to add the effect of your floor heating in settings for each thermostat. Also use the test version of the app.

Hi @prj_84,

I noticed that I got a rather high temp setting and it is not changing. Where does this come from? Is it a bug?

So one thing that doesn’t work too well with the dimmers added as unknown zigbee device, is that when the light is turned on manually, it doesnt register as turned on in Homey, so Homey thinks the light is switched off. This affects any flow that wants to turn the light off, because it thinks the device is already off, so it doesn’t try to switch it off. Resulting in the light staying on.

Sjekk under advanced settings at du har valgt gulvsensoren. Det er denne instillingen som velger hvor temperatur hentes fra (gulv eller luft)

Hi, I have always selected air sensor as I don’t have floor sensors added. But after your latest updates of the app the issue have dissapeared. All ok at the moment.

Thank you so much for a great app!! Is it possible in the feature that Elko Super Thermostats will report real time Watt and kWh? As far as I know, the thermostats have this option, but it says zero watts in the app.

Does the test version report energy/kWh realtime or is it just using your setting in the device?

No, it calculate the energy/kWh based on the settings you put in the app. At mine the calculation is wrong (showing too little) so I have an Advanced Flow calculate more correct total consumption based on when heating is active from the thermostat. I’ve raised the issue here, but seems like I was the only one with that issue

I also have the same error. Shows way too little consumption (kWh).

kWh is based on internal consumption report reported every 10 min. The live W consumption is based on the Load you specify in advanced settings and relay state. Reason for this is that the thermostat it selv reports a average W last 10 min, useless if you want to monitor total live consumption in the house.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I guess there is no way to work around this in the app. I will continue with my AF for consumption calculation.
Do you know if the new thermostats from Elko works in the same way? or are they better in any way, besides the design?

Hi!

Still some issues with “measure_temperature”. When thermostat is set to supervisor_floor or “Air” it is not updating the value. And i suppose the backgroundcolour is supposed to change to orange when heating is on, and blue when heating is off? :smiley:

I am also curious about support for the new SmartTermostat: SMARTTERMOSTAT PLUS SO

Is it just a reskin of the RS16 and supported out of the box?

2 Likes