[APP][Pro] Duco modbus

What year is your Focus purchased?
I have the pre 17xxx focus (2017), purchased when they were both on the market. The communication board was not compatible with our version.

But a MGate works just fine.

Bought mine and the board in 2020. Will get a converter and try again :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for posting the app. But I have the same problem. I can’t add the ducobox focus with the communication print (same as mentioned here).
I already have the print and can acces everything locally when I enter the IP adres so another converter seems a bit overkill?

Hi nick,

you can access the box using modbus on port 502?

Best regards,

Not with the app. Then I get the ‘could not open device on ipadres:502’ error.
I can acces using ip adres in normal browser.

ah, it has a webserver. That doesn’t mean it supports modbus :wink:

1 Like

But it should:

Ok, I think I get it. The communication print has got ethernet and modbus on board. Ethernet-connection is giving it the IP adres but this app can’t acces with the ducobox through this ethernet module. It needs the modbus out (with converter). Than the app communicates with this converter and that’s the ip adres I have to give as input.

I don’t know how but can this app communicate through the standard communication print with will be in most of the ducoboxes installed?

Thanks,

Is that the side of the ventbox or the side of the ethernet?
I don’t know the existence of TCP baudrates stopbits an polarities.

I’m afraid you are losing me with this question :slight_smile:
The communication print is attached to the vent box, The print is connected to the network.
I’m accessing the print through local ip adres in webbrowser.

Hi Nick,

I’m not sure. I have the pre 2017 version, with only a modbus RTU interface on its standard controller PCB.

I’m not sure what, but it might be possible that the modbus interface on the communication PCB gives modbus access to the Duco ventilation system (via Modbus RTU).
OR
it is used to control older boxes over modbus, but that’s something you could find in documentation or by asking a supplier.

You could try to hook a usb-485 converter to the interface and use Modbus software (CAS modbus scanner) to read some adresses.

Best regards,

In this info page they say:
“Het ondersteunde protocol is ModBus TCP over Ethernet of WiFi via de Duco Connectivity Board.”(think you are NL :slight_smile: ). But that’s about all the info they give.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjDmNSVveeDAxWCRKQEHXVUDnoQFnoECBYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.duco.eu%2FWes%2FCDN%2F1%2FAttachments%2Finformatieblad-ModBus-TCP-(nl)_638306267538347293.pdf&usg=AOvVaw37ZAx5fxQe64Z2xV84JICo&opi=89978449

I’ll see if I can find something else

The current implementation is based on:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.duco.eu/Wes/CDN/1/Attachments/informatieblad-ModBus-RTU-(nl)_638328128557957132.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwifkdODxeeDAxVRyLsIHbI5AOkQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3lyEUlR77NMZbwO31Dhvw1

Its basically the same, with some difference for the newest master device (ID 17) which have some additional fields.

You should be able to connect to the TCP port 502 using CAS modbus scanner, read input or holding address 10 (length of 1).
input address 10 should return 17, holding address 10 should return 655335 (0xFFFF, as value -1).

[edit]

Best regards,

There is a difference between the communication board and the newer connectivity board. The communication print/board doesn´t seem to support modbus over TCP (probably why it has seperate connectors for that), but the newer connectivity board does. Got myself a cheap converter because of this, but still have to install it.

Be aware that there is a difference between "Modbus TCP’ and “Serial modbus over ethernet”. There is some difference in the function codes.

The Mgate is a Modbus gateway, not just a tcp-to-485 converter.

Best regards,

Hello Tjar,

I’ve recently got myself an Ducobox Focus incl. Duco connectivity board.
Is your app compatible with this new connectivity board, it should support Modbus TCP.

I can’t get the app to work on my Ducobox.

Hi Bussel,

I hope so. Are you able to connect using a Modbus client like CAS modbus scanner? If so, then we can work from there.

Do you have more components (valves or room controlller) or only a box?

Best regards,

Hello Tjar,

I’ve just used CAS modus scanner, see picture.
I only have the box at the moment, I need to install 4 valves (I allready have them).

Regards,

Hi thanx, that’s helpfull.
Is there a regsiter you scan for? I notice you start at address 0 with a length of 9 on ID 1.
Can you read address 10? length 1, with function 4 on ID1?

Best regards,

This is the first time I’m using CAS modus scanner, So I’m not so familiar with this program.
How can I read address 10
EDIT: Do mean the following: