[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Hi Arie, works very well! My kudos!

JSON/text/string the quotes are important, good to know, would be nice to leave the quotes, but not so important. Please add this hint to the description of the app.

I find the dots to distinguish the zone levels a little bit irritating because the dots are part if the value too and visible in the field of the card. But also not so important.

THX a lot!

1 Like

Hi Arie, I got another idea :wink:

What about an optional field for the driver (example sonos: homey:app:com.sonos — cloud)? Maybe with extraction of the brand name in the browser list.

So, it would be possible to distinguish the device class with focus on the brand.

Until now, I get sonos and chromecast for example if I choose speaker as deviceclass.

1 Like

Great idea!
When i have time i’ll implement it.

And i also will implement DeviceType as optional, as for instance: Fibaro Wall Swith.

But, to do that, i just renamed the newly added DeviceType to DeviceClass, meaning: The 3 persons who have the current Test version installed and used the newly changed cards, the will need to reselect the DeviceClass.

1 Like

In Test: Device Capabilities / Apparaat mogelijkheden - Test Version | Homey

New: App [[app]] is started card (When).

1 Like

In Test: Device Capabilities / Apparaat mogelijkheden - Test Version | Homey

New: App [[app]] is running conditioncard (And).

Great App!

I am on v1.4.1 but can’t find this card:

How do I access that?

Thanks!

1 Like

You can only use those in Advanced Flows, since it retrieves the value as tokens.

That was the first hurdle, I can see it now!
Thanks for the swift response!

Still a little puzzled::

Do I need the IF card?
And, the THEN card has the ‘capability’ tag, but it does not show any tags, and if I paste the name myself (in this case “windowcoverings_state”)it remains empty.

1 Like

What are you trying to achive?
You can only recieve values for which there are insights available. Are there for the windowcovering_state for the Tk - Velux?

If it starts to rain, I want the Velux windows to close to 35 % (Regenstand) if it is open AND it is more open than 35%. After the rain, I want the Velux to return to the state it was prior to the rain.

I have made this work, via variabless. These store the state befor the rain starts, and restores this state after the rain. However, your App seems to be able to do this without the variables.

PS
I checked the Insights and no data is available for Velux.
Bummer…

I will stick to my current solution.

Thanks!

1 Like

I will adjust descriptions so it is more clear it reads data from insights.
Perhaps i can add the functionality for non-insights later on, if so, i’ll let you know.

1 Like

Maybe this app is what you need: Zone Memory App voor Homey | Homey

1 Like

Great! Will test that!

1 Like

Version 1.4.4 (in Test):

• Performance improvements.
  • Added better hints and descriptions.
  • Enum/DropDown capabilities are now setable through the Zet [text] capability Card.
  • Zet [deviceClass] Cards now also have optional Brand and DeviceType arguments for more specific selections.
  • All cards have (hopefully usefull) hints.
1 Like

Hey Joka,

See the update (in test currently): Your feature request is implemented.

proved and works well:

• Enum/DropDown capabilities are now setable through the Zet [text] capability Card.
  • Zet [deviceClass] Cards now also have optional Brand and DeviceType arguments for more specific selections.

If you want to help other users maybe the optional fields should named: e.g. “optional: Brand”

I thinks it is a really cool app now. Thanks a lot Arie!

1 Like

Update 1.4.5!

• Updated hints and description
  • bugfix: filtered capabilities correctly on optional brand and devicetype.

Update Version 1.5.0.

You can create a Virtual Device, puth how many fields you need in the settings of the device and then set the value through flowcards:

Create device

Set settings

Use a flowcard.

Capability is set:

1 Like

Love it, Arie
Longshot, but is it possible to pick a text value as ‘Status indicator’ for mobile app and homeydash-like tiles?
I know it can show “x Beaufort” for instance.

1 Like

Work in progress!

2 Likes