[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Hey, I would’nt expect a error from most on/off actions.
But some apps/devices do, mostly the ones running through an api of some kind.
And for those the Start and Wait for Error card, is very handy.

But what do you want to use it for?
To know if a light is turned on yet?

Ok, but no Z-Wave and Zigbee device connected directly to Homey. So I guess this is the “problem”.

Yes, as I mentioned it in this post.
Because Athom didn’t include the Flow card “Is on/Is not on” for the Fibaro Walli Switch.
But I was thinking to complicate and @Edwin_D has already shown me the solution.

Now I just wanted to try it out to see if it works, even if I don’t need it.

1 Like

You indeed need to use the solution offeren by @Edwin_D , and it would validatie what you would want (kind off)

Update (in review):
The Watch trigger (When card) now also includes tokens with the User and Client (App) which activated/changed the capability value.

So you can listen to capabilities changed and know by whom.

3 Likes

In Test: Apparaat mogelijkheden - Test| Homey

Now also a new actioncard, which retrieves the value from a capability from a device from [numberof] minutes ago (including the User and Client which changed the value).

Example: Retrieve the value from LivingRoom for Temperature from 30 minutes ago.

No more need to temporarily save your values in a variable every 10 minutes, and having that not work when running a flow manually.

2 Likes

Hi Arie, I’m not able to fill in the capability of a sonos speaker in the then card:

It’s on me or is this a bug?

Here are the capabilities of a sonos speaker:

1 Like

Hey Joka,

What capability are you not able to set?
Firstly, i have 3 Then cards: Text, Yes/No and Percentage (numbers from 0-1 or 0-100%).
And you can only set capabilities that are setable, speaker_album for instance is not setable.

Currently i dont have enums yet or numbers that are not percentags.

But what are you missing, maybe i can build it in if its possible.

I see, speaker_repeat is of type enum, that is the reason. Actually I thought it is possible to manipulate every kind of setable capability.

Thx for clarification.

1 Like

Not yet :wink:

Maybe an idea for an extra then card could be a card which has no browsers included for device.capability type value, so the users are responsable for the input.

device.capability type value zone subzone

The reason why I like your app is the speed of execution. Nearly instantaneously without any delay even for more lights in a room. And a little bit faster than with advanced flows.

1 Like

I’ll look into it. Hopefully i can make some time available this week.

But the card you are describing, what are the possible values voor type and value?

The main mass devices i want to use the app for currently are lights, blinds and speakers.

I think enum and number are the most (or only) missing types. String is equal to text, right?

It would be also cool if the devices could be filled in an extra filed like in the other cards.

THX

1 Like

Hey @Joka , gonna make some time in about a hour.
Do you mean one inputfield for devicetypes and a next field for capability, jist like the triggers card?

Because the triggers are per device, while the Zet Zone cards are per devicetypes.

Let me know how its the most usefull, and i’ll see what i can do.

And if you or anyone else has tips/advice for beter text, explanations or description, let me know!

Exactly I ment an extra inputfield for devicetypes and a next field for capability like this. Please consider the dot if possible:

field [devicetype] . field [capability]]

I would suggest to rename the field value in text in the then card if this card is for text only:

1 Like

Hey Joka,

Version 1.3.0 is in test: Device Capabilities | Homey
I added numbers and JSON, and i changed the capability into two fields (deviceclass and capability) for the ZetZone cards.

Also increased execution speed and search speed.
Cards that have no deviceclass set will be handled like old, meaning, old flows should keep working.

Also, when there is an EnumValues error, you will get the possible values in the error message.

Can you test and see if you need anything else?

JSON was not parsed correctly, fixed in TEST; 1.3.1

1 Like

Hi Arie, what is the notation/key of the JSON I have to fill in?

1 Like

Hey Joka,

(Update to version 1.3.2 for very much speed improvement in flow editor, reduced memory usage (26.7Mb->18.8MB) and bugfixed).

Can you share a flow what you mean?
Simply put, with the JSON you can set any value “directly”.
For a text/string, enter “example” (including the quote’s), for booleans (yes/no) enter true or false, number: 0.25.

For speaker_repeat for example, fill in “track” (including the double-quote’s).

I have updated some title’s and placeholders (also for the JSON) for beter descriptions and it is in test: 1.3.4.

1 Like