[Abandoned] deCONZ

Nothing is future proof?
But just connect a zigbee stick to HA,
install mqtt broker on either Homey or HA,
install mqtt hub, mqtt client and Home Assistant apps on Homey.

2 Likes

Thats true but something that is still being worked on is more future proof than a abandoned app.

So if I understand you correctly, it is nog enough to add a zigbee stick to HA, add the devices to HA. And then install the HA app in Homey?
Could you please explain why I need the MQTT apps on Homey?

How do you know it’s still being worked on?

I saw it was updated 3 months ago.
This app is working great, but the other reason is that I ordered some Aqara FP1 sensors and I (think) these are not supported by this app?

I think it was published 3 months ago as well.

Is it actually supported by deCONZ already? According to the blakadder site, only zigbee2mqtt supports it at the moment.

Yes it is supported by deconz. Updated 5 days ago. (Releases · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub )

The new home assistant app isn’t as stable as this deconz app. Also allot of devices you have to add with Mqtt otherwise it won’t work (like remotes or some power plugs).

I cannot confirm this. I deleted the deConz app because it is no longer being developed.
The Conbee2 is now connected directly to the Home Assistant. All devices registered with HA are transferred with the HA app (Community Store).

I was using the Home assistant app of the App Store. So that’s the difference.

It’s keep comming back, and it is always after a hikup on my network.
Hope that somebody is going to support is again soon…

In case someone is still using this, I updated Homey to 8.0.5 and this app still works.

My question is - if you did switch, what is your Zigbee solution now?

Back to direct to Homey (that was barely usable in my case)?

Home Assistant?

Appreciate your feedback.

I think this is your answer, Ruskie

With 8.0.6 it stopped working for me :frowning:

I’m on 8.0.6 (with Deconz 1.29.2) but it’s working fine here.

Often a restart after an update solves the weirdest issues

1 Like

Did that several times… ;-(

Just a quick note: I am using deconz for a couple of Tuya plugs for PCs, and they had reporting set to 1s. This caused Homey “Load Average” to exceed 2 when the PCs got used (=fluctuating load), leading to control delays sometimes.

I changed the reporting config in the DDF of the plugs for the measurement clusters to 5s, which lowered the Average Load on Homey to <1 and still provides near realtime power readings.

{
      "bind": "unicast",
      "src.ep": 1,
      "cl": "0x0B04",
      "report": [
        {
          "at": "0x0505",
          "dt": "0x21",
          "min": 10,
          "max": 500,
          "change": "0x00000001"
        },
        {
          "at": "0x0508",
          "dt": "0x21",
          "min": 5,
          "max": 300,
        },
        {
          "at": "0x050B",
          "dt": "0x29",
          "min": 5,
          "max": 300,
        }
      ]
    }```
1 Like

I changed everything to 1 sec too a while ago. Didn’t use the DDF to change this, could you explain a bit further in detail how exactly you did this?

And why did you change to 5 sec and nog 2 / 3 sec?

The DDF also contains reporting config that will be set on plugs that support reporting when starting deconz, for example (the “bindings” part):

And if it’s a polling-only plug these polling intervals are used:
“refresh.interval”: 300

In my case 5s is frequent enough while still keeping the load average on Homey low with PCs running on several plugs.

1 Like

Cool, thanks! If I place this in the correct folder, (data\devices) and I reboot deconz, it immediately pics this up? Can I check the live setting somewhere you know of? The polling is set to 300 secs, meaning 5 mins. That’s to high imho, but then; who uses polling only :wink: