[APP][Pro] Dashboards

Just in case it was not reported yet, when I “Edit Widgets” and then click on “Add”, the Settings of the previously added/edited Widget reappear.

Ex.: Here, i just clicked on “Add” and see the “Capability: Sensor 1 - Battery” added on the previous Widget

Click on the recycle bins on theses settings does nothing (only the recycle bin disappears)

If I click next, for example, a “Device”, this one is properly added in the “Preview” section, but I still see the previous Settings:

Only when selecting the “Device not configured” in the “Preview” section, the previous settings disappear. So, configuring a new Widget is not a problem. It’s only a bit confusing (as this was my first Dashboard :slight_smile: )

Apart this small glitch, this App is Great !!! I will try to redo my ‘OpenHab’ Dashboard :smiley:

Hello @Patrick_Freitag

Would you mind to explain who you did the weather forecast view in your dashboard ? is it an iFrame or a custom build ?

That old stuff is here also.

Now I go click direct “Device not configured” for the new one. The old one go’s then away.

A few day ago I could not get my 2 virtuele dashboard on line.
This because I used direct links to all.
My non virtuele dashboard was OK and I found that the IP-adressen of the 2 virtuele dashboard where changed.

Because of my direct links to them, I noted now that on 1 virtuele dashboard editing’s are not saved.
An F5 is losing new or edit stuff and I have to do that often. To restart dashboard if it’s hanging.

Still I can’t copy my non virtuele dashboard to an empty virtuele one.
Maybe now better that way.

Good morning,

I am completely new to Homey and not an IT expert so sorry for asking such simple questions, please help.

I want to create a dashboard to be used by family - I have created the “dashboard” device on my Homey (HP23) and now trying to get further - no clue how to create dashboard that other users can access and add devices/flows/etc into it…

Again - sorry to bother you experts with such a simple stuff but I do struggle… :slightly_frowning_face:

Thannks

J.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this app. Best dashboard I have come across so far for my Homey! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the kind words! @theBart

As Athom has announced, they are in the process of releasing a native dashboard for Homey. They say it will be epic! But I have my expectations on what they will actually deliver. So I’m working on my own “epic” version! I can guarantee something quite different from whatever Athom will present :wink:

I really want to showcase a demonstration already, but I also don’t want to give Athom too much inspiration before they actually launch their first version :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

@skogsaas oh, did they really announce something? could not find anything. any source link?

but the truth is: I’m more excited about your new version - as I’m already very happy with the current one.

and my biggest fear: if Athom announced something, it might come end of the year :wink: do we really have to wait sooo long for your showcase?

2 Likes

Great response @Peter_Kawa! :raised_hands:

Sounds like I can start to prepare a demo as well :sunglasses:

Then I’ll just not wait for Athom :joy:

4 Likes

Thanx bro!

I, and I think many others, hope you don’t have that ultra level of patience :sweat_smile:

With the AMA of
Athom already revealed to be “open for the idea”, after reading the question of @Henk_Renting , and they asked everyone to send in their drawings, because there is no ‘standard’ dash liked by everyone. So imho it’ll take another 2 years, maybe they introduce it with a new Pro, and unlock it for €10 for older pr… nah they won’t do that, do they? :grimacing::woozy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I have deleted my previous post as you can see, after setting dashboard device on my HP23 I just needed to wait a while before it has appeared in the web app… So this part is done… :slight_smile:

I just wanted to ask you to direct me to the way I can share the created dashboard with other users (family) that use a phone for example (iPhone in this case)…

Many thanks for your kind help (I am not an expert :pray: :pray:)

J.

Dude! You are like an encyclopedia that remembers all posts and announcements from Athom. I’m impressed! :laughing:

The simplest solution would be to just go to the url: https://homeyboard.github.io. It contains the same source code as the one bundled with the Homey app. Though, if you have more specific needs, like local network access only. Then you have to access the dashboard through the links found on the app settings page for the Dashboards app you installed on your Homey.

Thanks Markus. I thought there might be another way… Will give it a try as soon as I build something useful…

@Peter_Kawa: thanks for the “weather nerds” idea, it worked for me too with the weathermap…

Have a great day.

J.

1 Like

Hi @skogsaas
Thanks for a great app. Im currently setting up a main dashboard for my home.
Is it possible that you could add a way to start moods the same way as flows?

I’ll look into it!
At first sight I cannot see it as a part of the API documentation. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible :wink:

2 Likes

When will you release the stable version then?

Hello, i have been experimenting with this dashboard and i have been liking it but i cant seem to get the same results other people get with their sensors and devices my devices are empty

somebody know what im doing wrong?

Thanks.!

Just figured it out :smiley:

Can you share the cause and solution?