[APP][Pro] Dashboards

I added a virtual cam with the buienradar, but I can’t get it to display (my cam has no capability). How does that work?
edit: found it; add a image widget

@skogsaas what a great solution you have created! I added a issue to have the ability to switch the timewindow for all insights on a dashboard at once.

And are you planning to be able to add logicvariables to the dashboards (didn’t see it on github?), preferrably from Logic and Better Logic?

1 Like

Hi Peter I used your first link. Is it correct I see the forecast for a half an hour? Or do I something wrong?

It’s on the roadmap. In the Homey app its called Logics, but underneath the hood, it’s called variables. https://github.com/skogsaas/homey.dashboards/issues/52

It’s been mentioned before, but I’ve apparently made no task for it :thinking:

1 Like

Great! How does the refreshing work? It sometimes refreshes automatically but sometimes it doesn’t seem to refresh (then I switch dashboard-“pages” to force a refresh). Does it only refresh when the webpage has “focus”?

By trying to get Buienradar map in my Dashboard, what I have to still search further for, I found an other problem. :disappointed_relieved:

On one card I saw still the old icon and I found that strange.
Now I can change it again, but after the two times savings, the old icon returns when I press F5.

EDIT
Dashboard has gone.

Yep,

Veeeeery disappointed you didn’t add this to your backlog…… :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is it only me ? Given Dashboard is not loading with this error… also it’s not possible then to click on menu…

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: v3.series is undefined

There’s 33 open issues at the moment, and I’m not working on any of them :laughing:
I’m working on something that’s not even on the board :sweat_smile:

I’m always adding migrations from previous version to the current version. But if you don’t actually keep up and edit+save your dashboards between my changes, you might get issues. So, this is most probably me not being smart enough to run through all migrations :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ou, I was happy with it already, so I was OKay :wink: …does it mean it’s gone already ?

Hi Marcel. I know how to change the icons, but how did you get it to be so large in contrast to the card/text?!

No, it just means that I have to fix stuff.

The way it works is that the settings for each widget is versioned, and when the settings is read, it checks if it’s the latest version. Lets say that the latest version of the capability widget is v4, but your dashboard was saved on v2. The code will then try to migrate from v2 to the next version which is v3, not v4. But after this, it doesn’t try to migrate again to v4 :sweat_smile:

I’m guessing this is a flow, which has larger buttons :wink:

1 Like

I see. No wonder I have not seen that on my dashboards before, as I only have advanced flows that do not have any start. I solely use (virtual) devices or trigger from other flows.

1 Like

Hi Ria,

To test, you can open the link in a browser

It looks like it forecasts one hour, but only refreshes each hour?
Peek 2023-10-05 15-33

I can’t edit it in any way, it should be the same as your map?

1 Like

At the moment I am unable to get a “Buienradar” picture on my dashboard.
I have already encountered many obstacles with Device Capabilities.
Unfortunately, I have no idea if they all were.
Is there a detailed explanation somewhere?

YTTL

Just use Homey virtual cam at first:
Peek 2023-10-05 19-09

The URL which is pasted, is the buienradar URL posted earlier here.

With Device Capabilities it is slightly more work.

And you found a ‘bug’, @Theo_de_Koning whilst the AVD doesn’t take the ....BuienradarGadget.xml URL!

It works fine with the weerslag URL
https://weerdata.weerslag.nl/image/1.0/?size=ani-forecast-550x550&type=Freecontent

Peek 2023-10-05 19-18

3 Likes

With the Homey cam I have one now.

Now I see the one with I had the problems.
Try it with the new URL

Thanks

@Peter_Kawa

By your 2nd video I found out that the ( ) had to be removed.

:+1:

1 Like

Owwww my bad, I will change it. I don’t know better a URL only starts with htt… and never ends with a ) Did not realise it’s not common knowledge :grimacing:

How about a (kitchen) timer, with settable duration:
Peek 2023-10-08 01-51

Screenshot from 2023-10-08 01-52-44

Inspired by @Dietrich_Kassner for his questions about setting timers with a slider :wink:

This super dash is becoming more and more fun!

It was imho not quite easy possible without the neat Device Capabilities and Chronograph apps.
Here’s the device and howto behind it:

4 Likes

I love to see that you use this to combine different components to create something new! My goal is that I create the basic building blocks, and you create functionality, and this is just spot on! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Yeah thanks for making it possible, Marcus.My first thought when I got it working was: this has to work nice with The Dash as well :star_struck:

1 Like