[APP][Pro] Balboa

Seems like the issue is in your spa which doesn’t have a connection to the internet

But I cant load the app in Homey either

That would make sense as your SPA is not available.

when trying to connect to Balboa

So you are sayng the paring process doesnt start?

Can you try via the webapp?

Hi Martijn,
it is not using the controlmyspa app but using the logon option from aliexpress and an own app. I contacted them already to get more info but like a lot of chinese stuff that is created one time no response whatsover. Lets see if stuf is http instead of https so we can go on from there.
All spa’s from fonteyn (passion spa’s) are now over to this control box as of 2022.

Hey @Robbie_van_moerkerk,
If it’s not the same as the controlmyspa app then this app cannot be used with it. that would require a completely different Homey app.

New app update (live: 1.5.1):

1. NEW: add condition flowcards
2. FIX: temperature ranges

new Flowcards:

Online status is (true|false) .
Heater is in (ready|rest) mode.
Pump (1|2|3) is (on|off) .
Blower (1|2|3) is (on|off) .
Light is (on|off) .

Hi, I’m using the Spa Control - BWA app to control my Balboa Spa. ‎Spa Control - BWA on the App Store
How can I connect my spa to Homey?

Hey @Stian_Vaag
I think that’s different from the controlmyspa integration.

Can you check if this works for you?

@Stian_Vaag Just did a check

The BWA app uses a different module and integration than the ControlMySpa integration.

As it is not part of this app I would suggest to create a app request in: Homey Pro Community App Requests

This app is specifically for the ControlyMySpa integration and there’s no plan to implement any other SPA’s in this app than ControlyMySpa

1 Like

Thank you😊

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

Tody after months it was installed and delivered. The module is this one:

The device name on the network starts with network name: ESP_553C92 and mac adres 8c:aa:b5:55:3c:92.

I have a heater on wifi from Eurom with the same range mac adresses and looking in the eurom and joyoway app it seems from the same vender as a lot of iot device are from with Ali authentication service on it. seems like it is from TUYA iot but not shure yet. Seems to work the same as balboa, ap to connect, configure own wifi on 2.4 only, connect and management by lan or true cloud.
Will try to get some wireshark going on to see all data handled.

New app update (live: 1.5.2):

1. FIX: app crashes due to Homey 7.4.1

@Robbie_van_moerkerk If it uses the ControlMySpa app it can be used with this integration. Otherwise you probably have to request a app here: Homey Pro Community App Requests

I have a Balboa controlled spa (Norwegian VikingSpa Royale II). I can buy the wifi module separately, however there seems to be two options: 1) The «old» 50350 wifi receiver, and 2) the «new» 59303 Ultra gateway. The first is priced about $250 and the latter about $500.

Two questions:

1. Is this app compatible with both modules?
  2. I wish to be able to reduce energy consumption, typically by completely turning off power during energy peak hours and moving the filtration work to the hours of the day with lowest prices. Is that possible?

Hey @Gullars

Not sure about the 2 options. If they work with the ControlMySpa app then you’ll be able to control it via this Homey app. Make sure it’s not the Spa Control - BWA app

Turning off the system completely is not possible but you can set temperature modes to low and set the temp to a low value. Then it will consume less power.

Hope this answers your question :smiley:

Thanks for quick reply. Will check if the cheaper version works with the CMS app.

1 Like

Can you make the light card on when card? (Als kaartje)