[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

v3.0.8 - 2021-xx-xx

• Added support for Shelly Motion Sensor although it needs to be paired manually for now
  • Fixed an issue with manual pairing of all devices

For more information on installing version 3.x see [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

1 Like

Awesome, now I can add it manually!

Now I just need to get mDNS working with iptables on my router, it would be awesome to get discovery working as well.

Hi again, do you know if it could be possible to use hostname instead when adding a device?

I use dnsmasq as both dhcp and dns, and it gives my devices a automatic hostname, for example shellyplug-s-B4DBB6.lan, that I can resolve on all vlans.

I tried and I can test successful and connect the device but then it is immediately unreachable with the following error message: “request to http://shellyplug-s-B4DBB6.lan/status failed, reason: undefined”

I rebooted and did a diagnostic: 13c50223-ca4a-40c8-bae2-bbe706f5829a

Does accessing the URL from the error message returns the expected JSON output from the device? The error log below does not indicated much more that it fails with an undefined error. It looks like Homey (or more specific the node-fetch package is unable to resolve the address).

Note: this log has been manually submitted by a user.
Log ID: 13c50223-ca4a-40c8-bae2-bbe706f5829a

User Message:
Added device with hostname

---- stdout ----
2021-02-03 16:17:15 [log] [ShellyApp] Initializing Shelly App ...
2021-02-03 16:22:44 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [shelly-plug-s] [0] FetchError: request to http://shellyplug-s-b4dbb6.lan/status failed, reason: undefined
    at ClientRequest. (/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1461:11)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at Socket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:426:9)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:92:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:60:3)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21) {
  message: 'request to http://shellyplug-s-b4dbb6.lan/status failed, reason: undefined',
  type: 'system',
  errno: undefined,
  code: undefined
}

---- stderr ----

v3.0.9 - 2021-xx-xx

• Added a condition flowcard for checking if there is a new firmware available
  • Aded a action flowcard for updating the firmware

For more information on installing version 3.x see [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

1 Like

v3.0.10 - 2021-xx-xx

• Added trigger flowcard for when an overpowered event takes places for the devices Plug, Plug-s, 1PM/L, 2, 25, Dimmer, 3EM, EM, RGBW2Color and RGBW2White

For more information on installing version 3.x see [APP] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

1 Like

Love the FW additions, have some additional requests though, can you make a flow card with update all firmware too? That’s what I usually do when the Shelly iOS app has a new fw. Just update all at the same time.

Where can I find the condition card, is that a card added to the ‘and’ section? How I see it, and correct me if you don’t agree, is I want a set time; let’s say 05.00 am. Then check for a new fw, send a message which devices have the new FW and which version number and after that update them.

1 Like

hi,

updating all devices in the same time would be a nice feature.

best regards

philipp

It looks correct from a web browser. But I tried removing the device and add it again but now It won’t add at all, so maybe I was just lucky the first time. I’ll go with IP adress, no big deal as long as they are reserved in the dhcp.

This is a completely different approach as the device condition and action card that have now been added. Please submit a feature request on Github and I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I’m not getting any readings from my H&T. It adds ok and then goes offline after about 4 m. Then it goes online every hour or if a reading changes by 1C or 5%H. But my device in Homey has no reading at all. Have restarted the app with the H&T online and added it again a few times but no difference. Am I missing something?

Is there an option to enable CoAP protocol in the web interface of your Shelly HT? If so, have you enabled it?

Not that I can see. There is MQTT and the option to send http get updates when T/H changes…

If you know how to run the app from the command line with the command homey app run ([HOW TO] CLI install method) you could run the app and see if it detected on the network as CoAP device. And if it is detected, why it’s not updating the status in Homey.

The first generation battery powered Shelly device are quite flaky though.

Do we know when Homey will update Shelly so we can add Shelly 1L?

Assuming you mean “when Athom will update Homey”: nobody knows (some people are expecting the new firmware “any time now”, but AFAIK that’s based more on hope than anything else).

Thanks @Phuturist for implementing overpowered funtion !!!

I Need Support!
Habe some Shelly Plug s Which Worked without any problem. Sinne yesterday Homey is showing one Plug s as unavailable.
I can See the Plug in the Shelly App, in Browser, but Homey does not.
I deleted the device and tried to add it again, homey shows me that he found the ip, but then can’t connect.
I restarted all, homey, the plug, WiFi. No success
All other plugs are still connected.
Does anyone has an idea

Reboot Homey and try again. Looking at the error it’s Homey network stack being flaky again.

Unfortunately no success.
Reboot did not help. Any other idea?