[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

It tries to access it on port 80, in your browser the IP has an exclamation mark in front of it, doesn’t that mean it is accessing it on port 443 but without a valid cert? Try and hard type the url http://192.168.0.72 and see what happens? If that doesn’t help, i would agree; it is very strange.

More likely it means it’s not a secure connection (so HTTP instead of HTTPS).

yes, that could be it too :wink: well, then it doesn’t make sense. Why, besides the flaky stack, can’t homey reach the plug. Maybe give it a different IP address and remove it from homey and readd on new IP.

it was http and worked.
at the end i removed the plug from homey as well as from shelly cloud and started from scratch.
now homey was able to include (even with the old IP, as my fritzbox assigned the same ip).
very strange

1 Like

I need some help. Today I received the new Shelly Duo RGBW light bulb and added it to the Shelly Cloud app and then to Homey. The lamp works pretty well and the colors look nice.

In the Shelly Cloud app you can choose between the RGB colors or the White colors. This option is also available in the Shelly app on the Homey only here you cannot toggle between RGW and White. The bulb will hold the last choice from the Shelly Cloud app. For example, if the RGB colors are selected you can choose all colors but not switch to the White colors. Do more people have this problem?

Since V5 was released last night I updated, and also updated to V3 of the Shelly app. I was hoping to find support for Shelly 2.5 actions, but I can’t select them in the list (of the Shelly Card). Are they planned? I was hoping to get them with the update to use my screens with the detached option.

" * Added action flowcard for the Shelly 2(.5) Roller Shutter allowing you to change the roller shutter back to a previously saved state"
I’m assuming this is not the same as action events? (Like now available for Shelly RGBW2)

" * Improved the way the triggercard for “Action event” works. It now uses CoAP for communication as well, this means this release will remove all HTTP callbacks from the Shelly devices if Homey detects a Shelly device that is using them."
My Shelly’s still have the callbacks set and enabled. What should trigger this? Tried rebooting and switching them on/off

Which actions where you hoping to find that are not already supported in some way?

button 1 shortpress etc
When I add a Shelly Action Event card to a flow and press Select your Shelly both my Shelly 2.5 are not available. I see Shelly dimmer 2, dimmer, 1PM, RGWB but not the 2.5. They do have short/long button 1 and 2 actions in the Shelly UI
Also 2 Shelly bulbs (Vintage and BuldDuo) are not there (but that’s not a problem for me)

Shelly bulbs (vintage and DUO) and Shelly 2.5 in rollershutter mode dont have action events and therefor dont show up in the trigger card. Shelly 2.5 in relay mode has longpush and shortpush action events and should show in trigger card. As what type do you have the Shelly 2.5 paired?

I have just installed a number of shelly 1, 2.5 and dimmer2. All could be added to homey except the two dimmer 2.5. Tried a few different firmwares, but no difference. I get “unknown error” when trying to add manually. Automatic discovery doesn’t work since I am using a separate vlan.

It’s a bug, I’ll fix it in a next release.

1 Like

Rollershutter. There are actions in the Shelly web UI however
ROLLER OPEN URL
ROLLER CLOSE URL
ROLLER STOP URL

I thought I also had button1/2 short/longpush earlier, but maybe it was an older firmware (currently 1.9.4) or I was dreaming. A.t.m. only the above 3.

Some things start working: on most dimmers (2) the second button now throw short/long push, on some the first button also does it. On some the first button doens’t fire anything.

I have a simple testflow (WHEN any shelly, any action THEN send pushmessage)

Is it just a matter of waiting for all Shellys to update slowly , do I need te reset something? I also see on some Shelly’s that indeed the URLs have been cleared like described in the OP, seems to be a slow(er) process.

Other problem: I have a Shelly RGWB2. When I make a flow (not using actions)
WHEN RGWB2 turned off THEN send pushmsg
nothing happens.
edit: After trying a few times this also works now

These are implemented with the windowcoverings_state capability. You dont need to use action events but can use the trigger cards for this capability.

No, once it detects the use of a action event URL it will remove the URL’s for that device. Devices that dont update often will there for take longer to clear.

1 Like

Okay, so using all switches should update the action events

Regarding the Shelly 2.5: I would like to use the roller shutters in detached mode: I use one physical button to switch 2x Shelly 2.5 connected to a screen each. But in the winter I would only like to have screen 1 respond, and the rest of the year both screen 1 and 2
When I use them both detached I could use the actions to first determine the time of year and then close screen 1 and/or 2.
Don’t see this possible with trigger cards: the screens will move before Homey can determine the rules.

edit: I suppose I could set screen 2 in detached mode and have it respond to screen 1 after some rule

update; this works when I switch the RGWB2 off using Homey app. When I use the physical button it doensn’t trigger “RGWB2 turned off”.
For another RGWB2 this does work.

The only difference is that the first is on firmware v1.8.0 (with no updatemessage), tried updating with a zip but that seems to fail

(I should mention that this RGWB2 is on another Unify vlan and different Wifi network - just for testing vlan - , but I suppose that would not make a difference since Homey can control it?)

Seems like the cause. Controlling it uses the HTTP REST while status updates go over CoAP and require a broadcast listener which might be blocked when using a seperate VLAN.

1 Like

I put it on my normal LAN/Wifi for now (Vlan was a test), now the physical “turn off” also triggers the flow

Seems to be stuck some other way though, since I can’t seem to get it to update from v1.8.0, and it keeps switch between the Vlan IP and normal LAN IP in Unify Controller…but that’s not your problem

This app looks great. Shelly has some amazing products. Just a check. Are the gu10 spots supported? I see the motion sensor is already :o

Haven’t tested it but pretty sure you can add them as Shelly Duo device.

1 Like

I tested quite a bit more with the Shelly Duo RGBW but I can’t get it to switch from RGB to White in the Shelly Homey app. Is this maybe a bug?

FYI: I am using the 3rd party app Shelly Home to initially configure the devices and add them to my network. The app has the same problem. After configuration all devices are added to it except the dimmer2’s.