[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Correct, the DW sensor does not report humidity only the visible values in the screenprint.

1 Like

Humm ok. Thank you very much! :ok_hand:

I have a door opener, like a buzzer. Can I use shelly 1 to make it “smart” and operate it both via phone and physical switch?

I know have two out of three shelly 1pm’s that have short circuited on 10A anyone else have this problem?

Itis connected to my heatpump that will continouesly draw 10A+ out of the net,maybe an hour or so and then it will go into standby. At one Shelly there is burn marks so I’m a bit sceptic to use this in my house

Depends on where exactly the burn marks are. If you can see the burn marks, it might also be undersized wiring that’s heating up and melting the insulation.

Add an extra din rail relay for 16A or 25A which is switched by the Shelly. A 10A relay is not enough when device is 10A, you need to take care of peak current during start of a device, other wise your relay contacts are burned to each other.

That kind of relay only cost € 10,-

The Shelly 1PM is rated to handle 16A, and since it’s a closed device you won’t be able to see any burn marks on the relay. Hence my suspicion that it may be faulty wiring. But I guess we need to know where exactly those burn marks are located.

I’ve come to the conclusion that my Shelly dimmer 2 goes into some freeze state when I press the connected button to fire action “shortpress” too fast (f.e. 2 or 3 times).
I think that when I press it with an interval of 0,5sec it’s fine, but faster - estimate maybe <0.3sec - and after that no action is send anymore.
Problem is in the Shelly (since sending the URL through a browser still runs the flow on Homey)
After that I need to restart the Shelly.

Is this behaviour known? Would like to know more about it (although it might be more a “shelly” problem, not “shelly app”)

New to me. Question is if the Shelly also calls other action URLs at the same time (like three times a single press as well) and perhaps cant handle all these requests. Can you see other action events being triggered as well?

But does indeed seem to be something on the Shelly side on not within my app, so probably cant do much about it.

It’s not an app issue, since sending the same URL through browser still works…

As far as I know (but should check) I only have S2shortpress and S2longpress active as actions, so pressing short 3 times should only send “S2shortpress” 3 times and no other URLs.

edit: BTW, I have a testflow which reports what actions is send: it reports only shortpress, and reports it 3 times as long as I don’t press it too quickly (say >0,5sec between presses)

I am not able to add my new Shelly relay 2.5 to homey. They work properly via the Shelly app or web interface.

Automatic search is not working and adding them manually results in an error that the detected Shelly is different from the selected one.

Status reports:
{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“BASI_EXT”,“ip”:“192.168.111.158”,“rssi”:-60},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“08:21”,“unixtime”:1601194877,“serial”:596,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“68C63AF8F8F7”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:5,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“relays”:[{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true,“source”:“http”},{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true,“source”:“input”}],“meters”:[{“power”:0.00,“overpower”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1601194877,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:48},{“power”:0.00,“overpower”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1601194877,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0}],“inputs”:[{“input”:1,“event”:"",“event_cnt”:0},{“input”:0,“event”:"",“event_cnt”:0}],“temperature”:49.59,“overtemperature”:false,“tmp”:{“tC”:49.59,“tF”:121.27, “is_valid”:true},“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20200827-065456/v1.8.3@4a8bc427”,“old_version”:“20200827-065456/v1.8.3@4a8bc427”},“ram_total”:49504,“ram_free”:35488,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:146584,“voltage”:226.33,“uptime”:35224}

Shelly report:
{“type”:“SHSW-25”,“mac”:“68C63AF8F762”,“auth”:false,“fw”:“20200827-065456/v1.8.3@4a8bc427”,“longid”:1,“num_outputs”:2, “num_meters”:2, “num_rollers”:1}

Are you sure you select Shelly 2.5 relay and not Shelly 2 relay from the list? I made that mistake last time.

I tried both…

“num_rollers”:1

Is your shelly placed in roller mode?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Initially I have set it to shutter mode, but I changed them to relay mode. I also think this report seems confusion, therefore I also tried the Shelly 2.5 shutter device in homey. Also not working.

I managed to get both Shelly 2.5 relays available in homey. I removed the access point in between. Connected the Shelly to the main WiFi, gave them a fixed IP, added them to homey, put the AP again in between (different ssid), changed wifi setting of relays, and now they are working.

Anybody a clue what is happening ? Why can’t I add the devices to homey using the AP, while I am able to.control them via the web server and android app.

I have a similar issue. I can add the Shelly 2.5 device from a list, the IP pops up. After adding the device both relays appears among the devices. However they don’t react when taping on them. They work via chrome but not via Homey.

Also is there any way I could use two different icons for each channels of the relay?

Are you sure the device is in relay mode?

No, not at the moment. Feel free to add a feature request to Github but I have more important changes to work on right now.

I believe my issue (not able to add Shelly devices via an AP) comes by homey itself, maybe it is an intended security feature.

I noticed that when my phone is on a different access point, homey doesn’t see my phone IP anymore ( smart presence app ).

My configuration is: homey main router secundairy router configured as AP <wifi;different ssid> phone. The main router issues the IP’s, and my phone has a fixed IP adress.

So, my initial assumption/conclusion this is not caused by this app.
Thumbs up , thanks! @Phuturist