[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

@Phuturist Long story short, I found someone with a 1L who was not having this issue. Surprise surprise, they were still on older firmware. So you were 100% right: A downgrade to firmware 20220209-092839/v1.11.8-g8c7bb8d fixed this issue for both my shelly 1L’s. So it’s a Shelly 1L 20221027-091704/v1.12.1-ga9117d3 firmware issue like you said. Hopefully this message helps someone with the same problem. In the mean time I’m opening a ticket with Shelly support so they can fix it. Thanks again for all your help!!!

1 Like

I’ve an issue with the “Action Events” for the Shelly i4 DC. I’m not able to trigger any of the action events, doesn’t matter if single push, double push or long push. A normal “button on” flow does work as expected. Should I see the action events in the device log? Or how can I troubleshoot the issue :-)?

Did you try changing the device or channel type from switch to button of visa versa?

No I did not, but you were 100% correct, switching from “switch” to “button” was the clue. It does work now. I’ve seen the option when I was installing the i4 but I didn’t get the difference between them. Afterwards it’s always clear ;-). Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your work!

Hi,

If this has been solved before, please point me in the right direction.

Shelly has once turned the output off (slått av) by itself, when it should have been on.
The state of it was on and should have been on until my flow set’s it to off.

This could be a problem for me and I need to understand why this happened.

You can see the rest of the time it is acting as it should and does what the flow says.

Tried searching but could not get a clear answer.
Looking to buy Shelly plug S to keep track of consumed energy. Can anyone please confirm if the Shelly plug S reports power usage accurate to homey. Preferably with usage of KWH per day?

It does

Thanks for your reply.

Hi! I just got a few Shelly TRVs, and installed them successfully in Homey Pro. But I have noticed that the temperature set by Homey is not always properly set on the TRVs. Any idea what it could be? I have also noticed that the TRVs are not always very reactive through the web interface or the REST API interface

The device sleeps a lot to save battery and is therefor less responsive but that should not affect it’s functionality. If you this happens to you it sounds like the device might be out of range of your WiFi. Did you check the connection quality (RSSI)?

RSSI levels are good (between -55 and -70 dBm). And if I use the Shelly mobile app, it works fine. Where it seems to fail is setting the desired temperature. I see the event on Homey, but it’s not properly set on the Shelly TRVs (most of the times). Which protocol is being used to command the TRVs? And is it possible to see if there is any error reported?

It’s just plain HTTP REST API. Feel free to send a diagnostic report from the app settings after the setpoint command failed.

Since a few days all of my Shelly Pro 4PM devices stopped working in homey (beta/bridge). No updates on power/energy use or anything else for that matter. In the native shelly app all works fine. Updated firmware, reinstalled shelly homey app twice. Didn’t help.
Anyone any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!

Energy readout from Shelly devices is inconsistent. I use Shelly with PBTH. It has a function that accepts that units that are reset to 0 kWh.

For one reason or another, either by upgrading the Shelly app, or resetting Homey. Or in some other cases, the energy reading from Shelly is either smaller than the previous one, or it is not exactly 0. This means that I have had to create a separate FLOW for each Shelly device to correctly read the energy meter.

Shelly units are the only ones that have this problem. All other Z-Wave devices have persistant energy stored in NVRAM. I don’t have any other deviced that resets it self to zero.
This picture compares with and without the flows.

This two flow helps me with the problem for now. But it’s a lot of flow for every shelly devices.

I think this problem is only with devices that resets them self to zero. But for some reasion manage to add 0,01, 0,02kWh hours in the app, before reporting it to homey or shelly app. Or there is an delay in the readout from Homey. Other devices that have NVRAM for Power meter works without any problem.

Is there anything that can be added inside the Shelly app to help us ?

Cloud is still enabled on the devices and there is no firewall blocking it’s traffic? And have you tried re-pairing from the device settings?

You can complain to Allterco Robotics about some first gen Shellies not saving their energy usage during a power cycle. That’s out of my hands. About the non-zero value after a power cycle. The first update send from a Shelly to Homey after a power cycle probably isnt 0 as the device has registered some energy usage during start up already and the REST API and CoAP protocals used for communicating with Homey are later in the boot process. Nothing really viable can be done about this, at least not something I’m willing to implement in the app. It’s also been requested that the app should create some logic to save the energy value to prevent loss of data (see Github) but there are down sides to that as well next to the fact it would be rather complex and I try to avoid to much extra logic in the app.

RGBW2, Homey Cloud: Colour and dimming do not work. When colours or dim level are adjusted in the Homey app, web UI or Homey Developer Tools, there is no effect on the RGBW2 device - it keeps the original colour/dim level. It works as expected through the native Shelly IOS app and other third-party home automation software (e.g. Alexa, Home Assistant etc), so there doesn’t seem to be an issue with Shelly cloud, the device or its connectivity. I couldn’t find anywhere to gather further diagnostic information, however let me know if there is anything that would help.

Hi! You can check this report 7cc6ec66-0f7b-4303-8bb6-6714a3954b51… I hope it helps

Hi.

Thank you for your repley.
Just a little addon, it’s the second gen Shellies how gives me the most trouble, not the first gen.

I am using Cloud/Bridge and have a few Shelly Plug S. I am new to Homey and Shelly so do not have many devices. Prior to the latest Shelly App update, all has been fine. Now I am all up to date and can still control the Shelly devices manually through Homey and using my few flows, BUT, the Power and Energy values are not updating. I have static IP addresses etc. have rebooted Homey, and re-installed the devices even, but still the same result. Devices are working, I can see when on or off, but no energy value updates.

Any idea as to what this could be?

I’ll test this myself when I have time but because it’s not working for you does not necessarily mean it doesn’t work. I’ll let you know.

As responded through email, it’s an authorization issue.

Can’t believe they did not fix this on the gen 2 devices and it still gets reset on a power cycle. Doesn’t change anything related to the Homey integration though.

No, I’ll test this when I have some time to make sure it’s not an issue with the app but I don’t think anything related to cloud had changed recently. And if it would indeed not work at the app level I would expect more feedback on this. I’ll let you know.