[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi!

I’m a Cloud user with Homey Bridge. Since the last update, My Shelly UNI won’t update inputs in Homey. It worked fine before the last update. In the Shelly Cloud app, it works, but in Homey it wont update. When I run the “repair” from Homey, it update the inputs to correct values, but wont change untill a new “repair” is run. The outputs work as normal.
Tried rebooting and repairing without result.

Any tips?

This is a bug which I’ll fix with the next release.

Cloud devices not updating is due to some external change in possibly the Shelly Cloud API or Homey bridge firmware. I’m not sure but some code that hasnt been touched by me is not working anymore. I will implemented a fix in the next release.

This is due to Homey Cloud disliking an accidental space in the driver name. I cant remove the space as it will break all already paired devices with the new generic driver. So either Athom has to make sure Homey Cloud can handle spaces in driver name or come up with a solution on how I can rename the driver and update the paired devices to use this new driver name. For now no solution.

1 Like

I’m using homey beta, but homey don’t konw when I turn on the light from the switch in the wall, in the app remain off.

Why I’m not able to see update of the state?
And I have seen the Watt are always 0 also when the device is on.

Thanks

See the post above yours.

1 Like

Hi @Phuturist ,

I am a user with the Shelly app crashing ramdonly. Based on your comments let me add the insights information here below. Just to say yesterday when I went to sleep everithing was correctly. This morning the app is crashed again. I am going to share with you the last 24h of CPU and Memory and the last 7 days.

My list of devices are:
9 Shelly 2.5
3 Shelly 1 PM
7 Shelly RGBW2
1 Shelly i3

Many thanks for your help. It’s very anoing this issue

Best Regards,
M

Thanx, I’m afraid I lack the skills to get rid of this memory leak though. Is this on Homey Pro or Homey Cloud?

It’s Homey Pro

Are you using authentication on any of these Shellies?

No, not at all. All of them have standard configuration

v3.14.0 - 2022-11-23 - TEST

• IMPORTANT: the current generic cloud driver for cloud connected devices is deprecated and replaced by a new generic cloud driver. There is an issue with the current generic cloud driver resulting in custom trigger cards not being available for devices paired with this driver. Unfortunately there is no way to resolve this programmatically. You are asked to re-pair your cloud connected devices on Homey Cloud. The deprecated driver will be removed early next year resulting in devices connected with this driver to fail.

Hello @Mari_VW,

I also have this issue. For now I fixed it with this flow. Not the prettiest option but it works for now. Since making this flow I haven’t had any problems with my Shelly devices.

Hope this helps!
Daan201

Hi @Daan201 ,

Many thanks for this workaround. I was thinking to implement something like that.

Nevertheless, I was doing some validation in all my shelly devices. I figured out one of them has having issues with connectivity. It was something weird… In one hand the device is continuisly desconected from Offical Shelly app (in the app I can see device disconected and trying to connect) but in the other hand worked correctly in Homey (you know what I mean?). Casually, it’s the more far away device with really poor wifi connection. I tried to enhance the connectity and right now it seems it works correctly. From last Sunday morning I do not have more shelly app shutdows.

It’s possible the problem comes from that reasson. At least it’s one option.

I’ll come back with more info once I have it.

regards,
M

v3.14.0 - 2022-11-29

IMPORTANT: the current generic cloud driver for cloud connected devices is deprecated and replaced by a new generic cloud driver. There is an issue with the current generic cloud driver resulting in custom trigger cards not being available for devices paired with this driver. Unfortunately there is no way to resolve this programmatically. You are asked to re-pair your cloud connected devices on Homey Cloud. The deprecated driver will be removed early next year resulting in devices connected with this driver to fail.

1 Like

Hi all…

everything is working well without crashing!

BR,
M

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I have a HOMEY PRO and I can’t connect SHELLY MOTION 1-2.
Some times after entering the details of my account (shelly) there is a white window and that’s it, It’s stuck.
Sometimes it shows:
Error: request to http://. .. /shelly failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH . .. :80
Until about a month or two ago it worked great, suddenly it stopped working.

I followed all instructions regarding pairing devices with homey. Now I find that the dimmers can’t be paired. The plugs didn’t provide any problems. Any idea?

Make sure the device is within the WiFi range and it’s awake using the wake up button during pairing. You can try to reboot Homey and reboot the sensor before pairing from the web UI. Unreachable means Homey can’t reach the device on the network. This error is shown after 30 seconds.

Check your network, reboot Homey and reboot the dimmer from the web UI before trying to pair. Homey can’t reach your device. Could be caused by Homeys network stack, something with the device or your network.

I’ve done all this, and I still can’t do it with two devices

Let me wave my magic wand … Nope, didn’t work either. I’m afraid i can’t help you. Networking issues is not something I can solve from the app. What is the firmware version on your motion sensors?

20220811-152232/v2.1.8@5afc928c