[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Loving the new update! Gonna re-add all my Shelly’s but I’ve noticed the devicename is rather cryptic when adding them and not the one that’s been set in the Shelly app, is that something that can’t be retrieved?

Good to hear. The devices names come from the discovery mDNS message. Using friendly device names would mean having to make an extra request to every discovered devices. I want to keep it as lean as possible, there are users with over 100+ Shelly devices.

1 Like

Okej so now I have done the whole trubelshooting guide :slight_smile:
But no luck so far…

CoAP was not enable on the UNI device, but it was working 2 days ago with the old app without it. It is now enable.
New paringing/restart of homey pro/restart of UNI did not help.

The rest of the guide all was OK, even when I tried to do HTTP GET request to the UNI.

And it is working from the Shelly Iphone App and from webinterface. Hmm I am out of ides for now…

Have you rebooted the UNI after enabling CoAP?

Yes I have. Both in web interface and by pulling the wire.

It is possible so activate both relays with a HTTP GET request and that is working.
It is a good work around but not perfect.

I dont have a Uni myself to test with but do you know how to locally run a debug version of the app using the command line. This will allow further troubleshooting. How to do this is described here. I need to create a debug version of the app for you.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I found the issue. It should be fixed with 3.10.9 which is now published in the app store. It will require you to re-pair your Uni device.

Great! no problem, it is easy to re-pair now with the new drivers :slight_smile:

@Phuturist Thank you for your great app and awesome support. It works like a charme!!!
Grtz,
Eric

1 Like

Understandable, but that means you have to rename each device manual twice, once in shelly and once in homey even for those with over a 100 shelly’s this might be something to look into, to grab the friendly devicename when adding the device to homey, the same as you did for the icon where you can select a new one or use the default? Indeed no need to display it during discovery, that would indeed be overkill

I’ll look into it, still an extra request for every device being paired but it’s doable.

Thanks, was only thinking out aloud, no pressure or anything:)
Anyway, keep up the great work!

Hi Damian,

I have the same problems with Shelly. Latest version 3.10.9 still shows me " `Shelly is temporary unavailable, it will be back shortly". I am very disappointed.

Petr

You should tell Athom: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360015784034-Submitting-a-support-request

The Shelly app developer cannot help you, this is a Homey Cloud problem.

1 Like

Hi,

I have started to get a message, every time I tap on my Shelly product in Homey:

“This device type might not be supported in the future”

What does it mean and why am I getting this notification now?

Just paste that message into the search bar…

It means you haven’t read the change log and did not even try to find out yourself before coming here.

1 Like

That is not the case. I have read the changelog, but this part is confusing:

How do you choose which driver to pair the devices with?

That’s a totally different question as your first one but ok. There is only one driver left so you do not need to choose anymore. The app will make sure it install the correct device based on your selection in the pairing wizard.

I regret that, should have asked in another way.

Thank you for the clarification.

Hi

I managed to re-pair my shelly buttons 2.
After repairing i tried to fix my flows, but there are just a couple of cards and no push button.
If i check the card Action event there is no device listet to choose under “Select your Shelly”, not a single one.

What am i doing wrong.
Thanks