[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I’m getting the same error message when adding Shelly 3EM.

I’ll look into this but you should not have to manually pair your device in general. If the device is not discovered there is probably something else which need fixing most likely something in your network.

How does the Shelly App discover Shelly Devices? Some broadcast protocol?

I’m running a Google Wifi network at home, there is a very limited number of settings I change (unfortunately) :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it uses mDNS for device discovery.

If I remember correctly I had the same problem when installing my Shelly Dimmer and Plugs and using discover. Worked fine when adding IP address to the devices though.

This was using an older version of the app (2-3 months ago)

I tried nearly everything including “reset to factory defaults” of the trv… “restart homey…” and tried to pair the trv manually… do not know why I cannot add this trv…

I just tested this. The Shelly TRV is discovered just fine. So something is blocking mDNS traffic within your network or your Homey is not within the same (V)LAN. I’ll fix the manual pairing in the next release but you should look into auto discovery yourself.

1 Like

Using Cloud/Beta. Removed and added the Shellys after latest update. Everything works well except that I can not add action events. When selecting “Select your Shelly…” the list is empty, no Shellys show up.

Thanx for the feedback. I just noticed that action events in Homey Cloud are not supported in version 3.8.1. I’ll see if this can be added but the implementation has changed on Shelly side so I need to figure out how to implement it.

1 Like

Hi Jelger,

I checked mDNS resolution - works fine - TRV will be found with mDNS test tool… homey pro and shelly trv are in the same vlan and on the same ap

All other TRV works fine…

Maybe the device is not includable because it was included and deleted in this homey before?

Possible, but a Homey or app reboot should resolve that.

I rebooted the homey already :wink:

No issue with mDNS here as far as I know, otherwise my Chromecast devices wouldn’t be working correctly. I will do some more testing, might be a Wifi Mesh issue.

I’ll be waiting for the new version then. Thanks for all your work so far! :smile:

and no mDNS issues here because the SMA devices will not work in the homey without a working mDNS resolver

I have published a new release to the test channel which should fix the issue with manual pairing. Feel free to try it out.

Full changelog:

v3.9.0 - TEST - 2022-03-09

• Breaking change: action events for Plus/Pro devices have been updated to be able to add double push event. Due to this change you will need to update all flows using the generic action event trigger for Plus/Pro devices.
  • Fixed action events of the Shelly i4
  • Fixed manual pairing where auto discovery is not available
1 Like

thx a lot Jelger - I will test asap :slight_smile:

@Phuturist Jippiiiiii it works now :slight_smile:

thank you soooo much

Works great! Thanks! :grin:

After updating to the latest firmware via the Shelly App I have trouble with adding my pro 4pm to Homey Beta.
It connects to Shelly cloud correctly it seems. For the first few seconds the sensor values are actually read out.
Then a red triangle and “device is unreachable: cannot read property ‘hasOwnProperty’ of undefined.” appears.
Rebooting via developer tools app, rebooting Homey itself didn’t help. Also the “try to repair” feature doesn’t make a difference.

Any insight or help is appreciated. Thanks!

The firmware of the device (and if so what version) or did you update the Homey app for Shelly (and if so what version)?

Is it possible to send diagnostic reports from Homey Cloud? If so, please do so.