[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I try to add the 1PM to Homey again, after having it removed from Homey, but Homey can’t find the 1PM anymore. It is working in the Shelly app.

Since the last update my Shelly 1pm’s are not working anymore. It says not found. Try to re-add says; unknown error

This is the case with all 3 devices😅

I even removed the 1pm from Shelly and added it again. Still not found in Homey. Why not back to the latest working app? This version is useless if you cannot use and add the 1pm. Homey is not just a hobby, it is part of our home automation. That should be reliable

The way the Homey app ecosystem has been set up means that actually, it is a hobby for many developers. They don’t get paid, they offer up their spare time, and they have to deal with remarks like this.

2 Likes

Well arent you a drama queen … :rofl: … If you start paying for full time development I’d be more than happy to consider it a job. But for now it’s just a hobby for me and something I do in my free time. And yes, I ocassionaly break things because I cant test every device on every release. If this is not acceptable for you, feel free to built your own integration.

Are all you guys trying to add your Shelly (Plus) 1(PM) with the correct driver? As mentioned in the breaking change log there is now a seperate drivers for Shelly 1, Shelly Plus 1, Shelly 1PM and Shelly Plus 1PM devices. Trying to add it with the incorrect driver will result in your devices not being found. As @PaN13k already confirmed adding his Shelly Plus 1 devices with the correct driver works just fine.

[EDIT] Also confirmed on Github by @LecramR that adding his Shelly Plus 1PM with the correct driver works. Yes I do break stuff but let this be a lesson to you guys to read the change log a little bit better.

2 Likes

My god. Creating drivers according to the name of the device, how could you! :wink::partying_face:

Hopefully the correct drivers helps the users.

I just tested this and it works fine for me when I have the external temperature option enabled and use whole numbers. I guess the problem with your tag is that it contains decimals. I’ll see if I can add that in a future release.

1 Like

Hi Jelger,

You really did a great job with the Shelly app and I use it to control about 16 Shelly devices now.
The last 2 weeks, however, I’m seeing some strange issues with 2 RGBW2 devices I use (colour mode).

• The dim feature doesn’t work anymore. I noticed this yesterday for the first time.
  • When the dim level is below +/- 50%, I cannot change the colour anymore on the 2nd device which I started using 2 weeks ago.

In the meanwhile I did a Firmware update of both devices, but this makes no difference.
Everything works fine in the Shelly app.
Would you be able to check this out please?
Thanks in advance & kind regards,
Jan

thx a lot Jelger :slight_smile:

Thank you yelger for your grate Work for this app, en sorry for the wrong comment

I’ll fix this in the next release.

Thanks!

I have created a support ticket at Shelly website - because at the moment it is not possible to set “half temperatures” e.g. 21.5 °C - maybe we can push this feature request be more tickets a bit? :wink:

Hi @Phuturist

The option on the Shelly 2.5 roller shutter, to set optical Middle position it’s not available anymore?

Yep

1 Like

Oh ok, missed that.
Thank you.

I’m looking for beta testers for the 3.8.0 release which is now in test. I looking for Homey Pro users to test if this release does not affect any functionality and I’m looking for Homey Cloud / Beta users that are willing to test the migration of their devices to the changed cloud integration. Beware that this release breaks the current cloud integration so any cloud connected device will have to be removed and re-paired.. The full changelog is as following:

v3.8.0 - TEST - 2022-03-02

• Breaking change for Homey Cloud / Beta: Changed the way Homey Beta/Cloud connected devices communicate with Shelly Cloud, this requires you to remove and re-pair all your Homey Cloud / Beta connected Shelly devices. Sorry for the inconvenience but this is very much needed for future development.
  • Added all roller shutter devices for Homey Cloud / Beta.
  • Added firmware update action card for Shelly Plus/Pro devices for Homey Pro
  • Fix device icons for new Plus and Pro devices
  • Lots of code improvements
1 Like

Anyone?

If not everyone will have to beta test this version …

Hi @Phuturist,

It is already (automatically) installed on my Homey Pro. So just let me know what you want me to do.

For Homey Pro everything “just needs to keep on working”. A lot of code has changed but it should not affect functionality for Homey Pro users. Thanx.