[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

This is now live.

1 Like

Since the update I get this error with my plus 1. All of them. I tried repairing as stated abobe, but this doesnt work. It will not find the devices automatically nor manual.

The initial error is too be expected. If you can not find the device make sure you have removed it before trying to add it again and itā€™s discoverable (a setting in Shelly). Manually adding it wonā€™t find any devices. What does it say when you try to connect to the device manually?

Anyone experiencing similar issues? Iā€™ve had an electrician over to replace some of my light switches with push buttons. Now everytime Iā€™m pushing one of those new buttons, all (or at least most) the blinds are opening or shutting. This only occurs if I physically push the button but not when I switch the light on and off over the app.

The light is connected with a Shelly 1 and all of my blinds with Shelly 2.5.

m,n shelly 1 and 1 plus give interference after tonightā€™s update how is that possible?

I canā€™t find the option to make the Shelly discoverable. Where is this option?
Edit: omg. Just noticed there is a new option for the plus 1. Before it was a combined one. Succeeded. Thank you.

Can we downgrade the app?

Have you actually read the changelog from the latest release?

@Phuturist

Hi Jelger, has anyone reported that this is not working?

At the moment I use the http command insteady what works fine

Cheers,
Sven

Uh noā˜ŗļø

OkĆ© thanšŸ¤” i am not so happy on that

No, thanx for reporting. Iā€™ll look into it.

1 Like

since the latest update of the shelly app, homey becomes unresponsiveā€¦ crashes, reboot and the cycle repeats. The only way to stop it is by disabling the shelly app when homey is booting.

Sounds like the issue below:

Not much I can do about it. I remember some people solved it by disabling thje Bonjour service on their Synology NAS.

1 Like

thanks for the tip, ill give it a try.
Bit weird, it was working fine since yesterday.
Hopefully this is the issue and then ill bin the shelly

edit: indeed by disabeling the bonjour on the Synology the crashing stops. Its weird because until the latest update of the shelly app there was no problem at all.

Itā€™s an issue with the mDNS implementation of Homey that sometimes affects users with specific network setups. It could very well be something changed in your network recently which triggered this.

It seems the mDNS implementation of Homey listens to mDNS broadcast messages even without the pairing wizard being active. With over 70+ drivers in the Shelly app and most have their own mDNS filter set up this requires resources. In combination with specific network setups Homey seems to choke on this. Itā€™s been reported to Athom but they have decided not to look into this further due to it being a corner case scenario that only affects some users.

1 Like

I have the same issues with my (only) Shelly 1plus. Since the app-update not working, app canā€™t find it (but itā€™s online on itā€™s fixed IP), and cannot find a ā€œdiscoverableā€ option in the Shelly UI. I had to update to beta 0.10.0 (Shelly) also because on 0.9.3 the UI was very buggy (several things not working or stopped working after a few clicks). 0.10.0 seems to work okay, but no option to add it.
Where is the discover option?

I have the same issues. I removed the 1PMs from Homey, but I cannot add it again. It does not appear in the list, and when I want to add the 1PM manually with the IP address, it asks for the credentials. No idea where I can find the credentials, but when I use the access point username, but it does not recognize it.
It works fine in the Shelly app.
It would be helpful if the devices appear in the list when I want to add it again to Homey. Now, it is useless.

Didnā€™t find it. For me it was because at first it was a combined option and now there are two option in the app. Had to select 2nd generation. 2 were automatically discoverd. 2 via ip.

I was talking about the Shelly webui btw., I donā€™t use the Shelly app (If thatā€™s what you mean)

But I donā€™t believe I did/changed anything, but my Shelly 1plus is now added again when I checked a minute agoā€¦ automatically (?) I tried to readd it throught the Homey app earlier but it wouldnā€™t find it.
Problem fixed now