[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Thx, @phuturist.
I’d be happy to test.

I can confirm it too. Doens’t work with latest test version. I can turn them on and the app does show it being turned on, but nothing happens.

Ok thanks for the advice. How do I ask Athom this?

Would you be willing to install the test version and re-pair one of your devices to see if that fixes the issue with controlling your devices. This would validate my assumption and I can work on a proper fix for the next stable release.

I’d be happy to as soon as I get home today.
How would you like me to “repair” one of my devices?

Do you mean pair it once again (so delete and re-add) or “fixing” the device in any way? “repair” has two definitions… :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: With the dash in re-pair I indeed mean, delete the device and re-add it again (and fix your flows).

Clear! :slight_smile:
I’ll let you know asap!

1 Like

@phuturist:
I tested as follows (it is just as you expected):

• Installed app testversion 3.6.5
  • Homey does read statusses if changed outside Homey but the devices cannot be controlled by Homey.
  • Deleted a Shelly Dimmer 1 from Homey and re-added it (an rebuild it’s flows).
  • Now this device can be controlled by Homey again.
  • Downgraded the app to v3.6.1
  • All devices can be controlled again, incl the re-added Dimmer 1 from above.

Hope this info is sufficient for you.
Thanks in advance for your effort! :+1:t2::smiley:

1 Like

Yes, it confirms my suspicion. Devices that have been paired some time ago are missing details which are added during pairing and I made a change in version 3.6.5 that depends on these details. Result is that devices that do not have these details can not be controlled and I did not pick this up in my tests as I only have recently paired devices due to having to test this code all the time.

I will create a fix later this evening and push it to the test channel. I would appreciate it if you could double check it fixes it for all other devices without the need of re-pairing.

1 Like

I will, thanks for that.
Just let us know here and I will test it.

It’s up. Please test.

https://homey.app/a/cloud.shelly/test/

2 Likes

Done so. I can confirm that my Shelly’s are able to be controlled by Homey again!
Thanks for the quick fix!

2 Likes

My 1pm doesn’t work yet. Can I help with something? Neither do my dimmer2. 3.6.6 is installed.

Ps. If the only way is to remove and readd then that’s fine for me. Just let know

Do you know how to run/install apps from the command line? If so, could you verify if this version fixes the issue with your Shelly 1PM and Dimmer2?

1 Like

Installing now…

It’s still version 3.6.6 (development, so i guess that’s okay). But none of the devices respond. They all have a red exclamation mark. Not available, can’t make connection to device.

[log] 2022-02-17 19:41:34 [ShellyApp] Initializing Shelly App ...
Warning: Trying to access `Homey.env.WEBHOOK_ID` but the environment variable has not been set!
Warning: Trying to access `Homey.env.WEBHOOK_SECRET` but the environment variable has not been set!
Unable to initialize app Error: Missing required  parameter: webhookId
    at Remote Process

Strangely, my Dimmer 2 is working just fine after v3.6.6 from the test channel (so not the one from Github).
I did not delete and re-add this one; it worked again right after the update provided.

Strange indeed. I’m currently working with @Phuturist to figure what goes wrong. Getting a few errors in debug mode.

1 Like

The one from @Henk_Renting was probably added later in time then the one from @Martijn_Hoogenbosch . That’s why the one from Martijn is missing some attributes which I need for further develoment. Release 3.6.1 till 3.6.6 is trying to add the right attributes for all devices so they match up. Hopefully nailed the last one just now and will release 3.6.7 shortly after.

1 Like

Nailed it!

Ok, published to the test channel and awaiting approval.

https://homey.app/a/cloud.shelly/test/

1 Like