[APP][Pro][Cloud] KNMI

See my post earlier today.

The app depends on data from the api. So here I can do biks about it other than making sure weerlive has their api in order.

When you don’t feel welcome, maybe you should look at how you bring business under. All devs create apps voluntarily and do not get paid a penny for this. Continuous negative coverage while trying to fix things in the background on all sides works very demotivating!

About that alarm 1 problem, I do understand that after your first explanation about that weeks ago.
That working on app is voluntarily work I also know.

When I found something that is not working like other things do, then I making test flows to try to find where the problem maybe is.
Putting that here and your solution is not working either is that then negative coverage?

If you feel that way I will deleted my post if you ask me to do.

Further I like my dashboard with all the KNMI tiles very much. :+1:

I appreciate your commitment and determination to find the cause of the problem. It is in some choice of wording. Never mind. We will move on to finding a solution.

1 Like

Hello,

i have a theory.
Last night and this early morning there is/was code yellow for some provinces. But the app showed code green.
Could it be that the weather warnings that the API uses is for location Utrecht? De Bilt is in Utrecht. That province was yesterday evening and now green. And the API shows green. Could also explain why the code orange did not came through last week.
Just a thought.

BR
B-J

1 Like

No data received here for the flows but also the virtual device KNMI 2.0 is not update the whole time.
For the weather alarm data that is. The rest I didn’t checked that.

Maybe they working on it because of the days of Yellow alarm code.

@B-J_Soecker That’s a great one to explore. Shouldn’t because the api looks at the location, but you never know.

Different thing I noticed. KNMI gives correct code yellow for location Noord-Holland. weerlive.nl on the other hand is green for the location where I live.

I had also seen this earlier with code orange regarding Amsterdam. I emailed them and haven’t heard anything yet.

My guess would be the spurious comma in the request URL (after ${place}):

url = `https://weerlive.nl/api/json-data-10min.php?key=${key}&locatie=${place},`;

With the comma present I get distinctly different results then when it’s not there.

`
Even just for info.

On weerlive.nl, with my API key, fetched data for my city Spijkenisse but also for Groningen
Both gives this:
alarmtxt “Er zijn momenteel geen waarschuwingen van kracht.”
(“There are currently no warnings in effect.)

Groningen is still in the yellow zone.

Thanks @robertklep, totally overlooked. Have a new version ready.

:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Update 2.2.10

New Live version!

Fix

:lady_beetle: API URL Bug Squashed: In this latest release, we’ve successfully identified and addressed a bug lurking in the API URL. Rest assured, the KNMI Homey App now operates seamlessly, ensuring accurate and reliable weather information.

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

:lock: Enjoy a seamless and stable connection with KNMI 2.0 Homey app! :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - KNMI - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

Changelog history

:rotating_light: Disclaimer :rotating_light:

This app is a labor of love, provided on a best-effort basis. No rights can be derived from its use. Data made possible by weerlive

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

:warning: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

I have an answer from weerlive regarding the alarm codes. They only give 0 or 1 in the api, which means there is an alarm or not. I will update the app on this.

In addition, you can look in the alarm text if there is a colour code.

In parallel, I will contact KNMI itself to be able to use their data directly to re-enter the alarm codes and an app cloud release.

1 Like

Ik krijg deze offline melding zo’n 40 keer per dag….

@Jeroen_Van_der_Wal Hmm then my fixed didn’t work. You can turn off notifications via Homey settings timeline.

Test information.

The notification time on alarm picture: 05:21

Time of “Weeralam is veranderd” and “Weeralam bericht is veranderd” on 06:30
:+1:

Self made flow for Code filter has worked for now. :wink:

Sadly the When/If card “Nieuwe gegevens van het KNMI” is still not working.

Test with “Huidige temp is veranderd” can gives a change every 10 minutes.

For me is a direct item When/If nicer to work with.
You know directly what a flow will do.

Hi Theo,

Can you send me a report, so I can dive into the trigger cards.

baf6a6a3-056a-4b76-98b9-98fbfd469435

:+1:

See email.

1 Like

:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Update 2.2.11

New Live version!

Fix

:warning: Weather Warning Codes to Alerts and condition card : Due to limitations in the API, we’ve made adjustments to the weather warning codes. Instead of using color-coded alerts (green, yellow, orange, red), the app now provides information on whether a weather warning is present or not. You can use a Homey variable card to check in weather alerts token for specific text colors and trigger your desired flows accordingly.

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

:lock: Enjoy a seamless and stable connection with KNMI 2.0 Homey app! :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - KNMI - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

Changelog history

:rotating_light: Disclaimer :rotating_light:

This app is a labor of love, provided on a best-effort basis. No rights can be derived from its use. Data made possible by weerlive

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket: