[APP][Pro&Cloud] frient Zigbee App (v2.4.4)

Thanks for the great explanation.

Just to clarify what happens when you press and hold down the button (factory reset).

When you first press and hold it - you should see that the button will blink a green LED - you should keep holding until it flashes numerous times in a row.

Then, when you press and hold it a second time, you should see that the button will blink a yellow LED instead - you should also keep holding it until it flashes numerous times in a row.

Only then (green and yellow sequences finished) the device is factory reset.

Is that what happens in your case?

EDIT: I also checked the unit in our database, this is in fact Smart Button.

The "ā€œPBTZB110ā€ you see on the back refers to FCC and IC certifications (as the Smart Button and Panic Button share the same hardware).

Wow, thanks for the very fast response!!!

So I think Iā€™ve never seen any green light on the sensor and I also canā€™t seem to trigger a green light as you describe.

Essentially in these steps:

Iā€™m straight to step 3, no way to get back to 1 it seems.

Also I would say my flash is more orange than yellow but itā€™s the same thing I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

So whenever I hold the button press, it blinks orange/yellow once after 5 seconds, then twice after 10 seconds, then 3 times after 15 seconds and then one longer flash. Then the sensor doesnā€™t flash anymore, but when I then press once it seems like Iā€™m in the ā€œconnectingā€ state described below:

But eventually (as described above) the search for network times out and the sensor stops flashing.

Thatā€™s strange.

For the test - are you able to try connecting the device to a different gateway?

Hi.

We have released an update (v2.4.3) that brings the requested features to a local mode.

To make it even stranger, when I look at Zigbee in developer tools I temporarily see this:

So something is obviously happening?

Iā€™ve tried many times in different locations (to force it trough different routers) but Iā€™m inclined to just give up, adding a sensor shouldnā€™t be this hard.

I sadly do not have another Zigbee gateway to test with, everything connects to Homey here.

Did you try to connect the device with a freshly started Homey?
Ie. pull the power plug of Homey for 2 minutes, reconnect, allow Homey to start everything (~ 10 minutes) and then try to connect the device.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip!

Iā€™ve tried all the ā€œtricksā€ I could think of:

• Unplugging Homey for at least 10 minutes
  • New power brick for Homey (20W)
  • ā€œDownload full software updateā€ for Homey
  • Restore Homey from earlier backup
  • Removing the battery of the sensor for a while
  • Removing and re-adding other Zigbee sensors/routers

Sadly the same result :frowning_face:.

A few times, Iā€™ve encountered similar issues with Homey 2019 in the past, and with different devices. It has been always happening in a noisy (network) environment. The only thing that helped in my case was to reset a Zigbee network on Homey, either via app, or developer tools. In case youā€™d like to try it, please be aware that it will erase your devices, so youā€™ll have to add all of them again.

You could also try to change the network channel in developer tools to some that have the least chance of interfering with other networks (you can use a network scanner on your phone).

Please let me know what you think.

I am having problems with the keypad. I have added it to Homey, but there is an exclamation mark over the intelligent keypad icon in Homey. It then says:

Device unavailable
Cannot read properties of Undefined (reading on)

I have tried removing the keypad and re adding it again, but it still has the same problem. The keypads battery reports that it is full and the keypad is situated just a few cm from Homey. I am using the latest frient update.

What is the problem and how can this be fixed? The keypad worked fine before, but I have not used it for a few months.

Can you share a screenshot of the error?

In addition, can you after restarting of the Frient app (homey app >> more >>Apps >> Frient >> settings >> restart app) also send a diagnostics report (homey app >> more >>Apps >> Frient >> settings >> send diagnostics report)?

Thanks

Did you manage to solve the problem with the above instructions? Or does it persist?

No the problem persists. I have been unable to use the Keypad since reporting this problem. I have tried reinstalling the Frient app and also reinstalling the Homey app, but it still does not work. I am also unable to create a diagnostic report, as this option is greyed out.

I have uploaded some screenshots

How to resolve this issue?

The problem persists. I have been unable to use the Keypad since reporting this problem. I have tried reinstalling the Frient app and also reinstalling the Homey app, but it still does not work. I am also unable to create a diagnostic report, as this option is greyed out.

I have uploaded some screenshots

How to resolve this issue?

To narrow down the issue; which Homey platform are you using?

I am using Homey Bridge (not pro). I only have it for use with my smart lock and the keypad. I donā€™t have any other devices.

Hi,

I have multiple Frient smoke alarms.

Four out of eight work great and almost never leave the Zigbee network. However, the other four are leaving the network after a couple of days. I now get the message: ā€œDevice Unavailable.ā€

Weirdly enough, in developer tools, three out of these four are seen every few minutes.

I already restarted the app, but this did not give the results I hoped for, nor did restarting Homey.

Set up:

• Homey Pro (early 2023), version 11.1.1
  • Frient app (2.4.3)
  • I have multiple Zigbee smart plugs which are working great. These plugs are installed in the same room. I connected these before I connected the smoke alarms.
  • diagnostic report: 4aaeaca5-452b-4ebd-a2f4-62822a6d732c

It would be great if someone could give me a hint to fix this. :smiley:

Iā€™m afraid it might be related to the range.

Are you able to move the dropping units closer to your Homey?

How to solve my issue that I posted screenshots for 5 posts above? My keypad is just a few cm from my Homey Bridge.

Did you try factory resetting the device before adding it back to Homey?

I removed all the batteries, replaced and pressed the button where the batteries are for a factory reset. Still the same issue with my Homey Bridge.