[APP][Pro&Cloud] DoorBird

Hi Marco, i did that already minimum 5 times…
But i think i have to try it one more or two more times :confounded:

I think I found the issue. The Cloud API is returning something I’m not expecting on a method used during pairing. I’ll see if I can fix that on the next release.

Do you have a paid subscription and/or multiple doorbells? It’s currently built to retrieve the Cloud Recording Free history images and with the assumption the video station only has one doorbell.

I develop several apps with a total of around 25000 installs. I cant be a personal support desk for every user. I do need to actually make money and also have a private life somewhere.

Many thanks for your response.
That gives me hope, I thought I was crazy.

No, I only have the free solution and only one doorbell.

I understand you, I just wanted to offer this as I thought it might be easier for you to find the error.
As I said, I don’t rule out the possibility that I made a mistake, but I did and checked everything several times and probably wouldn’t find the mistake myself.

Thank you very much for your efforts and I apologize for my English :see_no_evil:

Could you force a restart of the app by reinstalling it from the app store. This should reinitialize the image tokens and could solve your issue with the snapshots. Please let me know the outcome.

I did a re-install on the app store, but nothing changed.
Or do i have first to uninstall the app and then install it again?

Could you check if you can see the snapshots from the web UI. It looks like there is a bug in the Homey smartphone app where you can not select any of the other snapshots.

In the web UI I can see the various (all 3) snapshots, but not in the IOS app, only the live snapshot.
I can neither see nor select the relays in the web UI or in the IOS app. I only see relay 1.

So, that is a bug in the Homey smartphone app and not for me to fix.

I just pushed a fix for this to the app store. You will need to re-pair your DoorBird for the relays to become visible.

Ok, so i wait till Athom fix it…

Can i do this now or have i to wait until when?
Thank you very much

You can re-pair now to make the extra relays available under the device. For the snapshots not being accessible from the smartphone app you should contact Athom support.

I just re-paired it, but still the same, just the standard relay.
In IOS and web UI

Just to make sure. Can delete the device, re-install the app from the app store and then re-pair again.

I just did what you wrote, but still the same, just relay 1.

Then I’m not able to fix it.

But why is there a difference between CLOUD app and Pro app?
Now the cloud app can more then the Pro app?? This can`t be the truth i think!
The pro app should can do more or the same like the cloud app, or not?

My CLOUD doorbird, there i can select the two standard relais.

The LAN-2-LAN integration and the Cloud API are nothing alike. Each have their own methods of communicating. But the real issue is that I dont have a door controller to test with, Since the Cloud API doesnt behave as I expect it to and I have no way of testing it this results in this functionality not being available for the cloud version of the app. So yes, it is the truth.

To be honest, cloud-2-cloud home automation is already inferior to local control any way.

[EDIT]
If you would be willing to supply me the credentials of your DoorBird admin user I might be able to test a little more. Send them by PM in that case.

But relay 2 cannot be selected either, this has nothing to do with the door controller. Do you think you will still be able to do this?

Sorry, but what does PM mean?

That’s probably the same bug in the smartphone app as with the snapshots. Have you tried if through the web UI? As mentioned you should report that to Athom.

Private message. Dont post your admin details here on the forum.

I first have to know, if the faults is on the app side.

Ahh, OK😃 yes i will give it to you by PM👍🏼
How can i reach you?