[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

Didn’t know that card :crazy_face:
It should work like you write:
Screenshot from 2022-09-08 22-58-25

OK I did some tests.

• a positive value shortens the timer duration; if value is higher than timer duration, the timer finishes right away.

• a negative value lengthens the timer time, but the value cannot be higher than the original timer duration
    So you have to lengthen the time with respect to the original timer duration.

Here’s a timer duration lengthened with 15s after 15s:
Peek 2022-09-08 23-47

(for fullscreen: right-click / longpress and open in new tab}

1 Like

Chronograph Timer will always countdown (decrease) to zero. When countdown is finished it trigger the “Timer finished”.
If you want to count up you should use Chronograph Stopwatch. Stopwatch can trigger reached value.

Maybe not what you asked for?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but thats not quite what I mean. I have a timer that my TV turns off when 1,5 hours has passed. This Tv has the PS5 attached to it. So you get the idea.
Sometimes I want to extend the timer with let’s say 30min.

So I created a virtual switch (doorbell → pulse) witch activates the flow above. But the chronograph card does not behave as intended/expected. This card should extend the timer by 30mins in case of a positive value and decrease by -30 mins with a negative value.

1 Like

Ah ok, so I can only add 30mins when the timer is below one hour (initial time was 1,5 hours)
I don’t actualy understand why this is the case. But good to know.

Thanks for testing!

2 Likes

YW!

It’s a matter of how one looks at it.
This way you cannot ‘by accident’ change a 60m timer into a 60hrs timer.
OR
You can only change values within the defined timer duration.

Or it is just impossible the way the app is written.

It’s also the way one looks at it:
In this case, +30mins fastforwards the timer, -30mins rewinds the timer

This app is looking for a new developer by the way, so if you know anyone…

2 Likes

@Johanneso
continued discussion about [transitionvalue] issue

Hi Johannes,

It is a local variable, first connect the triggercard with the actioncard. The you can pick the Transitionvalue tag at the top of the selection list

1 Like

Whaddya know, this time when I connected the cards it showed up. Maybe my browser was too old or something. Thanks a lot for your support. It worked like a charm!

2 Likes

YW!

Most probably cache issues. I’ve to force reload my.homey.app quite regularly.

2 Likes

Seems like wildcards is not possible to use for the resume timer card.

1 Like

Just wondering: I started using Chronograph a few days ago (a few concurrent timers & stopwatches mainly), and I was wondering if people have used it extensively for “essential” stuff like controlling lighting (especially since it is no longer maintained)? Is it 100% reliable & stable, no weird bugs or memory leaks? Any suggestions for good alternatives?

1 Like
  • Can you explain what should be maintained as it runs OK? Only if Athom distributes another major change in firmware, and you decide to install it, it is possible the app stops working properly.
  • You can actively help searching for an other developer :wink: Spread the word!
  • If there were (many) problems with this app, the topic would be full of complaints support questions?
  • It is as 100% reliable and stable like most other apps and Homey itself. 100% stable is a bit unrealistic.
  • The app did crash a while ago, maybe twice in total, but the timers and flow cards just kept on working. Really. I use it in ~200 flows.
  • I’m using it for ~2 years now.
1 Like

I was just looking for experiences, not miracles. :wink:

Thanks for the last 2 bullets, sounds good!

1 Like

I have been using Chronograph since it was released for a lot of timers and stopwatches. Working great and memory efficient.

1 Like

Hi,
I think I found a bug. I have previously used the app CountDown but recently changed to Chronograph.

I have flow where I sometimes want to extend a running timer. Then I tried the card ADJUST TIMER. But the help text is wrong compared to how it works. If I adjust with +60 minutes it is instead shortened, and vice versa. So I got it to work but it is not correct.

I also have a suggestion that the card START OR RESUME is also handled as RESTART but doesn’t trigger the START or STOP trigger (so it would be an extension but the I don’t need to first check if running and use ADJUST and if not running use START). So if the timer is already running it is restarted with the time. For example:

1. I start the timer with 10 minutes
  2. After 4 minutes I have a trigger and want to restart the timer on 10 minutes again.
    This I understand is a design thing and it may interfere with your thought about the functionality, then just forget what I wrote. I was only intended to make the flows a little bit smaller/simpler.

The app is looking for a new developer to take over. Please spread the word!

So the solution could be to just adjust the help text with your example of text. For the developer (or hopefully someone that takes over)

1 Like

Yeah indeed, the help text says the opposite.

1 Like

Hi! Im looking to trigger a pushnotification with the total amount of time for a specific stopwatch. Is there any way to do this without a tag for the specific stopwatch? For an example i have a stopwatch that starts and resumes every time i start the TV (and resets at midnight), i would like to send this information in a pushnotification but as far as i can see chronograph dont have any tags present that i can use for this in flows. I used countdown for this earlier but for a few reasons im looking to only use chronograph for my timer and stopwatch applications. Would it be possible to get tags in flows for chronograph?

1 Like

If you put a Chronograph card (for example “Stopwatch nnnn is stopped”) in WHEN you will have Name and Duration-tags you can use in same flow.

1 Like

I even have a importable flow for this. It uses Chronograph:

1 Like