[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

Yes it is the Chronograph timers.
There is no decimals in my [lgFyrSPDriftPauseTid] variable, however haven’t thought of trying to replace it with a fixed time. Will give it a try later once everyone else is a sleep😂

1 Like

Tried your advice Peter_Kawa but didn’t change anything.
Changed the name of the stopwatch and this works?!?!
Created a diagnostic report, maybe something to look into for the app developer?!

cb112f7e-f022-48d1-8e0a-eacd05031c7a

Just when I thought all was okay I got the same issue again. I can’t figure out what exactly is causing the app to crash and when. My flow ran several times but when I changed the flow trigger condition from [When Flow is started] to trigger on [When a contact alarm is active] it crashed immediately when the trigger became active. Changing it back does not help.

@BobKersten any idea what to do?

Diagnostic report a98deced-794a-4693-9d55-fba1f6e473ad

Hi Bob,

Homey v7.3.0
Chronograph v1.1.1

Chronograph “stopped unexpected” a few times a day, since I use it after Homey’s factory reset with my restored backup…
It worked fine for about 18 months.

However, the flows luckily don’t get broken (because there’re no devices), and the running timers just keep on running!

I’m going to re-install Chronograph
Uninstall and then install will cripple my flows I think?

2e7c7ce6-ac2b-439a-a70c-fa3787d50bdf

All the best,
~Peter

Hi Peter,

I don’t want to disappoint you but Bob doesn’t seem to be answering any questions for quite some time.

But just try a reinstall, I’m also interested in whether the flows are affected by this, in the worst case you have a backup :wink:

Thanks Joka, that caught my eye too. But I love this app.
I will do some ‘experiments’. I have indeed a backup :upside_down_face:

A re-install without uninstalling first, keeps the flows unaltered.
I don’t want to fiddle with restoring backups yet… so I don’t uninstall it for now.
I will keep an eye on things, f.i. what happens as the app has crashed. The timers seem to keep running anyway…
Probably only new flow cards cannot be added.
~Peter

Hello,

As many users probably have noticed, I haven’t had the time to maintain this app properly. If there’s a developer who wants to take over, please DM me and if I have a good feeling about it, we can discuss transferring the app.

Thanks.

Bob.

3 Likes

@BobKersten
I hope you will find a developer soon, it is a nice useful app.
Thanks.

It is a good app i miss only tags and labels
i can use in a flow.

I tried setting this up today, and have some questions. Hopefully, I’m not completely lost…

Case: I have one recursive flow where I was hoping to use this app. I set a timer for x seconds unless a criteria is met. I also have a flow triggering when this timer (manually set name) stops. This last flow calls the first flow, which checks the criteria - and if it’s not met it will start the timer again.

Is this not the correct usage?

This is possible.

I assume you mean “when the timer is finished”. B/c a timer can be paused(stopped) also.

1. Flow 1
    When…
    -this flow is started
    And…
    -condition 1
    Or
    -condition 2
    Or…
    -condition 3
    Then…
    -do someting
    Else…
    -start timer Timer1 with a duration of x s.

2. Flow 2
    When…
    -timer Timer1 is finished
    And…

Then…
    -start flow “Flow 1”

This is a similar flow without using the app

1. Flow 1
    When…
    -this flow is started
    And…
    -condition 1
    Or
    -condition 2
    Or…
    -condition 3
    Then…
    -do someting
    Else…
    -start flow “Flow 1” with a delay of x s.

Wow! I actually didn’t even see the “is finished” option, so I had the “stopped” card. Which I figured had to be wrong because things worked when I stopped the timer manually.

1 Like