[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Hi @Sharkys

Thanks for all the work on this app, you’re doing God’s work!

My RM4 Pro (on 62092) gives “IR learning failed: tried long enough” error, sent the debug yesterday (apologies if it wasn’t useful, new to this so happy to dig into it more if helpful).

The learning works in Broadlink app.

Best wishes,
Pawel

Thanks, that’s good to hear (on both answers)!

Let me know if I can help with testing and/or reporting…

Anyone here with RM (2) Pro, for whom actually RF learning ever worked or is working currently on HP23 ?

I only have a RM3 Pro Plus that only connected via the „compatibility Mode“ because of „anorher device found (279D).
RF is Not working and Displays a „timeout after 10000s“

With compatibility mode it would not work but probably would be useful to restart the app, send the diag + try to do RF learning and again send the logs please.

Thais the log before trying to learn something.

38da6ba6-3695-4e38-acd0-10160d094927

And that‘s after…

a616fff1-eb54-40d5-b6a9-f8cf466e1559

After the error it only show‘s „stop pressing“ but i think it‘s not recognizing anything at all :sweat_smile:

Version 3.1.30 - Added RM4 Pro support (IR/RF/temperature/humidity)

(let’s say it’s first attempt)

RM4Pro

@Vincent_Vans , @Pawel_Fiedor can you test, submit logs regardless if it works fine or not ?

reminder ensure your device is NOT locked (check settings)
reminder 2 DO NOT update to latest V62093 !! If you did, downgrade to V62092

Thanks again to @robertklep for sharing his experience with undocumented Homey capabilities behaviors. :+1:

How-to for learning RF signal :

• enter RF learning
  • keep pushed button on remote, until LED goes off on RM4 Pro (this is so called RF Sweeping, where it try to get in sync with remote frequency)
  • wait for LED turning on and press again remote button shortly
  • RF signal shall be stored with confirmed warning message about successful addition

@Hermann_Post , your device is actually 0x279d / RM3 Pro Plus, which seems to be sharing some parts with newer implementation, can you :

• remove your current device
  • keep compatibility enabled
  • update to latest test
  • add again RM3 Pro Plus
    a] - test learning now and send debug logs
    b] - disable compatibility mode and test learning IR again, if anything changes and send debug logs

Hi @Sharkys I just got in from work saw this update. Every device connected to my RM4 Pro is now working with Homey Pro. My RF devices were able to be learned. ( A Pyle motorized projector screen and a Hunter ceiling fan/light). I thank you for all the great work you do.

1 Like

Sry for the delay…

Yeah, so here is the log from the RF learning with comp. mode on… ( learning passed)
cdc987a6-e7ad-4cb3-b3d0-d03b9671d0a2

And here after comp. mode off
I noticed that the “alert massages” are not displayed or even shown correctly

8dd4bce5-f2d3-4449-8957-1d227ef94963

I tested both RF and IR, so far the RF and IR is recognizing signals and plays them over the flow tab correctly!

1 Like

Please check my DM.

I am happy! Could make two RF signals on the RM4 Pro without problems and trigger them from a flow.

(am going away for the weekend, so I will be available from next tuesday if necessary)

b71fc0dd-aca6-4053-9e10-a64f19e80678

Have a good weekend all! @Sharkys Will ship you some beers soon!

1 Like

Guys i have an error showing after the upgrade on my rm4 mini … can anyone advise ?

You mean it did happen right after app upgrade to version 3.1.32 ? It looks like that stored JSON got corrupted, weren’t you trying to learn some IR signal and then it got corrupted maybe ? Anyway, please send diag. log and then unfortunately you would have to remove the device and add it back again, until I find the root cause of this behavior ;-(

Version 3.1.33 — Improving StoreCommands method to prevent damaged JSON errors - testing required…

1 Like

No worries @Sharkys thank u so much for ur work … i can do it again anytime … at least i now have the ability to use my rm4 mini so i am really glad
And yes i just installed it yesterday and made it learn couple of AC commands and it was perfectly working then on the timeline i noticed broadlink has been upgraded today … after that insaw the screenshots i mentioned above

And that is the log

e13dfae0-0144-4a4c-b67e-6136790f605f

Thanks again so much

1 Like

Saw your log, thank you for sharing. In the meantime I tried to improve method used for saving recorded data, let’s see if this issue will repeat or anyone else will report it as well, unfortunately can’t fix damaged JSON file anymore ;-(

1 Like

No worries … didn’t take that effort from me as i was testing a dumb ac that gives me a pain in any platform i use it with😂
Thanks so much for your quick reply … i will give it another try again later

Btw, weren’t you renaming commands right after learning them and renaming them all in one shot ? This seems to break JSON for me, when trying to replicate it.

Yeah i was indeed after learning the command, i rename it and did this for the 4 buttons i needed but it used to work after that
What is the best practice in that case from ur point of view

That should work naturally, doesn’t matter if you rename 1 or all commands :wink:
I must fix it (in former version this code was completely broken). Thanks, then seems I’m on right track.

At this moment, to be on safe side, I would suggest to rename each command individually and press each time save - but I hope I will be fixing it soon.

update shall be fixed in versions > 3.1.35

1 Like