[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

I also am asking for a update on this app. I cant update to Homey 23 until it does.

If you set up HA just plain, and use this app everything works fine, but you need HA off course. The official HA app from Athom does not work that well.

Since yesterday I have been thinking about what you said. And my resonance is the same as you. Homey allows you to easily create scenarios and the graphics are more beautiful. And above all Homey is easier if the whole family has to use home automation.

Hi. Any news from You?

I have tried adding RM4 on HA but within Homey it only shows the sensors no IR controlable devices. How did you setup the RM4 within HA? I am using the broadlink app integration but don’t have IR devices entities.

I am right now using BroadlinkRed to learn IR commands within Homey. The only problem I have is that it is not included in Homey back-up. When I recover a back-up BroadlinkRed is removed because it is a CLI install.

Follow the HA instructions on how to use the integration in HA, create a script that executes the commands you want to execute, access the scripts directly in Homey.

I did not find any clear instruction to create that script and how that script should look. Please assist.

Humbly adding request for support for the Broadlink App in HPE2023
Humble because I have no skills in developing this my self.

2 Likes

Any progress mate?

I add my voice: Please, make this app compatible with Homey Pro 2023 !
Finger crossed…

3 Likes

Hi,

Would also love to get the Broadlink app working on Homey Pro 2023. Thanks a lot to the developers.

Best,
Pawel

3 Likes

I tried but took a lot of time. I already fixed it easily with CLI installing BroadlinkRed app on Homey. Reprogrammed the IR command’s. Now it works like a charm through Homey

Now I can follow the moon phases just by looking at the moon lamp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have the code somewhere in a repo, so I can use it as well?

The only problem I have is that it is not included in Homey back-up. When I recover a back-up BroadlinkRed is removed because it is a CLI install.

You are speaking about cloud backup or direct backup from PC ?
A solution is perhaps to publish the app ? :wink:

Yes, you can use this source:

And follow these steps to install:

1. First install Node.js following this guide: Getting Started - Homey Apps SDK v2 Documentation

1a. Or video about how to Install Node.js and Homey app following this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjAyWKSEIE

Note in step 1a. The person is explaining to login as “Athom login”. Athom is not used anymore. You can use “Homey login” or “Homey app install” command explained in step 1.

1. Add the device in Homey with the IP adres of RM4 device (give the device a static IP or reserved DHCP with MAC address)

Note: Before adding device, you will need to enable the first option in the Broadlinkred app configuration settings within Homey. In Dutch it is called “Eenheidsmode”. It explains when the checkbox is checked every, even unknown devices, will be accept and bypassing any unsupported device errors.

1. Open the device, press on “Learn command” and press a button on your IR remote so it learns it

2. Give the command a short name to use in flows through “Advanced settings” on device with homey.

Short name is like on my screenshot with “Links, rechts etc.”. Links means left. So left button on my remote that I named to.

Cloud back-up.

Would be great indeed. That would fix the back-up problem. I unfortunately don’t own the app to make this happen :frowning:

Thanks for your efforts

Unfortunatly the app is crashing on my Homey 2023 (tried multiple time - delete and reinstall, reboot homey)

Any idea?

It could be that Homey 2023 is unsupported. I am using Homey 2019

Any news regarding the update off the app for HP23?

3 Likes

The problem is that the BroadLink had not supported for homey pro early 2023. So you have another idea??strong text