[APP][Pro] AWTRIX Light - Connected Smart Clock for your Smart Home

@Bckp Great!
I ame realy looking forward and i ame glad you take the time to build this great aap.

THX!!!

Hey @Bckp nice job on the app.
Right now im posting an app on the flows via HTTP API, is there any change that you can update the app to allow to have custom apps?

Thanks

It will be added, i just need some free time to get to itā€¦ :frowning: it is not easy to create this for all simple and understandableā€¦

But, becouse of demand (yet no MR/PR on code) i will create experimental flow card, that will allow you to send custom JSON to the Awtrix (normalized one) so you can send any data you wantā€¦

1 Like

Any idea hoe to get more icons in the flow list, there are new icons on the clock but they are not showing in Homey?

There is experimental flow that read icons from device (same as show message but with experimental text at end), you can try it, it will be in time default flow and the one that have limited icons will be deprecated

Nice, thank you, I was using the other one, so not all icons were visible

Guys, question - thinking about this Ulanzi (mostly if Bckp will succeed with his apps development - eg. internal apps) but I saw on battery it runs for 5 hours only. What is your own experience, is anyone using it without attached power ?

In some room it could be linked with wake-ups only when person is present but not sure how much time more you getā€¦

It is not designed to use without power attachedā€¦ battery is more like backup when main power drops.

Well, turn off display will prolong battery life, but not muchā€¦ there is deep sleep mode, when it turn off most parts of display, but you can wake it only by button press or by internal timer that is set when entering deep sleep, so maybe somethink every 5 minutes, if nobody is present, turn on deepsleep for 280 sec (20sec reserve) but i have no idea how much battery that can saveā€¦

1 Like

The ULANZI is a nice toy. I like it more than I thought I would. I use it with AWTRIX + Bckpā€™s app and MQTT Client with homey in combination.

The battery life depends mainly on the brightness settings. At the lowest readable brightness it lasts ~10h when it is new and fully charged.

Excellent, thank you - that was actually my 2nd question - eg. do not want to have it full on in the night. So itā€™s adjustable also via Homey / MQTT ?

Yes, you can use homey and there is a smartphone app for/from AWTRIX that allows you to easily adjust settings on demand.

I live happy with auto-brightness and when room is empty, i turn display off completly :slight_smile: and yes, there is flow for that :smiley:

1 Like

For the rest, apps will be, i just need a few days to implement it, yet this time is just crazy, there is no time left for free projects :frowning:

1 Like

And I just ordered two ! :rofl: Just kidding, yeah, year end ā€¦ looking forward to it :wink: Any time.

I should send you affiliate link :frowning: dammā€¦

Wellā€¦share it here for others/future :slight_smile:

Thanks @Bckp for your work on this! I just got my clock (2 actually) - I was hoping you could explain a little more how Sound/Melody works in the flow, I could not get it to beep :slight_smile: - I want to put one in my sons room, that way I can make him look up from his book, otherwise he will not see the messages I am sending him haha. No hurries, itā€™s a busy time!

It looks like RTTTL melody is not working atm, thanks for report, i will fix it asap, not sure what happendā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

No worries! I donā€™t have a lot of time to help out, otherwise I would make a PR :slight_smile:
I now have a workaround with home assistant and homey integration via MQTT :smiley: Itā€™s a bit overkill, but it works.
With HA you can also use ā€˜appsā€™ like a countdown timer and such. So in the mornings during breakfast Homey triggers a google assistant voice message ā€˜almost time for school!ā€™ and starts the clock with a 15 min countdown for the kids so they know when to go to school, with a little melody at the end haha :smiley: (it seems to help getting them to school in time for now :open_mouth: )

Yeah, with MQTT you can do a lotā€¦ I know HA have apps support, i was thinking about that, but i have litteraly no idea, how to implement this in homeyā€¦ :frowning:

But RTTTL should be before christmas :slight_smile: