[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

@Chris_M did you try the above resolution?

Ah, yes, that was it for me too. Thank you very much!

Will the Echo dot 5th generation also be supported in the future?

This is also shown under ā€œknown issueā€ (along with the solution) in the very first post on the thread. - Just for anyone else reading this in the future.

I donā€™t own an echo dot 5.

Iā€™m just ask this because I bougt the Echo dot gen 5 yesterday and forgot to check the compabuility with this app. Is there any plans for adding Echo dot gen 5 to this app in the near future?

@Jamie. My Alexa app has updated automatically, thanks for that! My problem remains though. Also over this weekend my Dot has gone bye-bye and I had to reset and reconnect it today. By now I have tried all possible servers, North America, EU and India and also Far East. The last connection I made was on 15.07.24 on the Far East server. What is wrong with my Dot connection? It canā€™t be that I have to reset and reconnect my Dot every week. Please help, Thanks Ivo

So the app opens an active connection with the amazon servers which manage alexas, now if that connection was broken (for what ever reason) then ā€¦ the devices are no longer available.

Bad internet, bad wifi, homey restarting, home updates?

Obviously I try all to do of stuff when the connection is lost to reconnect it check to see if the internet is up, check against dns servers, cause a direct reconnect, attempt to reconnect using your last cookie etc etc.

But looks like something just aint working every 5-10 day in your home, perhaps try restarting the alexa app every couple of days see if you can force it to refresh its cookie more frequently so when your house does go blah it might have a more reliable connection?

Thanks Jamie, my internet is stable and my WiFi is showing maximum connection strength to the Dot. I will now try restarting the Alexa app every few days to see how it behaves. Thanks Jamie

I hope this is helpful.

I re-installed the latest version of the app and re-connected several Dots/Echoes. I added this flow to, hopefully, generate some useful diagnostics if something goes wrongā€¦

My timeline shows a mix of messages like thisā€¦

Amazon app connection problem: Audit check exception: [undefined] Checked using domain layla.amazon.de

and

Amazon app connected

FWIW, I live in the UK so I guess the use of a .de server is generated in the app or the Amazon ā€˜cloudā€™.

Thereā€™s no obvious correlation between the two. I occasionally get two ā€˜problemā€™ messages in a row. Similarly, a ā€˜problemā€™ message can be followed by 0, 1 or more ā€˜connectedā€™ messages.

While all this is happening, the devices continue to respond to requests generated by flows. Without the messages Iā€™d be unaware of any issues. Iā€™m guessing your automatic recovery code is doing its stuff.

However, in the middle of all the above I had a re-occurrence of the ā€˜oldā€™ problem. All the Dots/Echoes simultaneously showed the red triangle. I had to restart the app to get it to show the reconnect dialogue and, having reconnected, all was fine again. There was no correlation with the disconnect and any of the above messages.

FWIW, it looks like Amazon is disconnecting in a way that is not directly apparent to the app as it stands. But thatā€™s a guess.

For the time being Iā€™ve reverted to my alternate method of instructing the Dots/Echoes. The messages are still appearing in the timeline. Iā€™ve implemented a variable that allows me to switch back to using the app if thereā€™s anything I can do to provide further diagnostics.

Sorry itā€™s not better news.

Andy

Hello, I have an issue with this app. When I try to add my Echo Dot 4 devices, the app shows ā€œno new devices found.ā€ I activated two-factor authentication on my Amazon account as suggested in this forum, but it did not solve the problem. Could someone please help me?

Hiya! Iā€™d love to get some support for the most recent generation of Echo Dot and Echo Show 8. I figure the old SVGs and images for the last gen should work right? they look Identical its just the antennaeā€™s inside that changed. How could I provide you with the rest of the info for it?

Alexa is finally available in Dutch on my Echo dot 2. All I had to do was say ā€œAlexa, switch to Dutchā€. Only spoken messages from a flow are not working anymore. Anybody an idea how I can fix this?

1 Like

Hello everyone :),

Iā€™ve been using the alexa app for over a year now and since yesterday I started getting errors in my logs (app simple syslog).
Audit check exception: [undefined] Checked using domain pitangui.amazon.com

Am I the only one? Iā€™ve tried restarting the app, disconnecting and reconnecting, but I still get these messages.
Iā€™m in test version 5.4.5

I canā€™t connect to Alexa. I can set it up, the access data is requested and then I have to enter the pin that I receive via SMS. This page reloads every 10s and when I enter the pin. I always get page not found? Does anyone know the problem?

Finally, in Dutch! Thank you for your post!
It works fine, but it changed to the female voice in Dutch.
Any suggestions to get the male voice back?

Have you checked out the FAQ section?

The new version 5.4.5 works fine. However I was wondering about one thing; I have an Echo (gen 5) that I had connected using the test version of the software. I seem to remember there were a generic choice that I used for a device not listed. Would it be possible to get the generic choice back? Or support for Echo (gen 5)?
Regards Tom

I have the same problem. I have an Echo Dot 5 that I cannot add to Homey. Previously I had a test version of the app where my Echo Dot 5 worked. Is there a way to add the Echo Dot 5 to the app again

1 Like

No, I use the female voice. My problem is I canā€™t make Alexa say anything in Dutch with the ā€œyour Alexa will speakā€ card.

The alexa speaks card will use the default voice/language of the devices ā€¦ I canā€™t think of a reason why that wouldnā€™t work. - What happens?

There is another card where you can select the voice/language, but obviously I havent added Dutch to that.

Hi,

will you also add the support for the new Echo Spot (2024)?

2 Likes