[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

@Jamie
Any chance you can take a look at this? Would be highly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, the problem has been occurring for a few days that the Amazon Smart Plugins no longer work.

These appear grayed out and a time out occurs if you try to control them.

I have already tried the following: Restart the app, reconfigure the app, delete the app, delete the smart plugin. I also once managed to add the deleted socket back. However, at the moment this is no longer recognized at all.

I can access the Echo devices without any problems.

There are others on the Homey forum who are experiencing the exact same problem, like Christian. Colleagues suspect that it could be due to a change in the API.

Best regards and thank you for taking care of this - it would be great if you could fix the problem

Hello all,
Just moved home and the new house hasnt been setup yet so I can replicate the issue
So thanks for the info, ill have a look and see if I can figure out why they no longer work.

So it Looks like amazon have added some sort of rate limiting to the devices endpoint.

But it is affecting both looking for new devices as well as attempting to control them, which makes me think something else is going on here. It is possible they changed their API and ill have to hunt down the new one which is … time consuming :

new devices

2024-06-21T13:26:13.214Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: No authentication check needed (time elapsed 201029)
2024-06-21T13:26:13.214Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: Sending Request with {"host":"na-api-alexa.amazon.com","path":"/api/phoenix?includeRelationships=true","method":"GET","timeout":30000,"headers":{}}
2024-06-21T13:26:13.540Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: Response: {"message":"Too many requests. Try again in some time."}
2024-06-21T13:26:13.541Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: rate exceeded response ... Retrying once in 57416ms

control a diffuser

17189767558 [trace] [Bedroom Diffuser] [execute] ✓
2024-06-21T13:32:35.761Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: No authentication check needed (time elapsed 583576)
2024-06-21T13:32:35.762Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: Sending Request with {"host":"na-api-alexa.amazon.com","path":"/api/phoenix/state","method":"PUT","timeout":10000,"headers":{}}}
2024-06-21T13:32:36.066Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: Response: {"message":"Too many requests. Try again in some time."}
2024-06-21T13:32:36.067Z [log] [App] Alexa-Remote: rate exceeded response ... Retrying once in 32667ms

I don’t know anyone else who is doing what I did here, but I wrote it many years ago now, so perhaps someone else now is? SO if you find someone else with this feature let me know and perhaps they have solved what is going on here already.

As of today, the connection to Alexa no longer works.

I just tested it, its working for me?

Yep, working here also. One thing I have noticed that I need to have North American servers selected even though I am registered in EU.

But not by me :frowning: And i can not repair.

And did you go to the app settings and reconnect from there?

Sorry, now it works again, but only the alexa works.

1 Like

You can also just hit the repair button from with in the device, and that will reconnect.

What else should work?

That’s interesting. It wasn’t working before, but now it’s working again. I dont know why…

Hello everyone, my Echo Dot has also been completely down for two days. It always gave me the 401-error message. I had to restart the app and log in to the North American server and it’s working again, even though I’m registered in the EU.

Same problem here. My Echo 4th gen keeps dropping connection every few hours. Repair fixes but that is a temp workaround and not a sustainable solution.

My lights (added as smart lights via the app) stopped working. I tried everything from reconfiguring, reinstalling, even removing them from Alexa and adding them back. When the lights were removed (actions 2 and 3) I wasn’t able to add them back to homey, because I got a timeout after 30 seconds when looking for devices. Any idea?

Yeah looks like we are all having that issue - I’ve not had a chance to investigate deeply.

1 Like

Hi all

I’ve installed Alexa app on Homey Pro but when try to add=>new devices=>Alexa there is no way to get the Echo dot (gen4) discovered.

What should i do?

Getting crazy…

Thanks,
Fabio

You have to wait for someone to fix this. For most it’s not working right now. Read the author messages above yours :slight_smile:

Quick question guys… there is no firestick integration correct ?

Hello All,
I am having an issue with my echo devices, not the devices connected through them. I am able to run most functions fine, including routines. The primary function that I want, that isn’t working, is “Speak, Announce, Whisper” on any of my 10 Echo devices. I keep getting the error “401 Unauthorized”. Thanks in advance for your help.