[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hello, none of the devices are working anymore. Tried to restart and repair devices but no luck. Are you experiencing the same?

1 Like

Smart Lights arent working anymore here. Restart, App Re-Install, Amazon Skill Re-Install. Nothing worked. Always failed network request in Homey when trying to add my Lamps back. Its time-outing after 30000ms.

2 Likes

This happen now and then. Think mostly due password 90 day limit with Alexa/amazon. Just choose a item that do not work. Then repair, new login and should be ok. If this dont work, go to app, alexa and restart app. Then repair again.

I lost all connect some days ago, did a repair on e wall switch that was linked via alexa. All ok after. Took a min. This happens logical enought every now and then. There is a 90 day limit on login to alexa/amazon. My guess this is the reason. Also, itā€™s for our own security. So Homey just need refresh login to connect again.

Unable to get Amazon Alexa Homey app to login.

Tried Edge on Win 11 and Win 10, Chrome on Win 10, in-private, turning off/on MFA in Amazon a dozen times, turned off Xfinity Advanced Security (have seen it cause problems before with other things). Restarted gateway, router, switch, Homey. Uninstall/reinstall Alexa app.

Wired computer on the same network (Homey is both wired and wireless). Tried iPhone app on same WiFi.

Get window to select region (US), then new window to 10.0.0.205:3086 just spins. Tried refresh/reload a million times.

Add 1st device (Echo Gen 3), same thing.

NOTHING WORKS! Been down for a month.

Homey skill in Alexa communicates with Homey, just not Homey to Alexa

Someone please help me get this logged back in so my announcements work again.

I had log in issues too, but not the same as you.

Iā€™ve switched to the free Voice monkey service that gives you web calls to run Alexa routines and make announcements.

Might be worth a try,

Andy

Whats your homeys IP address Troy?

Have your tried turning off MFA to connect then turning it back on?

10.0.0.205 (wireless). It is also 10.0.0.121 (wired).

Yes, turned MFA completely off and tried several times - no luck
Cleared all Amazon passcodes - no luck
Turned MFA on multiple times with only text OTP - no luck
Turned MFA on with just Microsoft authenticator app - no luck

I wonder if there is an issue because it is finding the wirelessIP but connected over the other?

Disable MFA
Disable Wired IP
Restart App
Connect the North America

If that doesnt work try this from Kevin

Got two ledvance WiFi spots that I used to control through Alexa. They stopped working and I cannot get them re-added after re-installing the Alexa app on homey.

Tried a new Amazon account, enabled 2FA (with Authenticator app) but still no luck. I can see and use both spots in the Alexa app just fine.
When trying to add the devices to homey I end up getting the 30sec timeout.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Having same issue, got 2 ledvance ceiling lamps, work fine in Alexa, but no longer in Homey. This just happend a few days ago. Done all suggestions above, but no change. Also have a fan that is controlled via Broadlink, and setup as a smart light in Alexa, same problem.

That seems to have been the cause. I should have realized that as I do computer support.

I unplugged the wired network cable
Restarted Homey
Went into App settings on the Amazon Alexa Homey app and was able to connect (still using MFA).
Then I was able to add my Echo device
Plugged the wired network cable back in
Restarted Homey
Fixed all of my flows using Alexa.

Thanks for the knock upside my head to make me realize the dual network connect was causing this!

Skdev

Are you by chance using BOTH wired and wireless network connections on Homey?

If so, see my post above

Hey,

No, I only have homey connected wirelessly.

Yep, same here a few days ago. Iā€™d say something changed in the communication between homey and Alexa. Tried around 5 different accounts already. Logging in isnā€™t an issue but it wonā€™t find any devices.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I recently purchased an Echo Dot (Gen3) to use for all my voice messaging. The Echo Dot has also been added as the only device/speaker in the Alexa app, however I am unable to add the Echo Dot to my Homey Pro.

My process:

Connect Echo Dot (Gen3), then select the server (have tried all three variants) and press ā€œclick to Connectā€, then the ā€œSign Inā€ window appears where I enter my login data, I am sent a confirmation code which I enter there and unfortunately the same result always appears: sorry, we couldnā€™t find that page. Try searching or go to Amazon Home Page. But this is also not found in the open window.

What am I doing wrong and can anyone give me any helpful tips? If I canā€™t add the Echo Dot to my Homey Pro, I will have to sell it again.

Many thanks in advanceā€¦

Wow, thank you very much ZvFreak, that worked really well. Add device, log in, enter code and the device is added to Homey Pro :wink: Thank you

Hello,

the sockets that were connected to Homey Pro via Alexa have no longer been active for a few days. However, only the sockets are affected for me. They are displayed in dark gray and there is a time out when selected. Restarting the app and maintenance/repair do not bring any improvement.
Greetings Chris

1 Like

Iā€™m currently rebuilding everything and the Alexa app is being removed again - itā€™s just too unreliable.

Exactly the same here, all my device connected through Alexa are ā€œOfflineā€, I canā€™t control them anymore.
I have tried to repair several times, disconnect and reconnect, restart the Alexa App, restart Homey and nothing, but still kan control everything from The Alexa App in my mobile so something is wrong between Homey and Alexa Network.