[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Habe ich versucht. Meine beiden Echo-Flex werden nicht gefunden.

I tried. My two Echo-Flex are not found.

HI,
looks great, but i come to page not found after i have put in the MFA.
Im using a Homey Pro

1 Like

The same here, I don’t manage to go further the double identification page

Ha… reading old messages on this thread, I found a workaround: ensure that in your Amazon account, you activated double factor authentification (OTP code).
I already had it when connecting to Amazon through a new device (it was requesting to enter a code from a received SMS), but the option was not activated. Activating it solved the issue for me !

Sorry the way colour work for Alexa devices (by name - light green, blood red, etc) is not compatible at all with the way you homey app manages colours (via a hue/saturation rub slider)

I’ve been meaning to creat a new flow for changing the colour to one of the very select/strict impossible options but I haven’t gotten around to it as I don’t use colour lights from Alexa to homey.

As for the “other” category rather then the “light” that’s a work around because despite repeated requests (from me) there is no way to flag a device to not be imported into Alexa. Meaning … if I make it a light and you have the Alexa integration as well as app … it will create a light on the Alexa …. Which will sync and creat slight on the honey … which will sync and create a light on the Alexa …. So on and so forth until the end of time. (Or until honey crashes … I suspect as I never tried it)

I highly recommend you ask Athom to add the ability to exclide device from homey just like they have an exclude from HomeKit

Hi, I’m having problems with the app.
This is the code for my report
1a7ccd11-7e72-467d-9593-36c4da927b2b

Thanks, I found another workaround, Loggin to amazon page first, Then paste paste the homey login page to the browser, no need for MFA then.

Hi there. Recently the Alexa keeps crashing. It is like once a day. I will have to restart the app in order for it to work again.

Is there an issue with the current version 5.3.14?

Would it be much effort to support Sonos Arc as well?

I cannot log in via this Alexa app.
I have a .de account. Set the app to .de an Europe/india but after entering MFA code i always get redirected to .com Amazon.
Of course it will tell me that the page can’t be found.
But what can I do?

@fisheromega try the work around one post before yours

Hey @Jamie I’ve been following this thread for a while now. Picked up a bunch of Echo Dot 5 on the Prime Week and I’ve been patiently waiting for an update to support them. I’ve since replaced all my remaining Echo Dots with the latest ones. It sounded like you had plans to support the Dot 5 fairly soon, but I’ve been looking at the changelog from time to time and no support yet. I realize you’re doing this in your spare time, but it would be really awesome if you could add support for it. I’m running an old echo dot in a corner to be able to connect to alexa at all right now.

@LimpRush

Gen5’s work fine with the experimental device which is available in the test version of this app.

I don’t recomend using the ‘experimental’ devices on the beta channel. They will be removed when the next stable version is released.

@Jamie any chance echo auto will make it in next stable. Currently using the experimental device to let it tell me it locked the house after I left. And a few more things Homey is unfortunately not compatible with android auto to get simple notifications. Would be a bummer if experimental get removed.

Happy to provide any details if needed.

I really like the Alexa integration! 10 of my Alexas are detected, but i miss my Echo Dot 5. generation. It would be great if this could be added.

1 Like

Hi, which Homey are you using with your Gen 5 ? And how can I get this experimental device ? Thanks a lot for your support.

Hi, do we know when next version will be relaeased with Gen 5 ?

2 Likes

you can find the experimental device in the test version on this URL:

Amazon Alexa | Homey

1 Like

Has the connection started to acting up for anybody else recently? The test version was pretty solid for me for the last 2 months, but now my devices become unavailable every 1-2 days and I have to manually reselect my server region and reconnect :frowning: Does anybody have a workaround for this?