[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hey. @Jamie Thx for the response.
Using smart plug.
Problem seems solved at the moment.
What i did:
Deleted 1 device and reconnect him to homey as smart plug like i did before. Suddenly all the other devices started working again.
@Mwinte maybe this is also a solution for you.

Hi, you do not have to remove. Just add, smart plug. Search then go back. My problem was local network. Added New 1000mb wifiā€¦ And Alexa Was on oldā€¦ So awitched Mob to old network, add smart plug and all was up running again.

There is a new test version of the Alexa App :

Hopefully this will remove the logger error from ā€˜otherā€™ device types, it also attempts to add a new type of Alexa Show 5 (gen2) devices. - @Cyril

Finally it also reduces the verbosity of the errors coming in, now that this version has had some testing.

2 Likes

Hi Jamie just wanted to say thanks for a great app, top work, I use it a lot.

Could you also add the Echo Show 10 gen 3 device please

Many thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have updated the app and submitted it for approval by Athom, when I lasted updated the app they mentioned that the app image (which is currently just a logo) doesnā€™t met their standards and the image should be "ā€œvisually appealing image that represents the brandā€.

I agree with them, however its not something I am capable of doing, I thought I would ask the community if anyone could help provide an image so I can continue to submit this app to the appStore

ā€” The App Image shows the brand logo without a background. This is not up to our standards. make sure to add a visually appealing image that represents the brand.
For more information and examples check our App Store guidelines section 1.4.2. App Images.

https://apps.developer.homey.app/app-store/guidelines#1.4.-images

Consider implementing the given feedback in your next update, to make the most out of your App Store page.

Resolutions for the app image:

• Small 250 x 175
  • Large 500 x 350
  • XLarge 1000 x 700
1 Like

Amazon press site has some branding images Devices
Maybe use one of those?

I looked for a press kit, but couldnā€™t find it, this is fantastic thanks.

1 Like

I have pushed the latest version to the public channel : Thanks @OH2TH

1 Like

New minor test version is out :

Adds new flows for the Echo Show 5 (gen2) (@Cyril this should fix your issue).

Thanks

1 Like

I confirm : the show 5 gen 2 have all ā€œThenā€¦ā€ actions !

Great ! Thanks a lot !

It would be brilliant if this could be added

@gy_1977 - please see the FaQ section on how to request a new device.

Hi Jamie this was my best shot. Where would I get an image

Hi Jamie, I am trying to add my Alexa echo dot (gen 4) as a device on Homey. However every time I look for it it tells me no new device found. I managed to add my echo dot (gen 3) with the blink of an eye.
I also tried to take the gen 4 closer to homey but that changed anything. My Alexa app is 5.3.8 and I am on new Homey Pro (2023) release. I am based in Germany Thanks a lot

How close an item isnt really important - so long as both devices have a good internet connection.

I would have to check, but I dont think that the app has support for gen 4 dots (or echos). I donā€™t own one myself, and no one has provided the information so I can add it.

I am thinking about how I cam make adding new devices much quicker and easier, but the downside is that all your current devices would need to be re-added. Not sure if it is worth it.

Hi I think the app has the option to add the echo dot gen 4 because it appears in the list of devices.
The one circled in red is what I am trying to add.
Thanks

There you go!

Thanks @GianmarcoCicuzza

Ill see if I cant figure it out later, if you restart your app wait for the devices to come online and thens end me a diagnostic report that may help me find the right ID for you. I will also need the name youhave called your Gen4 dot.

Thanks

Hi Jamie, the echo dot 4 gen is called Alexa Cucina.
Here is the report c912ff89-ef3d-4d99-ae40-1caf2b96a7b3

Since I am new - could you please advise on how to restart the app? Do I need to simply disable and re-enable or I need to disinstall and reinstall the app?

Thanks for your help

In regards to adding new devices Iā€™d certainly support this even if it means I need to re-add everything

It gets my vote

Appreciate the hard work @Jamie

I also agree, a version that detects the capability of the added device based on its api responses would reduce the need to create a version each time. For now you could start with adding a generic auto configured echo device and leave old old ones in.
Gives everyone time to switch