[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Yes it is possible, but at the moment I am focusing on updating it for the latest homeys, then updating my other apps. Once they are all out I will look at new features as I have time.

Speaking of which, I have pushed version 5.1.0 to the test channel, this is the latest version of the application, update to work on older Homey Pros.

This is a massive change to the underlying codebase, please let me know if you have any issues ::

4 Likes

Thanks !

Can’t wait to get the good version to download and make it work on my 2019 Homey :smiley:

New test version 5.1.7 has been released, this includes many fixes and improvements, if you are on the test channel I suggest updating as soon as possible.

• 10 of 15 bugs have been squashed
  • 6 of 8 Improvements have been made
  • 3 of 4 New features have been added.
  • 2 issues remain with in the homey code, which are awaiting on Athom to fix, the effect of these are
    • QuickActions are broken on the new app.
    • You are unable to add smart devices using the new app.
2 Likes

It’s still version 4.1.2 on the Appstore, I guess we just have to wait a little :slight_smile:

If you click the link I placed in it will take you to the test version, this release wont be going to the stable channel for a very long time.

Ooh… OK :slight_smile: I understood “don’t use the test version anymore, use the new one” :wink:

And… It’s working ! THANK YOU !

Testing a few behaviors and everythings seems back to normal :smiley:

Hello,

I have the new Homey Bridge with a premium account. Unfortunately, I can’t install your Amazon Alexa app on it. Always get the message “Amazon Alexa is not compatible with the selected Homey.”

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Charbel

@Charbel : This app is not available for Homey Bridge, it will only work with Homey Pro Devices.

Version 5.3 of the app has been released, it adds a new feature, you are now able to control the colour ambient temperature of smart lights.

3 Likes

@Jamie

I use your app nearly every day :slight_smile:

Could you possibly implement that all devices are addressed at once with one action?

e.g. “all your alexa devices will “announce / whisper…” “text””

Just for global announcements / global text features :slight_smile: so every alexa device speeks text :slight_smile:

I haven’t received any feedback, so my best guess is the application is now stable?

I will be moving on and working on my other apps.

Your app works perfectly,no disconnections and all options are available!Thanks so much Jamie👍

I am releasing the alexa app to the general public, this is version 5.3.3, please note that this is a big jump from the version that you have been using.

Version 5.3.3

• [Improvement] App update to run on SDK3
  • [Feature] App now works for Homey Pro 2023 and v10 of the application.
  • [Feature] The app will now update the timeline when it disconnects.
  • [Bug] When adding a smart device (or restarting the app) the device state will now be correct.
  • [Feature] It is now possible to use the device ‘repair’ to reconnect when the connect drops.
  • [Improvement] Better control over log levels.
  • [Feature] When adding an alexa light to homey, you can now control the temperature of the globe. (if supported)
  • [Improvement] The settings page has had several performance improvements.
  • [Bug] Fixes a bug which could crash the app after deleting an alexa device from homey.
  • [Bug] Fixed a bug which could stop the ‘play a song’ flow from working.
  • [Improvement] Listening to a connection is now based on events rather then polling, meaning it will now be much quicker.
  • [Bug] You no longe rhave to restart the app after changing the interval setting.
  • [Feature] Removed low priority settings from the settings UI for a cleaner interface.
  • [Bug] The routine autocomplete has been fixed (thanks kaoh)
  • [Feature] Added approx energy levels for alexa devices.
  • [Bug] Fixed a problem caused by an update by amazon, where smart plug had stopped pairing.
  • [Bug] Fixed a bug where people who added SonosOne devices a long time ago could have app crashes.
  • [Bug] Fixed a bug when querySmarthomeDevices which could cause a crash.
  • [Improvement] Remove On Connection Update - when app/device deleted
  • [Improvement] Update the device pairing screens and simplify the connection, to allow easier and quicker pairing.
  • [Improvement] Updated the device pairing screen to flow Athoms latest UI/UX recommendations
  • [Bug] Fixed a bug where manually disconnecting from the settings page could cause the app to crash.
  • [Feature] Added a new (much nicer) you can now close the window page. NOTE : This will be made available in the future as it is awaiting a vendor update.

Known issues / feature? : When hitting the alexa device tile from the app - it will start/stop the media on the device, there is a fix for this (if required) which will go out in the next release. Let me know which you prefer.

Ill be keeping a close eye on the errors.

7 Likes

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your work !

I try your app for TTS with Alexa because the new Homey pro 23 doesn’t have speaker anymore, and I wait for it in few weeks (days? ) :grin:

I have a problem to detect 2 of my Alexa’s :

• Echo show 5 gen2 : the app don’t detect it.
    Tried with different servers : the other Alexa’s are detected each time. Not the show 5.
    Reset show 5: same problem.

• I don’t have the “echo input” model in the list when adding a device.

Others are ok (gen2, dot2, flex)

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Sorry for not participating more this cycle, work kept me traveling so between travel (lockdowns also had a plus side) spend the time with the family.
I am running the latest builds, no real issues so far. Did loose authorized connection yesterday once but not sure if that was just a fluke.

@Jamie

Just a bow and a thank you for developing this.

Since probably the last update, I can no longer operate WiFi devices that are directly connected to Alexa on Homey. Echo devices do work.
Restarting the app and reconnecting did nothing. Neither does PTP. I then get the below error message.
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘logger’)
In the Alexa app on my cellphone they do work.
Anyone else having problems with this?
homeyVersion “8.1.3”
app version 5.3.3

1 Like

I get exactly same error and can’t control my wifi plugs, it’s happened a few times before with previous updates, usually goes away when I reinstall app but not this time.

Thanks for the update, I’ve been using it to update my Tplink plugs as well as a diffuser and humidifier.

Are you using the “smart plug” or “smart other”? And which devices is it?

Finally can I ask that you please

1- restart the app,
2 - attempt to change the plugs status
3 - get the error then
4 - create a application diagositic report
5 - add the note “smart plug not working”

That will help me find it. - thanks

Hi and ty for answer.

After removing, restart etc app… i got it back. I think i may have found reason… Every prolly 90 days or so… guess due login rules Amazon? the app loose connect and i need to “add” them again in homey app… Since i have a new network home… the refresh did not work. Had to connect to the same network that Alexa etc was on… then all smart plug’s was up running again.
Don’t know if this was the reason, but next time they disconnect i will try refresh/add them on the right local network first… Then i know :slight_smile: