[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

If i try to add a device it tryes to Connect But will Not Work
If i do a reconnect in the App itself. It Is connecting. If i Just Go on connect in the App Same Like If i try to add a device
I tryed to deinstall Same
IS there a way to completely disconnect from my Account !? Not only disconnect But deleted my Account inside the app

1 Like

It would also be just super nice with support of Echo Show 10…

… and thx for fantastic app :slight_smile:

I am not able to add Echo Show 5 (Gen. 2)

my usual Echo Dot is working but Echo Show 5 (Gen. 2)

at default alexa app it is reachable and everything looks alright

the homey app is always saying that there is no device found

1 Like

Sadly infinity loading screen for me. Error is 0feb02c9-8367-4f77-b74c-77d1d5e0ccf6

@Jamie

Sadly infinity loading screen for me…please fix. Thk

I have the same issue. The app cannot retrieve the device which works like a charm on Alexa own app.

After having some days without any disconnect, I’m loosing connection again every 1 or 2 days, now. I’m on v4.1.1 and have an Echo Show 5 (old one) and an Echo Dot.

As mentioned, the bug which is causing disconnects persists - no fixes for it have gone out - I just made the first connection more robust … which will degrade over time.

A new update has been released which includes a change to the polling by @Kaoh which may fix the issue.

It is available for testing here : Amazon Alexa | Homey

1 Like

I have to say the latest beta has been working very well for me, interested in how it has been going for others

2 Likes

Works great for me,i have one de-connection every 10/15 days.A pleasure to use this app!

1 Like

Been a long time since I’ve posted anything. I was too busy with other things. But I have to say since the last update I’ve disabled all my flows to make the app restart if something went wrong and haven’t had any problems in the meantime.
I would have liked to have asked you if there would be support in the future for the echo show 15.
Keep it up I’d say!
Thx @Jamie and @Kaoh!

2 Likes

Sounds good, for me its been solid since early aug, so good hopes it is for everyone.

2 Likes

I’ve just released a the version to the public channel, I highly recommend that everyone upgrade.

It would also be great if people could disable their restarts and work arounds as I suspect that this has now fixed the connection issue.

4 Likes

Hello,

I try to connect to the server since yesterday but impossible for me.
I have infinite loading after selecting “EU and India” server and then clicking “Click to Connect”.
I manage to reproduce this problem with “North America” ​​and “Far East”.

I didn’t have the app before logging in. I uninstalled and reinstalled it but the problem persists. I tried 5G and Wifi. A few months ago I had no problem logging in from the app. I am using the latest “stable” version.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

2 Likes

@DinoRayn Hi, first of all, you should always use the same wifi that Alexa and homey use. If you are out of your home (wifi o 5G) you can not connect. This is a prerequisite for ALEXA APP. When you are at home and connected with your wifi, it can happen that it doesn’t work. In that case I generally restart the app and try again. Generally then it works.

…and don’t forget to make a donation to the hard working guys. :smile:

1 Like

I go back to my previous comment.
For those who have the same problem as me, it’s just that you have to configure the “Amazon Alexa” application before you want to add a product.

You will not be able to configure the application (connection) during the process of adding a product.
Have a good day !

I might have broken the default settings object, that could explain this. Thanks for finding that solution :+1:t2:

It can not find devices who are connected and working like ceiling fan and xiaomi air purifiers within alexa itself. In the homey app. Just a time-out on adding other devices… No tiks to untik etc.