[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

You can‘t add every device that Alexa knows
They also work with apps only
For homey and Xiaomi purifier, you have to use Mi Homey from Homey Community Store
For some purifier it works

??? that looks like a store we can not acces in the app. Or is this the older version of the token based app who is was already aged and does not work anymore(v3.08 and 2 years outdated)?!
I checked that one but thats useless because of token retrieval is not working anymore as described.

A can luckily voice control the purifier with alexa. But i need the connection with homey.

Do you have clicked the link?
It‘s a alterante store
My Xiaomi purifies are working fine with this app
You have to find out the keys of the purifier with a special software and so you can add your devices. Google will help you

Hi. Still not possible to add an Echo show 5 (Gen 2) for me (i have the latest version of the app).
Even if it is proposed in the device’s list, the app says that no new device have been found.
Am i the only one ?

@Jamie
Yes please be so kind and add support for Echo Show 8 2nd Gen.
Br Manni

1 Like

yes i clicked. but the google thing is not what iam here for. I was looking and hoping for some more experienced referrals then the gg is you friend stuf.
Like i said before, without the explanation of versions difference, it looks even older and probably also outdated and therefor more risky. Its also the same author who left it abandoned on the primary app page for 2 years.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Maxmudjon — their last post was 4 years ago

1 Like

As stated by others, this app can not manage all possible devices supported by Amazon, which is now well over 120,000.

I was also pretty disappointed to see that the entire app was given a 1 star rating by you because of these ludicrous expectations. 100 developers working around the clock could not support that.

Shame on you @RayCokes,

Jamie your app is great,since the last updates no disconnections at all and i use your app for almost every my flows!5 stars!

3 Likes

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Jamie and the contributors for a great app! Thank you!

I also would like to encourage all that like the app to give it a positive review in the app store. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bought a Echo Show 5 second generation it’s connected to my Amazon account but I can’t add it in Homey. Alle other Alexa devices are connected.

1 Like

There have been a lot of requests for Echo Show 5 (v2). I don’t have this device, so it is painful for me to add it. Luckily how to add new devices is explained on the second post of the thread.

Can I add a new alexa device?

Yes I can add new devices, but I will require first the assets and device information in order to add it.

1. SVG of the new device in the same aesthetic as the other icons I have.
  2. An image of the device ideally 2000x2000px in the same aesthetic as the other images I have (white background etc).
  3. The name of the device, and its average power usage.
  4. The unique identifier of the device, I can normally find these out with some help and a diagnostic report.
  5. Someone to test each and every feature of the app upon new device and report back if any features do not work.

Will there be support for X?

See above

3 Likes

Yes I am aware that this application is not currently supported on the Homey Pro 2,

It is likely that I will update this app to be supported, but if we are really lucky perhaps I wont need to.

The introduction of Matter to Homey is really great we know for example that it means that voice commands to alexa will locally be directed to the Homey rather then going via the alexa servers.

However the dream of matter is so much more, technically the idea of using my app to control devices (switch/lights) added to your alexa becomes redundant as it will be so easy to add matter devices which can be controlled directly via Homey via Alexa. (or the other way around).

That removes one of the major use cases of this app and even expands upon it : no longer just simple light control and switch smart thermostats and other HVAC controls, smart shades, smart sensors, connected locks, and media devices, including TVs will all be supported.

It is also unlikely but possible that Alexa will open up their devices to the cast protocol for notifications, given a built in way to connect TTS.

I am hopeful, but if it comes it might be a while away. When I get some free time I will update the alexa app. Unfortunately I am going to be on holidays for several months between now and Jan 1st though, which will make timing tricky.

4 Likes

Thank you for all your great work on alexa !!- off topic, but I see you also make the fantastic app “Group”. Will you update that App to support the new Homey pro ??..I surely hope so, can´t live without it :frowning:
kind regards from RepairGuyDK (youtuber and fan from Copenhagen / Denmark)

Yes I will be also updating group app, when I get a chance can’t promise that both apps will be on sdk3 by the time the honey pro 2023 starts arriving at peoples homes.

But they will be (and some others) by the time the new homey is available on demand.

3 Likes

You are not alone!

Hi Jamie,
Would it be possible to add the new echo dot gen 5 with the motion and temperature sensor capabilities ?
It would be really great. Thanks in advance and thanks again for all your great job on this app.

1 Like

Yes he can.
But see below.

@Jamie,

As we know, the Alexa app is working beautifully now. It is several days between that I get disconnected.

However, it does occur and therefore I assume that it is not due to the Alexa app on the Homey, but rather something at Amazon?

Would any of you know if there is some set time for renewing credentials, or if one could enable extra “long” credentials for Alexa for homey, or if there is some system maintenance that I should do to prolong the time between disconnects even further?

For instance, perhaps many of you restart Homey every night and do not have this issue at all?

Once again I want to emphasize how much I like the Alexa app, but I also want to understand why I sometimes (silently) get disconnected.

Very interesting that you still get periodically disconnected. You do not get any errors? There is now and on error trigger in the app flow cards. See if those get triggered.
My current assumption is that this only happens when there is an instability on the internet connection and after being unable to validate the authentication status we mark it as unauthorized, in case of an error you might get a disconnect but the the reconnect button or flow can help out.
Silently should not happen, so see if either events are triggered in your case.
Are you on netgear wifi by any chance?

Who else still get periodical disconnects or unauthorized? Myself its now rock solid for months.