[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Tested Amazon Echo 2, Echo dot 3, Echo dot 4 (flows)

Flows Cards:
#Set volume to: :white_check_mark:
#Set relative volume: :white_check_mark:
#Next: :white_check_mark:
#Previous: :white_check_mark:
#Play: :white_check_mark:
#Pause: :white_check_mark:
#Toggle play/pause: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle on: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle off: :white_check_mark:
#Repeat: :x:
#Have a device report activities: :white_check_mark:
#Have a device run the command: :white_check_mark:
#Set a devices DND mode: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Sing a song: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Tell a story: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Fun fact: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Joke: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will play x on x: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will say a x phrase: :white_check_mark:
#Have a device start a x report: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will trigger the x routine: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will play the x sound: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will speak/whisper/announce: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will speak/whisper/announce: using x voice: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I’ve now been using the test version for a couple of days, and it is stable, no disconnects.

This version fixes some instability issues, and bring the app back up to its ‘normal state’ ie. it will still eventually disconnect I suspect work arounds are still going to be required.

However if your connection is highly unstable, I highly suggest trying out version 4.0.

I’ve just released version 4.0.1 and I am looking for anyone with a sonos beam/one to test, this version should fix an issue - which would have caused your app to crash.

3 Likes

Is that with or without the use of the “disconnect flow” that reconnects every 30 minutes.

1 Like

Very happy to see that developement is going on and that @Jamie will have help from @Kaoh!

2 Likes

For the people that install the 4.0.x versions that Jamie is releasing. Please disable your auto disable/renable flows. Then if you get one of these scenario’s please create a new error report and PM me or Jamie the error report guid. I need those to figure out what the state of the connection is when thise scenarios happen. Please specify the scenario # that you think is the relevant when sending the DM.

1. The app is authenticated, Alexa devices are not responding to actions (like speak or trigger routine), the flows do not generate an error.
  2. The app became unauthenticated, the reconnect worked to get back into authenticated state, the Alexa device still do not respond till the app is disabled/enabled again.
  3. The app became unauthenticated, the reconnect worked to get back into authenticated state, and the Alexa devices responded normally again
  4. The app became unauthenticated, needed to get a new token before the app became authenticated again.
  5. The app is still authenicated, but devices give an error when a routine or command is send to them

Since many of these issue happen after x amount of time its difficult to keep an active view on the log, so any logs like these could help me hunt the connection issues.

2 Likes

Convert your questions in a checklist, maybe it helps to identify the cases faster:

2 Likes

Just sent a crashreport in, seemed like Alexa wasn’t responding to commands anymore, gave an "app crashed notification in the app settings. Restarted the app, had to reconnect, after that everything worked fine again (v4.01)

Since the new versions 4 released,no disconnections in one week,hope it stay that way!
Thanks Jamie to make this great app alive😊

Hey there
Are there Plans to add Echo Show 5 Gen. 2 !?
How about the fire TV Cube ?!

I tryed to Connect my all fresh Show 5 Gen. 2
I connected to Amazon
But it is Not finding it …
Region ist Germany
Mike

Latest version now has a proof of concept for the show5.gen2.

Please note unless the following is sent to me, I will remove the device :

Can I add a new alexa device?

Yes I can add new devices, but I will require first the assets and device information in order to add it.

1. SVG of the new device in the same aesthetic as the other icons I have.
  2. An image of the device ideally 2000x2000px in the same aesthetic as the other images I have (white background etc).

1. The name of the device, and its average power usage.
  2. The unique identifier of the device, I can normally find these out with some help and a diagnostic report. done
  3. Someone to test each and every feature of the app upon new device and report back if any features do not work.

For those wondering if it’s worth moving to to test channel, I have now been connected for 9 days, including several updates.

It’s not solved but it is much better.

5 Likes

Hi Jamie,

Just tested Amazon Echo 2 (flows) with your 4.0.4 version. Thanks a lot for your continued support!
I also disabled the auto disable/renable flow so I can contact Kaoh with an error report when it occurs.

Flows Cards:
#Set volume to: :white_check_mark:
#Set relative volume: :white_check_mark:
#Next: :white_check_mark:
#Previous: :white_check_mark:
#Play: :white_check_mark:
#Pause: :white_check_mark:
#Toggle play/pause: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle on: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle off: :white_check_mark:
#Repeat: :x:
#Have a device report activities: :white_check_mark:
#Have a device run the command: :white_check_mark:
#Set a devices DND mode: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Sing a song: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Tell a story: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Fun fact: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will - Joke: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will play x on x: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will say a x phrase: :white_check_mark:
#Have a device start a x report: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will trigger the x routine: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will play the x sound: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will speak/whisper/announce: :white_check_mark:
#Your alexa device will speak/whisper/announce: using x voice: :white_check_mark:

The repeat function seems to be a challenge.

Hi
Picture ist the same then gen 1
The Power supply is 15W nothing else that I can find on Amazon’s page

I would test it
But as I am not that fit at the moment it could be a little delay between tests

What do you mean with latest Version now has proof …
I had no update and I still can’t find it :-/

Mike

Agree, it seems way more stable :+1:

My devices still keep discommcting although I have the lastest Beta version (and Homey 8.0.3).
Should I disable 2FA of my amazon account ???

But something else (didn’t read it all here) but ever user the additional/special method of an OTP/2FA key like login here described for Home Assistant : https://youtu.be/UsnhL2z_UUY?t=462

I just got a suggestion /idea : Athom should create a 2FA authenticator for Homey (internal) app’s use.

Thank you for your great work!

I have an Echo Show 8 Generation 2, would this be supported?

1 Like

Hi … Sry i have Just Seen that in the Update from 3 days ago the Show 5 Gen 2 is added … Thnxs for that !!!

I try to add it BUT IT IS Not finding my 2 Shows !
Alexa App ist installed and it is finding all my devices !!! And my 2 alexas
But the Alexa App on homey IS Not finding Thema
Ideas !?

See if the config is still good, go into the config to set the amszon server again

It Is still connected
I also reconnected
Still nothing :frowning:

I have got a problem with the Alexa then card “Speak Text”:

Sometimes there is a delay of nearly 60 sec until the text is spoken. Sometimes the text is spoken immediately. The notification check is sent immediately and the stopwatch stops 8 ms later each time. So I think it is maybe a problem on the Alexa side.

Any idea what the reason for the delay could be?