[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hi @Jamie, how can I send you a “direct message” with the details and the link to the images? I can’t find a way. :sweat_smile:

I’ve just read nearly all posts to find out how to do it, but haven’t found anything. Sorry & thx

Tap on the icon of Jamie and then in the upper right corner you see “message”

@JPe4619 Thanks, but I’m too stupid. I can’t find “Message”.

Thats comes directly when I click on the name:

And that when I go to the profile:

I just created my community account a few minutes ago. Do I have to write more to write “direct messages”?

Probably you are too “new” for DM, try the github url.
Or use the tag @Jamie

1 Like

I can’t find a way, not even on github. Im so sorry.
So now I try it here: @Jamie I would like to suggest the Libratone Zipp.

• Libratone Zipp 2
    Average power consumption: 13 watts

• Libratone Zipp 2 Mini
    Average power consumption: 11 watts

The images (SVGs and PNGs) can be found at:

I don’t know how to find the unique identifier.
Where can i find them?

Hi Jamie, apologies if this has already been mentioned but 810 posts are a lot to go through :slightly_smiling_face:
Every time my Homey restarts I have to log in Amazon again. I have generated a report 0bcbee7d-1b11-40ee-9950-de1dd7ec21c5 just in case anything interesting is in there.
The second problem is the connect procedure seems to use a local IP address so I can only do it from home.

That’s the screen I get after tapping on Connect.

@Davy_Vissers, does Alexa work on your Sonos speakers now? Have you found a workaround?
Alexa does not work on my Sonos One speakers at all.

To be honest I haven’t had the time (and forgot) to check up on this. I know Alexa works on the Sonos One itself.
I just tested it and I can connect it as an Alexa device to Homey, but the buttons do nothing an it doesn’t react to a flow.
But neither does my Echo Show 5.

I just tried again but now connected to the US server, instead of EU, and it works now.

Thx for reminding me.

Ok, thank you very much for the feedback.
Do I have to delete the devices and add them again?

Edit: I deleted one Sonos One and add it again. I also restarted the Amazon Alexa app. Nothing to hear (volume set high, of course).

I didn’t delete the Echo Show 5, but the Sonos One was already removed, so I had to add it again.

Did you switch region in de settings of the app? From previous conversations in this thread, if I remember correctly, this could solve it.

If you mean from Europe to US, yes I did.
Or do you mean to switch the region in the iOS/Android Amazon Alexa App? If so, where can I switch the region? Didn’t find any possibility.

Yes. Switching from EU to US.

I did, but it doesn’t work… :man_shrugging:t2:

hi, do you have seen the new echo dot and echo 4th generation? I’ve a question, the new echo, but also the older version, are zigbee router, do you think it’s possible using the echo to extend the homey zigbee mesh? thanks

Hi @Jamie and @Sven_B,

I have the same problem. I can find any routines and due to the stupid IFTTT pro, i really want this HOMEY-ALEXA connection to work.

@Jamie Can you take another look for us?

{"code":500,"error":"Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined","error_description":"Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined"}

and

{"code":500,"error":"Cannot read property 'logger' of undefined","error_description":"Cannot read property 'logger' of undefined"}

I am in The Netherlands and tries all servers. Everything else works (play music, announce etc) great, but the Routines aren’t found,

The second problem is the connect procedure seems to use a local IP address so I can only do it from home.

Its not possible for the app to work remotely as it creates a proxy server to connect to the amazon servers, to gather the credentials.

Please ensure that you have named your routines.

+1 Still having this problem. Tried every suggested workaround (switching servers, calling routine action twice).

If localization is a factor, I’m sitting in Norway using a German Amazon account.

hello, I use multiple Amazon Alexa accounts and I can only connect one account at a time. would it be possible to start several instances of the application to manage different accounts?

Sorry @thierry_arguimbau I don’t have any plans to add this feature as its a significant time investment for an edge case.

I hope you understand.

1 Like