[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

@Jamie Seems to work fine for me too with the latest release version. Am using EU Servers.

Hi @Jamie,
I created a flow which notifies me when the server disconnects.
After it happend i created a diagnostic report.
190a7f59-69a8-44fc-a53f-3e016c4eb7fd

Hope it helps
Thank you in advance,
Ron

Hello Community,

I haven’t read about this, so if the question was already asked: sorry for that.

I have multiple Echo devices. Now I have differente use cases where I need several Echo devices to tell me something. E.g. the washing machine finished its job than I want the Echo devices in the bathroom, the livingroom and my office to react and tell me the laundry is done.

But here is my issue: I created three flows. One for each Echo device.
If washing machine is finish, let Echo living room say something
If washing machine is finish, let Echo bath room say something
If washing machine is finish, let Echo office say something
As long as I trigger the Echo device in only one room everything works, but as soon as all three flows have to start nothing happens. I assume, that each flow causes issues on the server of Amazon and no Echo device is reaction anymore to any flow. Is there a workaround for triggering several echos to say something?

Regards
Andreas

correct, to many events put the alexa api in hokd back mode or something.
what i did is:
create a routine in my Alexa App:
name: homey says washmachine done
use the Announce action and tell the message i want to hear then you can select All or several echo devices.

this works perfectly, a bit annoying to create a routine per message, they go in sync

From homey you then use trigger routine to get the message when you want it

1 Like

Thank you Kaoh,

your workaround just…worked :slight_smile:
Great tipp.

Regards
Andreas

Hi, just asking. Is there any news on the “trigger routine” problem? Can I do anything to find the bug?

Hey Sven,

Sorry as far as I can tell it only seems to be effecting you, unless others come forward and I can find some sort of pattern it is near impossible to find the issue.

Sorry

@Kaoh - really nice work around, thank you for sharing, it actually makes me wonder if there is perhaps a whole different way I can go about getting ‘real’ annoucements… ill have to check it out next time. - Thanks

Hey Jamie

I totally understand that. There must be something wrong in my
system. I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for all the good work.

Sven

Jamie Peake via Homey Community Forum writes:

Hi everyone
I have a problem:everyday,i have to restart manually the app because my flows with the option"alexa say" doesn’t work,all my Alexa devices(3 echo dot and 1 echo show8) seems not respond,i click on the device and try an action(weather,traffic,news) but no answer…
i try to create a flow for restart the app every 12 hours but it’s not working,i have to do this manually and then my device works again…anyone have this problem?
I am on the europe server(French),i try the 2 others server but not working…

show your flow please

As far as I can see (I don’t speak France), looks good, sorry no idea why this would not work?

Some one else?

Thanks for your answer,
and for you,you never have this problem?devices doesn’t responded or the app disconnected?Sometimes i have to re-logging to the app.

I don’t use this as I have no Alexa, and I have no Apps that need to be restarted.
Maybe @Jamie has some answers?

i have to restart my alexa homey app once a week or two. but never re-login etc

1 Like

I habe the Same problems now. A long time ago i had to restart via flow once a day. But now this won‘t work. Every 2 Hours i am now trying.

With manual Start it works, but it seems Not with a Flow. Strange.

Very strange,since 3 days my restart amazon app flow works…I don’t know why ,I haven’t change anything.
Try to wait few days maybe it will works too.

1 Like

Good idea about the “Restart the Alexa App every day”.
I had to create this flow, otherwise the app is not working well… waiting for the next release :crossed_fingers:

Okay, so I finally made some time to really dig into this problem…

From conntrack events on my firewall I noticed that homey was attempting DNS lookups at addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (why??? It gets it’s DNS settings from DHCP which point to my local Ubiquiti USG).

Turns out I was using a port security profile from my internet provider that only allows DNS queries to servers provided by my own ISP. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are unreachable with this profile.

Changed the profile to a slightly less secure setting: now all is well; all four echos have remained online for almost 2 hours now: that is significantly longer than I have ever experienced before…

So, fingers crossed, hopefully this fixed my problem.

In the last week I had 2 disconnects from the US servers. Manual reconnect fixed it but I had not seen this in a while…