[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

3.4.6 is now available for testing

This fixes and an issue with people connected to far east server and increases the timeout when requesting routines.

Let me know how you go @viix

1 Like

I’m using the North American server as Alexa isn’t available in Singapore unfortunately.

Only with this version does the connection work again for me. Thanks for your work!

The app (v 3.4.500) doesn’t find any Alexa routines. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Sven

@Sven_B Please see the release notes for 3.4.6 - 2 posts above yours

Just tap twice to the routines :slight_smile: And you can find it.

Thanks for the answers, but still no luck. Maybe I misunderstand something. The FAQ says routines have to be named. I take this that they have a name in the usual Alexa settings (where routines are created). Or is there anything naming to do in homey’s alexa app, that I miss?
Here is what I do:

1. Create new flow
  2. In “then” part choose one of my Echo dots
  3. Select “trigger routine”
  4. Hit “name of the routine”
    After less than a second a black screen saying “no results” appears. Hitting “name of the routine” a second (third, fourth) time, the same screen comes up immediately (no 0.5 second delay).

So, you need to fill this first than check the Routine menu twice, in the Flow.

Sure. I have lots of Alexa routines. All have names like “welcome to bathroom”. But none is found in homey’s alexa app. Could it be the server? I’m on EU/Asia (Amazon.de).

Mybe Server, I always use America for sure.

Ok. Then Jamie needs to look into this. Please tell me what I can to to help.

1 Like

@Sven_B did you update to 3.4.6 as I suggested as it increases the time out?

And when you are with in the homey flow, you start typing the name of the routine what actually displays, perhaps with screenshots of both your Alexa routines and what happens in Homey we can help?

Sorry, I forgot to say that. Yes, I updated to 3.5.6 immediately after you suggested it.
Your second question confuses me. I’m not able to type anything. Hitting the field named “Name of the routine” immediately triggers the unsuccessful search. Short or long pressing makes no difference. No cursor or keyboard ever show up.
If this is different for others, it may be connected to my localization, perhaps? I use a German language system. I can’t think of anything else. Can’t be a wrong installation, I guess. Same behavior since my first attempt which was three version upgrades ago.

3.4.6 of course.

Here are the screenshots:

1. Definition of the routine I would like to trigger (Alexa app on Android)
  2. Card with the flow action before hitting the “name” field (homey app on Android)
  3. After hitting the name field (the German message in the middle means “no result”)
    Hitting the back button returns to picture 2.

Hitting the name field, only opens the search dialog. Clicking on the field at the bottom allow you to then Search.

Please look carefully at the images -

Maybe by typing the routine’s name you mean the search field in the empty results screen. Here is a screenshot. Nothing happens when I start to type something. Wanted to post this image yesterday but could not due to the forum’s restrictions (max 3 pictures).

Does the same thing occur when you attempt to alter upon the website?

(try with just one letter like “A”)

Good idea. Never tried before. As soon as I try, an orange popup appears saying “Cannot read property logger of undefined”. When I start to type in the search field, it pops up again, this time saying “filter” instead of “logger”.
I have to mention that my Echo dots have quitted to answer to other flows yesterday (“Play music” etc.). It may have to do with yesterday’s upgrade to 3.4.6. Let me install again and see if the same popup appears when the Echos are actually working.

OK, after reinstalling 3.4.6 the Echos are working again. But the “Trigger Routine” problems remain. On the web interface the already mentioned orange popups come up whenever I hit a key on the keyboard. Here is a screenshot after typing several keys.