[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Got it. Installed it and this fixed my problem

1 Like

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for this great app.
I would like to ask you the possibility of integrating support for the following devices:

1. TCL TS8011 Soundbar (https://www.amazon.co.uk/tcl-ts8011-soundbar-with-built-in-subwoofer-fire-tv-edition/dp/B07WDHX4PG/)
  2. Echo Input (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Echo-Input-White-audio-input-Bluetooth/dp/B07C7MSKPD/)

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @SandroMari80 please see the FaQ (top of the thread) on whats required to add a new device.

Thanks

Hi Jamie,
thank you for your reply.
Concerning the first device I will try to found all the necessary information as soon as possible. Regarding echo input, I refer to what you find circled in the picture that you have published among compatible devices but I cannot find it among the devices proposed by your app when adding a new device. Let me know if you need anything for this too. No problem for me to test your developments. Thank you!

Thank @Jamie, this update works with the echo devices. But my other devices added to Alexa always gets timed out why trying to re add them to homey.
I have quite a bit of devices within Alexa so Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s the timeout causing the issue? Previously I could add them with an earlier version of your app.

Hi Jamie, Iā€™m trying to trigger an Alexa routine from Homey. But no routines show up in the list. Did I miss something? In the FAQ I only found the hint that routines need to be named in order to show up. My 20+ Alexa routines are all have a name. But the list poping up when ā€œtrigger routineā€ is chosen in a homey flow stays empty.

Iā€™m using the testing version of your app (due to the latest problems connecting to Amazon discussed here).

Thanks for help, Sven

hey Vix it shouldnā€™t be related to timeouts, but Iā€™ve never tested it with lots and lots of devices,

Or When you say ā€œother devicesā€™ do you mean ā€˜other smart devicesā€™? Are these devices you have previously added to Homey?

Hey Sven, have you typed the name of the routine into the screen which pops up? It will remain empty until you type.

Alexa mostly is crowded with Hue (and some irritating philips hue duplicates that get added without any skill which amazon CS still cant solve for me)

The particular item Iā€™m trying to add is a sonoff POWR2, which is linked to alexa via the ewelink skill. Iā€™ve previously added it to Homey via your app and works great. Now that Iā€™ve reinstalled the app, attempting to add that devices.
Tried all possible options, Smart Lights, plugs and other. All returned a timed out after 30000ms although the elapsed time is less than that.
The amount of device in alexa is the same then and now so not sure why this would be so.

Hi @Jamie,
I have no problems connecting with the latest test version, but i have to manually connect to the North American service every day.
This was not the case, do you know what/if something has changed?

Thanks,
Ron

Vixx - Not sure, it is working for me, are you certain you are connected to the correct server etc?

Sorry can you elaborate on what you mean by you have to connect them to the North American service each day?

3.4.5 is now available for testing.

Its my hope that this version will allow people to connect to amazon with out requiring you to delete the app and reinstall it.

If you have not previously updated and your unable to connect, please let me know if you can connect after updating.

Thanks

Hi Jamie,
Yes i am sure using the right server.
What i mean is that the app is disconnecting every day (red exclamation marks near Alexa devices), and have to press connect + password at least once each day to make it work again.
This is behaviour i did not see before the ā€œCooky problemsā€ started.

Thanks.

When you press connection once a day, you then have to re-enter your password or not? Do you have a flow which restarts Homey nightly? Or one which restarts the app nightly?

Yes, i have to re-enter my password.
No, homey and/or the alexa app do not restart nightly. Only manual when needed.

Just now i had to re-enter my password after approx. 1 hour again.
I just updated to the latest test version, let me see if this helps.

Happy to report that with the new 3.4.5 update, all my devices on Alexa are able to be added to homey with no time outs!

Hi @Jamie,
Now with this update (3.4.400), Iā€™m able to connect to amazon website while I could not with the old one. All my devices are available.
Great job :slight_smile:
Thanks very much .

1 Like

I can confirm. With 3.4.5 i can connect to Amazon without delete any device oder app and also without a homey restart. Thank you for fixing!

1 Like

Hi @Jamie,

Unfortunately, also with the latest version server disconnects still there.

3rd or 4th time today have to manually re-connect

I think this might be a localised problem Ron, if you every notice that it has gone offline with in the last 5 minutes (there should be a flow action for it) please immediately send me a diagnostic report. I need to figure out if it is your wifi, homey, internet or alexa device which is disconnecting.

Thanks @azid @Moussa_BA @viix - I really do appreciate you taking the time and risk to test these changes for everyone!

1 Like

No, thank you for taking the time to make and update the app!