[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Yes, for me it did, you do have to setup the devices again afterwards and update all the flows that use the Alexa devices (delete the old card, put the new card in again). 1 thing doesn’t seem to work that is to connect devices through the Alexa, so for example an apple TV could be connected to homey before, since it was connected on the Amazon devices, but it cannot be found now, i’m sure thats just a minor bug and will be resolved soon. @jamie is super quick, already fixed in the latest testversion 3.4.4

All other things seem to work pretty well (see list above)

As some of you noticed, I released version 3.4.4 was released to the test channel.

Reports have shown that this does fix the issue people have been experiencing however it requires that the app be uninstalled / reinstalled. As I have mentioned before I cant reproduce this error, so I can see why an reinstall is required. It might be possible that I could add a feature to the settings page which will completely destroy the cached settings with out meaning you need to re-add devices/flows. Ill look in to it.

@Chris_nl when you say “connect devices through the Alexa” no longer works, I am guessing you add a ‘other smart home device’? image

2 Likes

** when you say “connect devices through the Alexa” no longer works, I am guessing you add a ‘other smart home device’? image**

Correct

Will test the 3.4.400 too and see if updating etc works

Updated version 3.4.3 to 3.4.4 which worked great, no need to uninstall between those versions, no need to reconnect, just works out of the box :+1:

The adding other smart home devices though your Amazon also works again in this version (3.4.4) :+1:

Great job @Jamie

1 Like

Hi Jamie,

I’m using echo dot gen 3. Uninstalled and updated to v3.4.4. Now login works fine, and I found the echo. But it doesn’t respond on the flows I’ve tested (speak, play sound and routines). None of my routines appear (when creating a flow). And can’t find any lights either.

Thanks for all the work you put in to this!

for me to find routines i need to use the search first, it doesnt display my routines till i search.

I’ve tryed that. Nothing appears even if I write the exact name of the routine.

Did you connect to the right server? this happenened to me with a previous version too, switching servers helped, to be honest i even think i switched from Europe to USA, both didn’t work, switched back to Europe and it did (been awhile, so not 100% sure), but could be worth a try. No need to uninstall or even delete devices for this, just go to app settings, click disconnect, then connect again. Hope it helps

Thanks for the tip. But unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work. I’m using the EU server.

I remember I had the same problem the first time I was using this app, but suddenly (after days of trying) I found them. I don’t think I was trying anything I haven’t already tryed. So maybe I should just give it some time :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @ElMorto I think Chris is suggesting that you connect to the US server then back to the EU server.

If you could take a screen shot of your routines.
Restart the alexa app, wait for the devices to come online.
Add the flow and search for your routine, then immediately send me a diagnostic report.With a message about what the problem is.

This hopefully will hold the information so that I can then find out whats going on.

Thanks

Hi

Yes, that’s what I was doing.
Just tryed out your suggestion now. But unfortunately with the same result.

Diagnostic report: 56277a33-c9ce-4e2a-99df-f16e08cf893d

This is what I did:
-Disconnected from the EU server.
-Connecting to the US server.
-Connecting to the EU server.
-Log out of the Alexa (mobile) app, and closing it.
-Restart the Alexa (homey) app.
-Login to the Alexa (mobile) app.
-Login to the Alexa (homey) app, EU server.
-Search for new devices and try to create a flow triggering routines (searching for a couple of different routines, writing both just the first letter and the exact name).

This is what (doesn’t) happen(s):
-When searching for new devices

• None of the lights are found (ends in “Timed out after 30000ms.”). Tryed to search for “Smart light”, “Smart plug” and “Other” (they are showing as “Smart light” in the Alexa (mobile) app).
  • The Echo (gen 3) shows up right away.
    -When creating a flow triggering a routine, none of my routines appear when I’m searching for them.
    -When I try to click on “Weather report”, “News report” or “Traffic report” from the device menu, nothing happens. (But I can play music from the spotify (homey) app, so there is a connection somehow).

Hope this helps you figuring it out.

Hey,

I just got everything to work now. Both the lights and routines. :slight_smile:

This is what I did:
-I uninstalled the alexa (homey) app.
-Installed it again.
-Started to search for lights.
-Connected to the North America server (Doesn’t make sense, since I’m based in Europe, and been using the EU server until now).
-Found all the lights and tryed out the routines from the echo, and everything works fine.

It keeps on asking about the cookies. I have them in my hand and gave one to homey and alexa each. why can’t we be friends?

Same here, set my browser to accept all cookies. But this doesn’t help either.
@Jamie do you have a solution yet ?

During a login to alexa.amazon.com i had to change my password because of suspicious behaviour, so i changed it around and tried to connect the homey app again, filled out username and password, got the “cookie-page” closed that one and now it’s in a white page showing “waiting”, pretty sure this is an Amazon page, but can’t get past that. Any ideas? (and all worked fine before)

Update: Full uninstall of the app and reinstall fixes it, but still pretty strange

1 Like

@Jamie @Chris_nl this doesn’t work for me. Still the same issue.
Does not mather if I select US server or EU

My solutions wasn’t specific to your issue, i had a couple of other issues that were fixed by the things i discribe in the update messages. The cookie issue seems to be something else, although i haven’t had that issue in a long time, so could you check which version of this app you are currently running (is it the newest one, 3.4.400)?

No is this a beta ? the app store shows version 3.3.700

Yeah, the whole app is still in Beta, try this one: https://homey.app/en-au/app/com.amazon.alexa/Amazon-Alexa/test/

First just try to install and see if that worksif not, you might need to uninstall the app, then install it again

1 Like