[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

it acts like this:

i needed to re-auth after it stopped working.

i restarted the app and my devices stayed disconnected. i went to app config and started the login procedure.

i enter user and password pressed login and the page reloaded without any message. tried again and then i got a ‘something wrong with email or phine number’ message.

trying several times refirects to a real amazon page for otp based reset password procedure.

that repeats :pensive:

Same story here, I can’t log in the EU server: "There was a problem"
I restarted the Alexa App (v3.3.7) but still doesn’t work anymore.
Thanks.

The same at me

yes, it is a variety of devices like a rolling, lighting switch, which are recognised and functioning perfectly on Amazon Alexa

What happens if you pick the US server? (no worries, you can always disconnect and reconnect again to the EU server)

Exact same issue with the North America Server: « There was a problem ».

@Ablanc - There are an infinite amount of ways a developer can ‘structure’ a device when they create their alexa skill. As such I can only support ‘standard implementations’, for now that is :

Alexa smart home device of type “SMARTPLUG” which must have the turnOn and turnOff ability

or

Alexa smart home device of type “LIGHT” smart home device which can have a turnOn and turnOff OR a setBrightness AND rampBrightness

or

Alexa smart home device of type “OTHER” which must have the turnOn and turnOff ability

If your alexa smart home device doesn’t meet one of the above three criteria, then I cant add it. While it is my hope to add more generic types in the future heaters/cameras/thermostats or more properties and operations, its really difficult and custom capabilities are likely to never be supported.

That All said, as always there is a work around, if you create a routine for each action on each device you can use my app to trigger said routines.

1 Like

Having the same login problems. Even though my account login is correctly entered, it shows

There was a problem

• Enter a valid email or mobile number

After a few tries it prompts for otp reset of the account.
I see the cookie being unable to be store from the adding devices on the developer page. Enabling doesnt change anything.

Same problem here. EU Server with 2FA

I get this, anyone can help for me? I have 2FA on my account.

1 Like

Just ran into the very same problem here with EU server.

@jamie I got the same problem. “enter a valid email or mobile number”.
When doing so it says my credentials are invalid.
I can login to the amazon and alexa pages with these credentials.

Hi.
since yesterday the app stopped working. Login fails telling me wrong email or password. After retry for 5 times I could log in but ended up at a lost page. Neither server works. App worked fine till yesterday. Any idea?

Looks like something got changed on the Amazon servers, Had a steady working setup, didn’t make any changes and now my devices are disconnected. New setup gives the above problems.

I have the same issue. I fill in the correct mail en password and I get “There was a problem Enter a valid email or mobile number”

Hey Everyone, if you have an issue, could you please specify as much detail as possible.

Which server are you connecting to. When was the last time it worked. Did the app disconnect or did you restart homey?

So far I think this is only affecting EU users?

Thanks

Hello Jamie,
I’m using EU server and I did not meet any " big" issue before this new one, the account problem.
I faced it without restarting homey. I changed my password a several times without success.
If I use my logins with amazon website it works as well, the connection I mean.

I just tried again and the Nort American server worked.

Hi Jamie,

Also US account users are affected.

This happens with me:

1. Try to login US server, amazon app (Android Amazon shopping app) opens.
    Error Something went wrong is shown.
  2. If i try to connect again the error is shown right away.
  3. If i now restart your alexa app, i connect again by choosing US server. Now i am connected and cooky is received successfully.

Hope this helps.

Update: after couple of hours stops working again. Not possible to authenticate and restart app does not work.
Throws me to this page :
https://www.amazon.com/ap/maplanding? (lots more text).

Even if I restart the homey amazon app, the connection still fails on EU server.