[APP][Pro] Alsavo Heat Pump for Swimming Pools

1. The time did not seem consistent, and it may be one of my random interactions with the app or alsavo app that “woke it up” again. Perhaps 20-30minutes yesterday.
  2. Oh, noisy is not a capability, i just call the insights graph of the temperature “noisy” bacause of the low interval and noisy sensor-data. Sorry about the misunderstang. Also english is not my first language.:sweat_smile:

Christopher, is your Alsavo app (not the Homey app) working when you turn off wifi at the moment? i.e when you are accessing it remotely, not from your local network?
best regards

Yes it is - perfectly!
(When I am out of the local network kilometers away , but of course the pump itself is connected by WiFi!!)

Christopher Charpentier

Hi Gal

Can you confirm whether you have received a diagnosis report from me? because when I sent it I got a red banner in the Homey app, I think it said “Rate limit”

Kind regards, Michael

I didn’t get anything lately.
When did you send it?

Half an hour ago.

When I try to send a diagnosis report I get this error message “Rate limited”

I cannot turn the heat pump on and off through Homey. It is no reaction. It works fine if with some other Shelly relays through Homey

Never seen that…
Strange…
Will take a look later tonight.

Can you try restarting your homey? They say it can solve the rate limit issue

Got your report.
Your device is not communicating to the app.
Does it respond to the smartphone app?
If yes, can you please disconnect your phone from the wifi, and try communicating with the device through the cellular network?

I have now restarted Homey app, and there are still no contacts to the heating pump.

I have try to send a diagnosis report and got this message in Homey: “send this code to developer: 757a6686-5d80-43d9-9275-77b46822e76b

As you can see on the 2 screen photos, there no connection to heating pump.

Got your report.
Your device is not communicating to the app.
Does it respond to the smartphone app?
If yes, can you please disconnect your phone from the wifi, and try communicating with the device through the cellular network?

I have restarted both Homey and the heat pump. If I switch off wifi, I cannot get in touch with the heat pump in the Alsavo app. if I switch on wifi I can contact the heat pump in the Alsavo app but not through Homey.

What exactly is happening?

Hi Michael, i had -presumably- the same issue many times. Conclusion so far that it’s a interruption of the Alsavo cloud service. The Homey app is using this cloud service to communicate with the heat-pump -and not trough local wifi (yet :slight_smile: ). That is why you are able to connect with the Alsavo app when you are on the same wifi - the alsavo app is using local connection and not cloud (when you are connected locally that is)

Hi Mainnsto.

Thank you for your post. But how do I solve the problem that Homey cannot communicate with the Alsavo heat pump?

It is not solvable until Alsavo cloud service is up and running again. In other words, when the Alsavo app will work remotely (or not connected to home wifi) the Homey app will also work. This is not the fault of the Homey app.
Alternatively, in the case Mr. Carmeli will implement a method to connect to the heat-pump locally in the app :wink: then it will work, however the requires some extra development-work. If we are lucky, it will happen :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the explanation. Then I understand why it doesn’t work at the moment :wink:

@Mainnsto - thanks a lot for explaining to the forum.
Indeed, the testing by several different users shows that accessing the device through the cloud seems to be unreliable. It’s not the same for all users, but I have quite a few users reporting it.
Since the Homey and the device are usually on the same LAN, I am implementing the ability to access the device by using the internal IP of the device on the LAN instead of going through the cloud.
It will take me a few days (the implementation is not very trivial). Once I am done, I will update the test link with a new version supporting local IP.

In the meantime, a question to the entire forum:
Are you familiar with the IP address of your device?
Does anyone has a good an easy way to determine the device’s IP address?

For me accessing Alsavo app is working (from outside) and the Homey app is doing the same. I don’t know why some have problem. If Alsavo works the app must work.
Perhaps WiFi quality is a possible cause …

Christopher Charpentier