[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

So for the Zigbee Tuya devices, you need a Tuya Zigbee hub?

do you have a tuya Zigbee hub? if yes can you share a model?

Yes. Or use the Tuya Zigbee app.

When should we expect devices that we’ve submitted, to start being added please?

Doekse,

I have the following Tuya devices in my network that I would like to operate via the Homey:

Aantal Functie Device ID Product Online Status
1 Alarmsystem bf648ba2f34fd1e519h3j7 STANIOT智慧安全面板TP型V2.0 CB3S Online
1 Camera inside bfd6963676b0d4f47etcjl 【FH-8626+2006】-P45DF2 无人型,不支持检测移动 Online
2 Dual build in dimmer bf4994fadf5414d960gg1m NHZS-105B-2路调光模块 Online
1 Dual build in switch bf9d7f8e5b7a4ff125trhs NHWZ-两路通断104B双模款 Online
4 Single build in dimmer 321728022462ab4dee7b NHZS-1路调光模块-105 Online
7 Single build in switch bf094f648f28163f1ebgvb NHWZ-104 通断器双模–二次升级版 Online
1 MiBoxer gateway bf2d304cdc9568e198hxea 2.4G Gateway Online
4 Smart socket bf896052ae597a57b6vjpa Aubess Smart Socket EM Online
1 Zigbee gateway bf8c304f9fef5a758ej1kq Wired Zigbee gateway Online
1 Zigbee inbouwschakelaar bfac6da9f0bec55ba2kbdw 1CH Zigbee Switch Module-L Online

Now I have installed the Homey CLI with the Docker and Javascript, and can also log in to Homey via the Command prompt. However, that’s where it ends, probably something still needs to be done to retrieve further information from the modules, but I have no idea how.

Can I find that somewhere?

I also have a single switch, a double switch, a single dimmer, a double dimmer and a Zigbee switch as a spare in the house, which I can also send to make the adjustments in the app if that is useful.

Yours sincerely,

Ron Moné

Ron,

Create a new issue here (one for each device seems logical)

There’s a guide present in the new issue template

I’ll quote it here fyc:

To request a new device, please run the Tuya app locally using Homey CLI.

$ git clone git@github.com:athombv/com.tuya.git
$ cd com.tuya
$ homey app run 

Then pair a ‘Light’, even if your device is not a light. Watch the logging closely for Device: and copy-paste the JSON in this issue.

Without this information, we cannot add support for your device, and the issue will be closed.

For example:

2024-06-06T14:11:59.852Z [log] [Homey:xxxxxx] [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:light] Device: {"active_time":1717491339,"biz_type":0,"category":"dj","create_time":1717491339,"icon":"smart/icon/bay1582725542891RIK5/42feb5d93f5e13800cf2ade23ea49459.png","id":"xxxxxx","ip":"xxxxxx","lat":"52.25","local_key":"xxxxx","lon":"6.3","model":"SH.63.204","name":"G95 Gold","online":true,"owner_id":"xxxxx","product_id":"xxxxxx","product_name":"G95 Gold","status":[{"code":"switch_led","value":true},{"code":"work_mode","value":"white"},{"code":"bright_value_v2","value":223},{"code":"temp_value_v2","value":0},{"code":"scene_data_v2","value":"{\"scene_num\":1,\"scene_units\":[{\"bright\":200,\"h\":0,\"s\":0,\"temperature\":0,\"unit_change_mode\":\"static\",\"unit_gradient_duration\":13,\"unit_switch_duration\":14,\"v\":0}]}"},{"code":"countdown_1","value":0},{"code":"control_data","value":""},{"code":"remote_switch","value":true}],"sub":false,"time_zone":"+02:00","uid":"xxxxxx","update_time":1717671377,"uuid":"xxxxxx"}

Finally, please link to more information about the device, e.g. the manufacturer’s website.

Be prepard to wait a few months and for no one to reply to you with a timeline or any information for that matter, regarding the actual process for adding new devices to the app.

(Note: The Tuya Cloud app is still available for daily use imho)

Yeah, the Tuya project it seems a bit lost in “the :dancer: with LG” maybe :man_shrugging:
And remember, this is still just a test app.

@Doekse Any update about “how to write code for a device driver and how to perform a PR for dummies”? :wink:

1 Like

Or perhaps Athom has found out that it takes more than just good intentions to actually write and maintain a Homey app :man_shrugging:t3:

:stuck_out_tongue: As I understood they hoped we users will write code for requested devices.
But now with all those millions going round…
Not very stimulating.

Like the users did with the previous app? :joy:

While a cursory glance in its forum Thread would tell them that most users just post a link to Aliexpress and think that’ll be enough to get a device supported.

Well let’s just wait and see what happens there. I am not too worried.

I did also share some of the JSON strings in the issues. And looking at Github, I am not the only one. Well, for now it is working for some basic features.

Before any wild theories start circulating, here’s an update:

I just wrapped up a meeting with Tuya, and we’re on track to release the first version of our app by the end of this week or the beginning of next week :tada:

With the app, we will also release knowledge base articles that provide in-depth guidance on connecting devices to Homey and requesting new devices via Homey CLI.

For now, we haven’t added any new devices because we want to ensure that the currently available devices work as expected. We’re still resolving some bugs with the lights and plugs.

We’ve also made progress on integrating cameras, but there are limitations. Tuya doesn’t provide access to their snapshots or streams. So, while you can control camera functions like tilt, pan, siren, and zoom, viewing the feed isn’t possible.

After the first release, we’ll start adding new devices in batches. The first batch will likely include the following:

Stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for your patience! :pray:

4 Likes

Great work! Thanks for the update! Highly appreciated.

Sounds like the current Eufy functionality, right?

2 Likes

I haven’t used that app myself yet, but its functionality seems very familiar indeed.

Is it normal that if I try to add an “Other” Tuya device, even if I already connected the Tuya account, it keeps asking me to conenct instead of letting me select the device? I can see in the SmartLife app that Homey is correctly connected.

AFAIK Home Assistant supports snapshots and streams with its official TuYa integration (although streams can be a bit of a hit-or-miss depending on the camera model).

Also, it sounds like you’re suggesting that Homey supports video streams?

With ‘connect’ you mean login, or?
btw Login should be a one time action when you’re adding your first Tuya device.

Is it similar to this issue?

Interesting, didn’t know that info is visible, also in the Tuya Smart app. Thx!

Yes, connecting the account via logging in.
In smartlife, if you go under settings, account and security, the 1st item under “Authorization management” (sorry I have the app in Italian so I’m not sure what’s that in english).

thanks for the link, I’ll check. EDIT: no it’s different, I get asked Tuya password again and never was able to select any device.

YW.
I found it already, but I just never opened that screen apparently :grimacing:

Did you try the workaround anyways (it’s free of charge :crazy_face: )?