[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

Hello,
Thank you for the app that worked very well before Sofar updated my HYD5000EP (10d, version V050011)

The inverter is found by the app (Ip adress, Serial), I can add the devices to Homey without problem but no information goes back inside. It looks like the problem comes from the Modus register.

For information, in the app settings that work (Send command):

• 1544 for battery state of charge (info OK)
  • 1156 For grid frequency

Would you have a solution to restore communication between Homey and the inverter HYD5000EP?

Thanks

Do you know if it is possible to display production in real time?
In addition to the daily total?
THANKS

Connections to local inverters updates every 5 seconds.

Could you enable the Local Log, wait for a minute and if you see any data, hit the Send Log.

• 2024-02-06T17:28:16.239Z Get Data
  • 2024-02-06T17:28:17.008Z No Data
  • 2024-02-06T17:28:27.038Z Get Data
  • 2024-02-06T17:28:27.745Z No Data

Hmm, not much to go on there.
Could you keep the log switched on, restart the app and then check the log.

Ok send

It’s strange because orders like 1544 work well

Updated, the inverter seems to communicate occasionally randomly (1 log works every 2-4 hours)

I specify that I was in dynamic IP on Homey and Sofar, I switched to fixed IP which did not change anything

Is the ME3000SP supported? The app can’t seem to find the inverter, it’s not finding the grid frequency registry it seems:

That is strange. It would seem the firmware in the inverter is buggy or has some strange limits.
Maybe you could contact Sofar and ask them?

I will search for a register map for that model. Also you could try mapping it by manually trying registers.
I am thinking about building in a Diagnostics feature in the new Sofar app that runs through all the registers and records the output to make it easier to try and map things. It won’t be a complete answer as any responses will have to be identified, which is not always obvious.

How do I manually try registers? Just typing random numbers in the ‘send command’ box? In that case, I merely get:

I will check as it’s been a while, but it should send a request to read the register and show the result. I can’t remember what it shows if nothing is returned, but I don’t think it is what you see, although it does show that an inverter has been detected.

Checked the code of a project to connect the inverter through MQTT (my back-up option, but a lot more complicated it seems to me, https://www.instructables.com/Sofar2mqtt-Remote-Control-for-Sofar-Solar-Inverter/)

In the code, it mentions the following, but it seems to point to 524 (0x020c) being the gridfrequency register, which didn’t return anything:

If that app works for you then I can probably use the information to create a map to see if it works. It will be in the new Sofar app though.

The Solarman Alternative Solution :

After numerous solar apps API’s different brands I installed yesterday 3 Shelly Pro 1PM smart relais including energy measurement.

Cons :

• not cheap
  • not easy to install as you need some knowledge of electricity

Pro’s :

• No more SolarEdge or SolarMan App’s
  • Accurate measurement Solarman App is not giving correct data
  • Can remotely switch off your Solar Panels for example when you have to PAY for delivering Electricity
  • Nice daily reports are easily to create
  • No more frustration in installing and reconfiguring bearer tokens when expired
  • Solar brand independant
  • Not being monitored by the Chinese :wink:

1 Like

Yes it works well but I don’t see the live production, only the daily total

Do you mean the live production is missing or doesn’t update?
What device have you added from the app?

Yes the live production is missing
sofar 3000tl-g3

Only the total today :

That looks like the summary. To see the solar panel production information in real-time you need to add the solar panel device as well. The devices are split so that it works well with Homey’s energy reports.

This is my setup with the devices added to the favourites: