[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

okay understood ! I didn’t realize that it was the panels that reported the information and not the inverter.
Thanks for your help :+1:

1 Like

Sad to see this, Adrian.Thanks for your efforts with Solarman!

You might want to change the link to “Visit website” on the Homey App page as it points to www.sofar.com and I guess it should be www.sofarsolar.com.

1 Like

Another question: which inverters are supported? As I am getting a " HTTPS Error: Nothing returned". I do have a Trannergy inverter, which might not be supported. Just making sure. Thanks!

For local connections it is mainly Sofar, but if an invert supports the same protocol and I can find the MODBUS registers, then I can add it.

Strange that it shows https though as the local connection is just http. What device are you trying to add in Homey?

I do have a Trannergy inverter. I just started “Add a device” and this is the first message I get, without even pointing to a device.

Ok, so you don’t even get a chance to select one of the device types (solar panal, inverter, etc) ?

Correction: I do see the 4 types of devices. I select “Summary / Inverter”. It starts searching for devices and then I get that HTTPS error.

Ok, thanks for the extra info as it gives me a better start to find the problem.

I contacted Sofar who had the information back to the R&D department.

They switched the inverter from version V005 to V006. It didn’t change anything.

For those who have a HYDXx00EP, what is your version of the software? V004 or higher?

Thanks

That’s the same message i get when trying to add the inverter (check my previous messages for the log screenshots. Those are still there. )

Hi Adrian

After our last correspondence, I managed to get data when adding a solar panel and logger with the Sofar/Solarman app. Today it doesn’t work either.
I noticed that a new app with a slightly different name has appeared. This app could not find my inverter. Could it be the fact that v1.1.12 has not been installed and now Homey has both Sofar Solarman and Sofar app? At the moment, I cannot transfer the solar production information to Homey, and I would not want to immediately start buying a separate device for this purpose. Is there any hope that after some time my inverter will start transmitting data to the Homey application using your Sofar app? I am attaching a photo.

Regards

Vahur

Kontakt Adrian Rockall via Homey Community Forum (<notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 4. veebruar 2024 kell 15:45:

The new app has this same local support but dropped the Solarman support as they have blocked my developer account again due to too many calls.
So if you were connecting with one of the local devices, then either app would still work.
I will do a search to see if I can find a MODBUS map for the device you have shown.

1 Like

The manual for the Sofar 20000TL-G2 shows where you can find the modbus communication address on your display. It seems the same for the 15000TL-G2

Modbus address is shown in the display, but maybe only when in initializing state (when being powered on only). And it appears it can be set under Address in the settings. Important: you cannot read the address, you can only set it here.

Setting modbus address:
Users press “Back” button to enter “1.Enter setting” interface, Press ”OK“ button to enter main setting interface. Enter “9. Set Address” by pressing “Up” button or ”Down“ button.
Press “OK” button and enter setting interface “Success” or “fail” is displayed after setting

What default modbus address would you use @Adrian_Rockall (1-31)?

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-03 at 13.45.55_fdec4d3b

The app uses MODBUS ID 1

Did you consider Shelly 3EM? If so, why did you chose for 3x 1PM?

1. Setting the modbus to 00 caused the native Sofar phone app to lose contact. Setting it to 01 made the Sofar app see the inverter again.
  2. Using 01 or 1 in the Sofar/Sofarman (v1.1.12) using send command give response: no inverter (maybe still rate limited?)
  3. Creating a new device in the Sofar app (v1.1.13): HTTPS: error: Nothing returned

If you are using the Solarman device (cloud) then it won’t work as my developer account has been suspended due to too many calls and that’s not going to change.
However, if you are using one or more of the local devices, the rate limit doesn’t apply, you can read the local MODBUS registers as often as you like.
The downside is a limited variety of inverter support due to the different registers the use.

How can we get organized to know the registers for each device? Best to avoid emailing sofar support individually. They’ll quickly stop answering if we do that.

What exactly to ask for? Why https?

I have emailed Sofar several times, but I never get a reply.
I am currently testing a feature in the next version that runs through a range of addresses and returns the data. It’s an extension of the current app settings page but instead of just checking one address, you specify the start address and the number of registers. That way you can let it run through the complete range of addresses and get the results. It might take a few hours and the values still need to be identified but it gives a starting point.

1 Like