App for Homey + Bridge (not Pro) available to tell whether the sun is shining?

I’m looking for an app that I can use to tell wether the sun is shining.

However I don’t know if there is an app among all listed here for Homey + Bridge that can provide that info?

Afaik there’s no weather app available for Homey cloud/bridge yet, but Netatmo. But you’ll need to buy Netatmo hardware, and I’m not sure it has a luminance sensor included.

If I may suggest an alternative:
The easiest and most reliable way (compared to a weather status/forecast way), is to use a luminance sensor.

F.i. my sensor reports, say, 8,000 lux for daylight / clouded sun, and 40,000 lux and up for sunshine. It sits right behind the window and did not melt (yet) :flushed::grin:

1 Like

Nope, no luminance in NetAtmo weather station

Thanks for confirming that, Geurt.

Thanks. I was looking for an alternative of having to work with a lux sensor.

I’m now trying to use IFTTT to achieve this. There I can use Weather Underground to call a Homey Flow when weather changes to clear (or to clouded or rain or snow). Looks promising so far. I will keep you posted…

Als het helder wordt wordt vanuit IFTTT deze flow aangeroepen. Dan even kijken of het niet toevallig nacht is en of er niet al andere grote verbruikers aan staan en dan boiler aanzetten en variabele deZonSchijnt op ja zetten.

Als de zin niet meer schijnt (het is bewolkt geworden of het is gaan sneeuwen of regenen volgens Weather Underground) dan flow Boileruitalsgeenzon aanroepen. Niet zomaar boiler uitzetten maar wel als die is automatisch is aangezet doordat de zon is gaan schijnen. En dan variabele deZonSchijnt weer resetten.

Hey Ruud, hoe laat je IFTTT je flow starten op de bridge? Als ik kijk naar de apps is dit enkel beschikbaar voor de pro… Is dit in de laatste maanden gewijzigd?
Bedankt
Jeroen

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Nederlands (Dutch)