[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Are you sure it is the z-wave version, and not the WiFi (HomeKit) version?

Furthermore, this is not a lot of information that you provide. What did you do? Is an error message displayed? Etc., etc.

My FGDW-002-1 (door sensor 2) died this WE.

I hesistate buying another Fibaro, or going with another brand

What is your experience with this specific device ? Did I simply had no luck and fall on a bad one ?

I also wonder if there is no an issue because my door has a steel plate on te inside part (I read that the Nuki door sensor is not compatible with steel doors. It’s perhaps a general issue ?)

What I like with this one:

• responsive
  • small

What I don’t like

• use odd batteries, hard to find and expensive
  • batteries last only 2-3 month (I did not change default settings)
  • I bought 2, and one of them died this WE after a sĂ©rie of strange bugs.

I have no experience with Fibaro door sensor, I’m using Aeotec door sensor 7. The reason for me to select Aeotec was the tilt function (not only open and closed).
I switch off all unneeded stuff, so that battery life is great for me (>1 year)

That seems pretty rubbish. That means they don’t support firmware upgrades unless you also buy their controller. That’s terrible customer service.

It does appear to be part of the standard. This is from my TKBHome thermostat manual.

Notice the firmware upgrade command.

Homey does technically support OTA for Z-Wave, but theres no app nor build into the core for it that utilizes it, as that’s a lot of work to implement.
But technically it could be build.

It is indeed part of the Z-Wave specifications, but just knowing how to send it, and having the update itself are 2 different things.
It is trying to drive a car, but you don’t have any fuel.
A lot of the manufacturers just don’t give the data, and there is also no single place where everything can be found for the manufacturers that do.

On average it is over 4000 commands that should be send, and verified, so just coming up with update information without bricking the device is worse then trying to win the lottery jackpot.
1 command wrong is enough to brick a device.

So myself wouldn’t trust Homey with such responsibility, it can even fail with sending 50 commands.

1 Like

I’ve looked at all the fibaro zwave manuals I can find and none of them detail the supported commands in the same way that other vendors do. They’ve got to support the standard commands though.

It ought to be possible to get homey to support zwave upgrades as a standard feature.

Contact Athom support and submit a feature request. And/or use the method I mentioned before.
Anyway, you still need to update your Fibaro devices, which is what this topic is about, with a Fibaro Gateway.

1 Like

What is Fibaro’s support like? Are they responsible to support requests? Has anyone asked them for firmware update? Have they explicitly said no?

What are you talking about? What do you want to achieve? Support request for what?
If you want to ask Fibaro if they publish their device firmwares, then you have to ask them. Contact information can be found on their homepage.

This here is a Homey user forum, not a Fibaro forum.

My roller shutter could not be found, removed it and installed it again. Now only moves 10 % up or down via shutter button itselve, Fibaro Homey app or in Homey flows. The other 4 roller shutters work fine and close or open as it should. All settings look the same. Please help!

1 Like

Sorry - someone said that they don’t publish firmware. I was just wondering whether that was a known fact, or an opinion, and whether it was worth leaning on them about it. It definitely feels like suggesting/working with Athom to get firmware support is a good idea. It also feels like leaning on Fibaro to be more open with firmware is a good idea. Both of those things feel like valid topics for this forum.

That is a known fact. If your Fibaro devices needs firmware updates, send them to me and I will update them with my Fibaro HomeCenter 2.
Btw, have you ever checked if there is a new FW for your devices available, e.g. on the Fibaro manual website or in their forum? Are we talking about unlaid eggs here?

Fibaro only updates their devices very rarely. This is the info page in their forum regarding FW updates:

(Hope you can read the date!)

There is also a topic Availability of firmware updates of modules for other systems which is really old.

So feel free to inform yourself, visit the Fibaro forum and contact Athom and Fibaro.

Agree, but not in this topic.

Thanks

I had the same problem. Rollershutter somehow moved the lower limit switch to a dose of about 10%. I solved it by setting new end positions for the window curtain. Such a failure occurred twice. Only after reconnecting rollershutter 3 should you immediately start automatic position calibration.

1 Like

I’m sure this is z-wave plus model

I tried to connect sensor to homey bridge but it doesn’t connect, I’m already did hard reset to sensor and homey , 3 times but it doesn’t connect

Any error message?

Hi, contacted athom 2 times.
So i will try it this way

I noticed that the IF card for fibaro walli switches is not available.
“If output 
 is turned on”
“If output 
 is turned off”

why is that and is it possible to add these cards?
now i use it like, IF power changes AND output 
 is on

But there’s a delay when using it this way, would be great to have those cards, for the walli outlet the cards exist.